Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cricket 2020

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Are our batters unable to not have a complete brain fart when in bat? We leave so much up to our bloody bowlers

It always seem to be up to Stokes to save us. If he fails then I feel like we generally lose.

EDIT: In terms of a batting and getting a good amount of runs on the board I mean.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It always seem to be up to Stokes to save us. If he fails then I feel like we generally lose.

EDIT: In terms of a batting and getting a good amount of runs on the board I mean.

For some reason we always lose 2 or 3 cheap easy wickets in a row and end up struggling. Like the 2nd innings in the first test, a decent score set and then lose stupid wickets instead of pushing on the lead. 

Today we've lost 3 stupid wickets and put ourselves up against it. 

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Need these two to stay in for a while to build up a partnership. Root has done okay so far.

57 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Nevermind.

Change Root to Kohli and this is how I've felt any time India toured England lol lol

I know we've been crying out for someone like Sibley who can bat time but he does need to find a way of scoring a bit quicker, nothing risky but rotating the strike. Especially once he's got through the new ball, hogs the strike and must be hard for attacking players like Stokes to get going. 

Not complaing too much, because the Windies will be struggling for fitness and with one bowler down. 

All right being only 3 wickets down but we've only got to 130 in 60 overs.

Having been put into bat, WIndies would want to take 6/7 wkts (still could). 
The run rate isn’t a problem as tests rarely go 5 days. The forecast is ok looking ahead too.

New ball is the next hurdle, although with Gabriel struggling, hopefully it negates it to a degree. 
England’s day, so far. 

Slow and steady wins the race lads. Bat for most of today and/or score 400+ and it's England's game to lose. Sibley's doing exactly the job he was brought in to do.

Think Holder will rue bowling first. Like Stokes, he was just trying to play to his team's strengths and will have been on full tilt at the toss after the win in Southampton. But a makeshift England attack which was literally put together yesterday morning was there to be exploited.

6 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

England hoping/planning  on batting once and going big. Only worry, do they have the firepower to take 20 wickets ? Bess could be the go to man on. 

I reckon so. This Windies batting line-up has the potential to win games, but I'm not convinced of its ability to save them.

12 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I reckon so. This Windies batting line-up has the potential to win games, but I'm not convinced of its ability to save them.

Yeah, this is a patience track. 2.5/3 per over. Not sure the Wlndies have that doggedness. They are better but not great. 

23 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Yeah, this is a patience track. 2.5/3 per over. Not sure the Wlndies have that doggedness. They are better but not great. 

Hope is due a score and is the most capable of their upper order in that respect, but he is well out of form.

2 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

The many on here that were clamouring for Sibley have been vindicated I think

Feel the pundits are going at him a little harshly here. So what if he's batted in a one dimensional way? He's done his job perfectly as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

Its more of an area of improvement for Sibley, rather than a criticism. You can see he was trying to rotate the strike more, just found it difficult. Lower order have to capitialise though, otherwise we've batted for best part of two days and haven't bat them out of the game. Especially when we need to win the test match. I think it was Ian Ward who said, that its the lower order that now have to come in and take all the risks to speed up the run rate.

35 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Really going to be a make or break innings for Buttler when he gets in. If he can't get runs under these circumstances he's got to be finished.

Yeah, this situation is tailor made for him. An hour of this pair will be special.