Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City Post match thread

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Unfortunately I was unable to watch today. Sound smile a much improved performance and another VAR horror show. Does that sum it up? 

Much improved but up against a very well-organised side with a gameplan.

VAR horror show correct. 

We looked tired after about 75mins from all the chasing and running we were doing. 

30 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Thought he was better today, played in the front foot anticipating stuff instead of reacting he’s a much better player. He did that a couple of times today, he just consistently needs to do that and he will be one hell of a player

I just don’t see it. Bang average at best. Has nothing apart from some pace and then he doesn’t deliver

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

We haven’t been very good for quite some time now tbh

I’m still sore we’ve let Villa shit-house their way to a final cos they are rubbish

We need to freshen up in the summer and make some key signings or our probable CL campaign will be very short

We'll need another striker, winger and central midfielder (defensive) as a minimum I think.

3 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Vardy needs to put the club first and give that new kid up for adoption.

lol. You're quite right though, the birth of the child seemed to be the catalyst for his recent sub par run - and he's had a couple of injuries too.

We played well in the first half and probably should've gone into half time with the lead. Your never going to get too many chances against a side like Man city so not taking them has cost us. Along with some terrible inconsistent decisions from VAR aswell. 

Second half Man city were the better team. Overall I think a draw would've been a fair result.

Tielemans has been poor for weeks now. Maybe months. Sloppy, immobile throughout the game but how you see him fade even further after around 75mins mark is shocking. Needs to get his fitness sorted this summer, unless it’s some serious fitness issue hence why Monaco got rid. 

I don’t know if it’s just me, but does everyone else feel much more confident when you see Fuchs on the ball? You just know he’ll make the right pass/movement, especially vs. Chillwell. 

Which brings me onto Ben. Yes, he’s England’s LB and ‘one of our own’, but I’ve lost the faith. Incredibly one footed, great stamina and pace but lacking that key technical ability and knowledge. imagine having a Ricardo-equivalent on the left side. That’s what we should be aiming for

• Like 1

Enjoyed the match for 80 mins - we played pretty well against the billionaires.

...we ran out of steam at the end and conceded a goal.

We lost (.... gloom descends on FT) but a pretty good performance from many .

downsides...

Youri was wasteful and disappointing for much of the game

some poor decisions around the box knackered a large part of our forward play

a fair few of the usual suspects did not perform-AGAIN

....not a lot really rested on the game so TBH not too bothered, on to some some seemingly easier matches.

9 minutes ago, Poiseuille said:

I don’t know if it’s just me, but does everyone else feel much more confident when you see Fuchs on the ball? You just know he’ll make the right pass/movement, especially vs. Chillwell. 

Apart from their goal which was his fault (if anyone’s) ..... I guess he wasn’t on the ball at that point ..... his distribution this evening was sometimes good and sometimes not good .......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, weller54 said:

BR gets 5m a year to make a decision such as bringing on f**king Matty James when we're chasing the game.. it's just beyond comprehension...

Honestly, it's right up there with the most confusing substitution ever!!

Is it though? All of our midfielders were knackered and we were being completely over ran. James was the only midfielder we had available. Is it really beyond comprehension or are you just reacting negatively because we lost? 

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

I thought we did quite well today against a very talented team, you just can't ignore the quality and experience of their team compared to ours. Praet did very well for me and Iheanacho made a good contribution and far more influential than Perez. 

Negativity speaking I have to say Tielemans looked poor, not nearly as fit as his counterparts, slow, wasteful and complete liability on a couple of occasions. 

I don’t get Youri, he looks totally out of his depth physically in this league.

Plays like he’s wearing lead flippers 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha 1

Considerably better than the game in December and on another day would have had at least a draw.

opportunity to consolidate third place with the games we have coming up. 
looking forward to Carrow Road on Friday. Last Friday match I went to was a cracker, I’m sure everybody remembers it. I’m not expecting that again but we we should be winning this one, particularly as we couldn’t beat them at home.

Decent first half, shaded it I thought. Lots of optimism for second half but sadly reverted back to recent form, constant bad decision making in passing, pissing about at the back playing suicide ball. Generally we were architects of our own downfall, giving Mahrez a free run at least two players could have challenged or tracked him but instead just let him run past, criminal.

