Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wolfox

FoxesTalk Strava virtual running club

I’m playing much more football now so that’s where I do my cardio so less recorded runs. I typically now run 2 minutes off my best which is fine, I can’t be doing with running that hard I have a head ache when I get back.

Still think I’m not up to 100% post Covid either but getting there.

• Like 2

Apart from Parkrun my actual running has dropped off massively, then I get annoyed that I haven't made massive strides in my parkrun times lol. My minor victory the other day was I managed to overtake my Mrs on the last corner as I came round to finish and she was going to start her final lap, with the amount of grief I got I won't be doing it again. 

I've got back to playing footy once a week, but need to be doing more running and get myself back in the gym which has also fell off the past few weeks. 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’m playing much more football now so that’s where I do my cardio so less recorded runs. I typically now run 2 minutes off my best which is fine, I can’t be doing with running that hard I have a head ache when I get back.

Still think I’m not up to 100% post Covid either but getting there.

Similar here to push myself anywhere near my best times, I’ll probably have a severe headache or migraine. 

Been on plenty of weekends away recently, it’s been nice to run a lot slower and canter exploring 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, I’ve been doing more and more running. I’m trying to get out at least three times per week, just to maintain a level of fitness. 

How is everyone else getting on now? 

I see less runners than I did during the COVID lockdowns. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Well, I’ve been doing more and more running. I’m trying to get out at least three times per week, just to maintain a level of fitness. 

How is everyone else getting on now? 

I see less runners than I did during the COVID lockdowns. 

Not been able to run in around 9 weeks now due to a recent illness but really miss it. Was something to go and take my mind off of other things for a while. I was actually getting some decent times and miles in before as well, so even more frustrating. I’m sure eventually that first run back will probably take me 2 hours to run 5k lol 

Definitely less runners now than the lockdowns, people are busier now I suppose. 

Barely even managed triple figure mileage over the last 12 months, combination of achilles issues and just general lack of motivation. Once I've got my flat/city move out of the way next month I'm going to try and get back on it, as well as general gym stuff, and hopefully be back to my early-lockdown form by the end of the year. Still really keen on hitting that 20min 5k eventually, I was well on track for it in summer '20 but wasn't meant to be.

I have had a rebirth with it - all but stopped around October last year, then restarted in January. 

This morning I did a 5k in 25 mins, 25 secs which is brilliant achievement considering it's been six weeks back at it. Felt I had more to give as well. Although near perfect conditions for it today. 

Weekends I am now up to 13k - was the quickest I've been this weekends but it took a lot out of me and my legs were sore on Tuesday. So going to slip back down 10k this weekend before going again. Plan will be to hit a half marathon by June and then another by end of the year. 

Irony is that I am not shifting any weight at the mo. Just ain't coming off but the times are getting . I am assuming its because of the muscle building back up. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

Since I moved house all my effort has been in sorting out the house and as of tomorrow it’ll be done

i had a crap year running and although I did a bit of swimming, I really miss it

its strange I felt physically bad when I hadn’t run, but, that fades after a while

i need a fresh start as I’ve been so constant for around 7 years

A timely thread resurrection!

Massively off it at the moment. Been out a few times since the new year but nowhere near consistent. I joined the trail running and ultra marathon group on Facebook as I fancy giving it a go but I can't even get myself out for a 5k at the moment. Im in the gym more consistently, just need to lace my trainers up and get out in the morning or after work

F**ck It. It starts again tonight!

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

A bit gutted to have not got a London Marathon place via the ballot. Any long distance events anyone on here would recommend? I've been looking at the Run Leicester festival half marathon but would like to get some other runs in.

Me too mate. These ballots can fvck off.

Btw, just found this thread and have sent a request to OP to join the Strava group.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Managed to do a 10K 3 Sundays on the trot, but not that much in between.

Fitness is coming back, but blimey it takes some time when you get to my age (late 40s)

I’m of a similar vintage and now that I’ve wound up slaving on my house for the last 8 months, I’m planning on getting out and running a little more…. I really miss it…. A timely bit of inspiration!

8 minutes ago, Asha said:

Btw, just found this thread and have sent a request to OP to join the Strava group.

Got it and another request…. Welcome along!

we are up to 50 runners now, although ‘active’ members seem to have dropped off a little 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I’m of a similar vintage and now that I’ve wound up slaving on my house for the last 8 months, I’m planning on getting out and running a little more…. I really miss it…. A timely bit of inspiration!

Got it and another request…. Welcome along!

we are up to 50 runners now, although ‘active’ members seem to have dropped off a little 

Thank you mate! It's good motivation for me to aim for top 5 of the weekly leaderboard! 

• Like 1

I'm sure this has come up a lot in the last 44 pages, but do many of you go to parkrun regularly?

I aim for almost every Saturday and it's really important for me to have something in the calendar to focus on each week. 

I live in Nottingham now where there are like 15 options haha, but in Leicestershire I've done Braunstone, Leicester Vic, Watermead and Melton Mowbray. The others (Loughborough, Market Harborough and Conkers) are a bit more of a trek lol 

15 minutes ago, Asha said:

I'm sure this has come up a lot in the last 44 pages, but do many of you go to parkrun regularly?

I aim for almost every Saturday and it's really important for me to have something in the calendar to focus on each week. 

I live in Nottingham now where there are like 15 options haha, but in Leicestershire I've done Braunstone, Leicester Vic, Watermead and Melton Mowbray. The others (Loughborough, Market Harborough and Conkers) are a bit more of a trek lol 

I signed up for one but never did it to be honest…. I like running on my own, but, yeah, it gets you out and you may try a little harder!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Asha said:

I've only done the Braunstone PR. Haven't done it since around October last year but I'll be there this Saturday. Always find it a great way to start the weekend.

• Like 1

I was on a run of about 10-12 consecutive parkruns when they started back up last year, my most consistent run. Then moved house and don't think I have ran one since. My running is massively inconsistent at the moment and I was hoping for a marathon place to drive my training. Been hitting the gym twice a week, and Im down about 5kg since I last ran consistently so if I can get my fitness back I'm hoping I'll be hitting some good times.

I’m certainly not a runner anymore,but my lad who was never that  sporty has passed his assessment to join the Parachute regiment ( still a long,long way to go) now we live in the flat fens,but the assessments he has done are very hilly.

Any tips on strengthening for that?

is it just longer runs?

They do their times in 2km blocks.

if of interest he did 6k in 21min 30 last week.