Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cricket 2020

4 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Only just got round to watching (the highlights).  What a win that was.  Test cricket is brilliant especially in English conditions.

Trying to survive/ force victory on the final day is the ultimate test of skill and attitude.

A thrilling last day is an absolute joy.

Interesting how they go with the bowlers, rumours Stokes can't bowl so I get the feeling they will leave Bess out and go with 4 seamers. Anderson, Broad, Curran and Archer. Harsh on Woakes but Archer should be fired up to make a point and might give him the extra motivation.

14 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Interesting how they go with the bowlers, rumours Stokes can't bowl so I get the feeling they will leave Bess out and go with 4 seamers. Anderson, Broad, Curran and Archer. Harsh on Woakes but Archer should be fired up to make a point and might give him the extra motivation.

I think he will be. With his comments the other day I expect a reaction. He doesn't seem like the guy to shy away from anything. 

Surprised the Windies have opted to bowl yet again, but maybe they back themselves with England opting to go a batsman light. Gambling that Stokes might damage himself running between the wickets?

Buzzing to see Big Rahkeem in action. :wub:

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

So Crawley has been left out, bit weird to have so many bowlers. Anderson, Broad, Archer, Woakes and Curran plus Bess :blink:

Lots of all-rounders though.

I guess the thinking is England need to win the match or the West Indies retain the trophy, and that all the runs in the world won't help you unless you take 20 wickets too. Big, big last chance for Buttler to prove himself with the step up to six.

4 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I guess the thinking is England need to win the match or the West Indies retain the trophy, and that all the runs in the world won't help you unless you take 20 wickets too. Big, big last chance for Buttler to prove himself with the step up to six.

Puts pressure on top 6, including Buttler as you say. I guess they wanted to have 4 seamers and a spinner, and they don't think Stokes will bowl.

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Puts pressure on top 6, including Buttler as you say. I guess they wanted to have 4 seamers and a spinner, and they don't think Stokes will bowl.

Root said on TMS he thinks Stokes might be OK to bowl second innings. Machine though he is, I'm not convinced - especially if he has to play the kind of innings we've come to expect of him at least once in this game.

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This Cornwall chap is a rather large bloke 

Not to be underestimated though! Good first class record and has already spun them to victory in one Test.

Also a half-decent bat, good slip fielder and can apparently keep too!

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Not to be underestimated though! Good first class record and has already spun them to victory in one Test.

Also a half-decent bat, good slip fielder and can apparently keep too!

Well that wasn't a bad grab! Loved the "JIMMAAAAAY!" picked up on the stump mic just then. lol

Shame for Burns as thought he had a ton in him today. Right then Jos, what have you got...

I really like Burns, think he has a lot to offer as an opener, but he really must start converting some 50s into tons. For a player who eats up deliveries, he does seem to lose concentration rather easily sometimes, the deliveries Chase has got him out with this series have all been very innocuous. 

23 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Weren't they playing until 6:30? So they lost 10mins at most there. 

But the problem is the light meter reading the umps took sets the standard for the rest of the game. I.e. Any time it gets that "dark" they'll go off.