Least said about var the better, feels like ages we got a decision, can't see how we didn't get the handball absolutely no excuse not to give it. Also thought their keeper continued to punch into nacho and did nothing to pull out, practically assault could have been serious injury. Maybe shouldn't be doing two fisted punch when 50/50 with a player.

First half encouraging we could have been a couple up but the second half a real disappointment in comparison and we looked like a team a league below our opponents, again. Ultimately got what we deserved, though I now hate var.

5 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I don’t get Youri, he looks totally out of his depth physically in this league.

Plays like he’s wearing lead flippers 🤷🏻‍♂️

I agree but then again we saw a different player last year so we know he has talent. I remember when he first came he could only last about 65 minutes before he had to be taken off. This was accepted as he hadn't been playing and the pace and physical nature of our game would be different for him. He adapted and seemed to be as fit as his team mates by the end of the season. 

Following a full preseason he seemed unfit and still doesn't seem right! He puffs and blows and doesn't contribute as much physically as his counterparts. He appears ponderous in movement and thought, the latter in direct contrast to his fleet of mind player splitting through balls off last year. Perhaps he's not happy,  perhaps he's in the comfort zone with a big contract but, whatever it is, there's something not right.

8 minutes ago, squidsworth said:

Decent first half, shaded it I thought. Lots of optimism for second half but sadly reverted back to recent form, constant bad decision making in passing, pissing about at the back playing suicide ball. Generally we were architects of our own downfall, giving Mahrez a free run at least two players could have challenged or tracked him but instead just let him run past, criminal.

Least said about var the better, feels like ages we got a decision, can't see how we didn't get the handball absolutely no excuse not to give it. Also thought their keeper continued to punch into nacho and did nothing to pull out, practically assault could have been serious injury. Maybe shouldn't be doing two fisted punch when 50/50 with a player.

First half encouraging we could have been a couple up but the second half a real disappointment in comparison and we looked like a team a league below our opponents, again. Ultimately got what we deserved, though I now hate var.

Re VAR. we got a decision last week

Very good in the first half. Man City are always going to cause issues going forward but having Nacho up with Vardy gave us that extra outlet and he held it up well. Great ball from Tielemans :ph34r: to put Vardy in behind, on another day he sticks it away. How we didn’t get at least one penalty in hindsight, beggars belief. How the guy who made such a cock up in an earlier game ended up being scheduled to do this one, and then make more mistakes is highly questionable. Losing Nacho was a blow, Harvey started off lively but ended up drifting wider leaving Vardy isolated and no way of retaining the ball, giving them greater control. Their penalty, fair enough, although ten men around the referee is poor form. Mahrez - well we’ve seen him do that many a time. Fuchs gets drawn away from Jesus without engaging Mahrez, who duly plays him in and takes it well. We tired second half, but I thought generally we stayed focused defensively until the last ten minutes. Midfield was clearly feeling it having worked so hard, but only having a newly ‘fit’ Matty James, we had to plough on with it. I was surprised to see him come on, but I don’t think Perez on at that point would’ve changed much. Generally encouraged. It felt like a top four battle today, good atmosphere generally, and we have learnt from the game in December. Looking forward to Norwich 🦊

It would feel more balanced if they looked at stuff more than once when play is still properly active. 

They've been told too much about keeping the game flowing that they only properly look at things once play is dead. A quick restart and you hardly see anything given, despite how obvious it is.

We also need to stop referees being marked down if the VAR goes againt their decision. Imagine swapping roles with your colleagues and watching them do the job you do and telling them they arent doing the job right. You wouldn't. Its just a shit system. 1 monitor, 1 ref or **** all.

There’s a lot VAR / referee and big club (us) / really big club (them) paranoia on this thread - also a lot of support for it…. A bit wierd if you ask me

The game isn’t ‘rigged’…. We’ve had things in our favour and some things not over the course of a season…. Suck it up

Edited by Wolfox

4 hours ago, sheffield_fox said:

Worth remembering that we're still 3rd by 6 points and finally have a decent run of winnable games.

True - although more winnable on paper than in reality, especially given our current part two season form thus far....