Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City Post match thread

I thought Tielemans was fine. Faded in the second half but wasn't alone there. He's never going have any pace. That was obvious right from his debut for us, after 10 minutes of which my brother turned to me and said, "Kinell he's slow.". If he had any pace he wouldn't be here. What he has got is the ability to pick a pass and unlock defenses. Which he did, but unfortunately Vardy didn't finish.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Guvnor said:

MOTD analysis highlighting Chilly not having a great game against Mahrez, not close enough on several occasions, gave him too much room and time. Fuchs gets drawn to the ball and not staying with his man Jesus for their goal.

Chilly is NEVER close enough, whoever he's against. He simply has to improve that aspect of his game, that and putting some effort in to stopping crosses...

I like him, BTW. He's a very good player but the chances of him becoming a great player have IMO lessened this season.

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I thought Tielemans was fine. Faded in the second half but wasn't alone there. He's never going have any pace. That was obvious right from his debut for us, after 10 minutes of which my brother turned to me and said, "Kinell he's slow.". If he had any pace he wouldn't be here. What he has got is the ability to pick a pass and unlock defenses. Which he did, but unfortunately Vardy didn't finish.

He may have had that one pass but didn't do anything for the rest of the game. Whenever he got the ball he either lost it in possession or he played a poor pass. 

Guest An Sionnach

Looking much better defensively , even without Wilf, so that is encouraging . Need more dynamism in midfield though and you will not get it from Youri. Every striker option must be employed , even the U23s , can't live in hope that Jamie is going to get it together any time soon.

I am currently watching a re-run of the game and seeing it again and I am totally confident we are back on track for a top 4 finish.  This formation should be used more often that’s for sure. 

But that cuddle between Pep and John Toss was disgusting.  

6 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I am currently watching a re-run of the game and seeing it again and I am totally confident we are back on track for a top 4 finish.  This formation should be used more often that’s for sure. 

But that cuddle between Pep and John Toss was disgusting.  

The formation was designed to compensate for a lack of DM and designed to limit Man City’s creativity. Norwich, Villa etc will be a different beast.

We’ve already seen what happens when we play 3 at the back at home to Villa and I don’t think I can bear watching Ben Chillwell pass the ball backwards for 90 minutes again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ricey said:

The formation was designed to compensate for a lack of DM and designed to limit Man City’s creativity. Norwich, Villa etc will be a different beast.

We’ve already seen what happens when we play 3 at the back at home to Villa and I don’t think I can bear watching Ben Chillwell pass the ball backwards for 90 minutes again.

I was not suggesting every week!  Just for games against the more attack minded teams.

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Am I the only one that wonders why we don't play balls down the line over the top anymore? Yesterday looked perfect for it with Man City pressing high up the pitch, yet when Chilwell had the ball at LB, Vardy and Barnes just stood in the middle of the park on the halfway line and offered him no option at all down the line.

We did it on a number of occasions first half and it had some joy.

17 hours ago, David Hankey said:

No points against the top team nor the team in second spot, says a lot to me. Until we start taking our chances we'll always be second best!!

Ignoring the fact we've had contentious decisions go against us in all of those games? 

At Liverpool we have a draw until the last minute for a soft penalty. 

Liverpool at home the penalty against us killed us, which then hasn't been replicated in similar situations for other teams. 

Man City at home we obviously have 2 huge penalty shouts ignored. 

4 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I don't see why don't completely surround the ref like big teams do?

It clearly works and if we want to stay in the top 4 then we need to act like it.

Refs can be intimidated and influenced and it's costing us points by not doing it.

.. no one wants to see this!! 

The idea is to prevent the players surrounding the referee and we need to stop it. Captains only should be allowed to speak to the referee, we are obviously well disciplined in this respect. 

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

The idea is to prevent the players surrounding the referee and we need to stop it. Captains only should be allowed to speak to the referee, we are obviously well disciplined in this respect. 

I disagree. Until it's stamped out we should do it as the other teams do. Madrid, Barca, Man City, Liverpool and PSG would all do it, and you can bet your house that it has an effect on the decision and outcome.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I'd prefer to do this and have a few more points on the board than think we're holier than thou.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I disagree. Until it's stamped out we should do it as the other teams do. Madrid, Barca, Man City, Liverpool and PSG would all do it, and you can bet you're house that it has an effect on the decision and outcome.

.. it still does not make it right!! 

Yes the FA need to take a look at stamping it out but I would rather watch my team do the right thing and change can come from what you do. 

Leicester Tigers players are cited but as a club the Tigers do not cite other players.. so far as I am concerned it is a massive thing for me. 

Yes the FA need to take a look at stamping it out but I would rather watch my team do the right thing and change can come from what you do. 

Leicester Tigers players are cited but as a club the Tigers do not cite other players.. so far as I am concerned it is a massive thing for me. 

Whatever floats your boat. I'd rather have a CL tour next season knowing our players committed a dirty foul on the break to stop a counter or knowing they surrounded the ref to win a penalty, ultimately one that secures us a point which secures us CL qualification. If being a clean and doing the right thing means you win **** all, then lets be dirty *****.

I take it you were massively upset when we won the league when huth and Morgan were grappling in the box?

Or when vardy initiated contact for his penalties?

10 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I'd prefer to do this and have a few more points on the board than think we're holier than thou.

.. you are not guaranteed to get the decision!! 

Even when they review the incident we still do not get the decision going our way, as we have seen recently. 

We are not portraying ourselves as holier than thou, we just play in the proper spirit of the game. 

I actually thought we played quite well yesterday. I can't moan too much at us. Their goal looked far too easy though and it was a goal totally typical of having a lack of proper holding midfielder.

I do think that formation is the way to go in those types of games. It wasn't perfect but I didn't think our faults yesterday were tactical - more silly errors and bodging up the final ball. As a performance it was better and if not for indefensible, possibly corrupt officiating we'd have gotten something.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

I actually thought we played quite well yesterday. I can't moan too much at us. Their goal looked far too easy though and it was a goal totally typical of having a lack of proper holding midfielder.

I do think that formation is the way to go in those types of games. It wasn't perfect but I didn't think our faults yesterday were tactical - more silly errors and bodging up the final ball. As a performance it was better and if not for indefensible, possibly corrupt officiating we'd have gotten something.

Yup. I was actually encouraged. 

All you need to do is ask yourself is if Riyad would have been able to meander through midfield had Wilf or even Hamza been playing.

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yup. I was actually encouraged. 

All you need to do is ask yourself is if Riyad would have been able to meander through midfield had Wilf or even Hamza been playing.

I doubt it, I think that goal was totally typical of the issues I think we have as a team - too nice. We've got to become more aggressive as a team. We're too passive in a lot of situations like that. The lack of appeals for our penalty too falls under this.

• Like 1