Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City Post match thread

Really close game that.

I really enjoyed the game, particularly Soyuncu and Iheancho in the first half.

Second half did drop off, yet it still could have gone either way. 

Mahrez started that run at the beginning of February and still everyone backed off, I found that very odd football.

That's why Schmeichel is in goal, amazing saves. 

The handball penalty decisions were wrong and Man City's should not have been given. 

The Video element is good: it's quickly available and clear enough to base decisions on. 

However the Assisted Referee element is not good enough. 

It's great it's being highlighted now and hopefully a new batch of skilful referees are currently being trained to gradually phase out our current crop of Pre-VAR ref's, let them go and ref without the system where it's not used. 

They're holding up the game.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

VAR drew the line before Mahrez kicked it on the screen shot on Sky.

Amazingly the PL are proving what I knew all along; the game is rigged.

Please no retorts on me going over the top; how naive have you got to be after the Chelsea incident and our game just now.

Police, politicians, government officials, FIFA, UEFA have all be found to be corrupt all over the world, what on earth makes people think it can’t happen in English football or it is immune to it! 

I honestly agree. How the **** people can just outright deny it I've no idea. Until we get some explanations (we won't ever) then I'll be convinced it's rigged and quite frankly I'm losing interest.

Biggest joke of a season in the history of the English top flight, surely.

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

I wonder if that Mega Bell End Aka David Coote will be allocated another Foxes game before the end of the season? Hopefully, he will be demoted quite soon. So out of his depth, really.

Wasn't he also the ref in the home game v West Ham who gave a ridiculous penalty against Wilf? Makes Kavanagh look like Collina.

• Like 1

Conspiracy theories are an attempt by stupid people to appear intelligent.

With literally no evidence whatsoever, you make a sweeping assertion that falls apart within seconds of being glanced at. You claim to be honest and unbiased (as a Leicester fan while commenting on a decision that went against us) while claiming everyone in authority in the game is acting in one huge anti-Leicester conspiracy.

’Infamy, infamy, they all have it infamy’

Today we just didnt get the rub of the green, just about every decision went against us. But the biggest issue for me was the De Bruyne handball.

I need to know the reason why that incident and Praets handball were treated differently. I just hope that the we demand an explanation from the Premier League.

This is doing my head in

7 hours ago, foxinsox said:

'Yes, Chilwell had a good game and neutralised Mahrez well"

On TV they showed Chilwell constantly too far away from Mahrez and Mahrez running rings round him. He didn't contain Mahrez well at all, especially second half, and was one of those that let Mahrez run past him for the goal. 

Mahrez came back to haunt us didn't he? On the field we didn't really cope with him. Off it, I felt the booing lacked class and made us look a bit petty.

Sick of hearing the conspiracy crap. Let's be honest, we didn't create a lot. We played OK, but when they scored I think everyone knew that was it.

We were beaten by a better team. It happens. But we gave them a game, and it's still a brilliant season.

Onwards and upwards (or at least, not downwards!)

• Like 2

Thought we played well, far better than the away game and had Vardy's chance gone in who knows? They were clearly fired up but our formation change helped defensively for the most part but you could see us struggling to get forward later on.

Tielemans and Praet had tough roles and did pretty well, Fuchs was generally very good (as were all the back three), shame Iheanacho had to go off and Vardy wasn't at his best, both the miss and general play.

We need to get some serious points from the next four before the international break now, we still have a great position and our blip hasn't damaged us too much. Signs of improvement against a top team but still no points which needs to be addressed for next season.

13 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Fuchs did an okay job but was at fault for the goal for me and went missing at times, he's not a CB, that was our weakness there, why we not play Bennett? 

I've no idea why the emojis find this odd, watching motd you can see clearly fuchs was to blame for the goal and was missing on a fair few occasions 

1 hour ago, squidsworth said:

On TV they showed Chilwell constantly too far away from Mahrez and Mahrez running rings round him. He didn't contain Mahrez well at all, especially second half, and was one of those that let Mahrez run past him for the goal. 

Yes, but I was at the match watching, so saw a lot of the movement off camera.

By and large Chilwell marked Mahrez well, preventing his characteristic cut inside and left foot shot. I think Fuchs was more to blame for the goal.

Praet did a great job of marking KDB too, and really stifled his game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Man City played last night like we did earlier in the season against the ‘not big six’.  They moved us around until we couldn’t run any more and then they stuck the knife in ......

Liverpool did the same Boxing Day 

we need to get back to playing with bravery and confidence ...... that’s how you win more than you don’t and how you nearly always beat inferior teams ..... Brendon needs to get the message back into their heads ...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Unfortunately I was unable to watch today. Sound smile a much improved performance and another VAR horror show. Does that sum it up? 

Yeah shape and organisation really good. More of a team effort than recent weeks. Openings on the counter which we didn’t take advantage of.

I don’t think we’ve been that bad across the last three fixtures. Now we’ve got put the foot on the pedal 

• Like 2

A few positives in the performance but ultimately the same failings and the result we all feared. I guess BR will claim a victory in the we stayed in the game so long, but they could have been out of sight by half time, With better finishing.

Would Mahrez make that run against NDiddi in midfield. I doubt it. Our lack of a physical fast paced presence in midfield was evident once again. It just highlights our dependence on Wilf.

Kasper made some great players saves yesterday, But why does he lead with his foot for the Goal instead of Spreading himself in which case they wouldn't have scored. Would he have saved the Ineanacho effort  when he got injured, I doubt it. Small margins I know but these are what's costing us. 

Great to see us play with Ineanacho  alongside Vardy, I think we have to continue with two up top. Iheanacho was mobile, imaginative, and brave, and will surely get us goals. While giving us options instead of the one dimensional  approach with Vardy which has been worked out by a lot of teams.

We're now down th a few must win games which won't be easy as some are fighting to avoid relegation. 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Does anyone feel that with hindsight, ayo would have been a better change than Harvey ?   Barnes seemed to be very unsure where to play away from his natural wide position. Perez would surely have been more at home playing in and around vards ?? 

I think the right decision would have been to swap Harvey for Tielemens (who was awful) and bring on Perez for fuchs a lot earlier! As in as soon as they scored. 

IMO first half we were the slightly better team, 2nd half, particularly as it wore on, an excellent Man City teams possession took its toll and edged the victory.

Those bemoaning our fitness, we are used to dominating the ball of late so running round , closing space and at times chasing shadows for 70+% of the game is bound to take its toll.

Considering our lack of enforcer protection, leading to  formation changes, we played well and on another day and with correct VAR decisions it could have been a very different outcome.

I certainly  didn't  see it like our usual band of knee jerk reactionaries.

COYB

• Like 1