Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cricket 2020

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Feel the pundits are going at him a little harshly here. So what if he's batted in a one dimensional way? He's done his job perfectly as far as I'm concerned.

Said pundits would be first to absolutely hammer him if he got out wafting outside the off stump, or the team got rolled over for 150 for not valuing their wicket.

Unless someone smacks 100 at decent lick, they'll always find something to moan about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Feel the pundits are going at him a little harshly here. So what if he's batted in a one dimensional way? He's done his job perfectly as far as I'm concerned.

He is what England need. Too often we’ve been 30-3. I know he failed 1st innings in the last test but at least he wants to bat time. We’ve got/had too many Denly’s, who look good for an hour and nick off for ‘a nice 28’. We need to have one eye on the ashes too, can’t keep changing the line up. Stick with Sibley, Pope, Crawley, probably Burns. The bowling looks healthy too. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I like Roach, he deserved that.

Credit to him and the Windies. They've not let their shoulders drop at any point in this innings really, which is well easier said than done given the situation.

Edited by Voll Blau

Plenty in this game still. England to bat for about an hour, just over maybe. A lead of 270/280 should be safe, WIndies don’t need to chase victory, and probably won’t. If we bowl well it could be a great day of test cricket. 

8 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Plenty in this game still. England to bat for about an hour, just over maybe. A lead of 270/280 should be safe, WIndies don’t need to chase victory, and probably won’t. If we bowl well it could be a great day of test cricket. 

Good test of the West Indies mentality here if they get put in to bat and have to chase a total/bat all day to get the draw. Hope England don't bat too long and declare on time. If I remember correctly it's been an issue a couple of times in the past. As long as there's no rain it could be a good day of cricket, fingers crossed! 

31 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Good test of the West Indies mentality here if they get put in to bat and have to chase a total/bat all day to get the draw. Hope England don't bat too long and declare on time. If I remember correctly it's been an issue a couple of times in the past. As long as there's no rain it could be a good day of cricket, fingers crossed! 

Some are saying England need a lead of 300. That is way too many, l reckon.

A final day pitch, 250 could be plenty, providing we bowl well. We can’t afford to bat for more than an hour, plus we may need a second new ball late in the day. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Root needs to be brave with the declaration.

Would sooner lose the test match if we give ourselves a chance of winning it than declaring too late and effectively ensuring we draw.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Why are they just wasting these reviews? 

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

They just wasting time?

Yeah, think it's meant to be a time-wasting tactic but don't think it'll make much difference as the overs will need to be bowled today regardless?

I reckon England have enough already. Bring 'em in.

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I've just turned this on, what's happened so far?

Stokes went full on t20 mode. 

England total rising nicely. Now just a question of when declaration will be. 

West Indies reviewed an lbw, even the ball pitched about half a metre outside leg lol

5 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Yeah, think it's meant to be a time-wasting tactic but don't think it'll make much difference as the overs will need to be bowled today regardless?

I reckon England have enough already. Bring 'em in.

Same. Think they're waiting for a 300+ lead.