Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City Post match thread

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I disagree. Until it's stamped out we should do it as the other teams do. Madrid, Barca, Man City, Liverpool and PSG would all do it, and you can bet you're house that it has an effect on the decision and outcome.

Agree I don't like to see but unfortunately most teams do it every week, so if it is good for them, good for us. I honestly believe it does affect the refs in certain circumstances. How many times have you seen a non decision in the first half quickly given second half after the ref getting a bolloc*ing walking to the dugout?

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Zaha? 3 goals all season? 

35 goals in 204 PL games...

Shhhhhh! Those two are the sacred cows of Foxestalk. You don't want to disturb the beast :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Let’s be real he’d get a hatful playing for a team that crosses the half way line a bit more than a couple of times a game. 

He’s never out scored Pérez in a season IIRC and he’s hardly set the world on fire in a more attacking team 

Unpopular and controversial opinion coming up

Am I the only one who wasn't impressed at all by the performance and think we got we deserved? OK first half we were OK, Vardy should score, we had 1 or 2 moments, but 2nd half we were  utter cack, didn't get near them at all, couldn't keep the ball, looked like a bottom of the league team trying to hold them off. OK they didn't create much but we couldn't keep the ball, and couldn't get the ball off them for long spells. We seemed miles off them in terms of energy, ideas and desire. And James Maddison, mate you need to stop appearing on Soccer Am every week and playing the megastar and knuckle down cos you were non existent again. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Am I the only one who wasn't impressed at all by the performance and think we got we deserved? OK first half we were OK, Vardy should score, we had 1 or 2 moments, but 2nd half we were  utter cack, didn't get near them at all, couldn't keep the ball, looked like a bottom of the league team trying to hold them off. OK they didn't create much but we couldn't keep the ball, and couldn't get the ball off them for long spells. We seemed miles off them in terms of energy, ideas and desire. And James Maddison, mate you need to stop appearing on Soccer Am every week and playing the megastar and knuckle down cos you were non existent again. 

I agree about Maddison. I’m all for enjoying yourself but he passed me on Friday in a black Lamborghini and it was a 🙄🙄 moment. 
Be at the top of your game for a few years before going all Diouf on us mate.

33 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

don’t you realise what an hour of chasing after the ball does to you ??

didnt you watch us beating all the non top six teams in sept/Oct/Nov ??  That’s what we did to them ..... passed them to death until they couldn’t run any more 

We need to get that confidence and bravery back and we will be fine .....

Man City are one of the top five sides in world football ....... perspective 

we did ok until we couldn’t any longer .....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I don't see why don't completely surround the ref like big teams do?

It clearly works and if we want to stay in the top 4 then we need to act like it.

Refs can be intimidated and influenced and it's costing us points by not doing it.

To be fair they did this after the Nakamba handball which was the worst decision of the lot and still got nothing.

2 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

I certainly think MC were the better team and deserved the three points, even if they were on the better side of the judgment calls.  You can be screwed by the ref or VAR and still deserve to have lost.  Certainly better than the last time we played them, but still not very good especially in the second half.  The first Liverpool match is really the only one against the top 2 where we genuinely deserved anything out of it.

3 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

We tired in the second half, for sure, but that was inevitable without a defensive midfielder. We created quite a few good counter attacking opportunities in the second half, but we wasted every single one of them once we got near the goal.

We also limited Man City to only a few good chances all match, so on the whole you have to say it was a good performance, given the circumstances.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Ricey said:

We tired in the second half, for sure, but that was inevitable without a defensive midfielder. We created quite a few good counter attacking opportunities in the second half, but we wasted every single one of them once we got near the goal.

We also limited Man City to only a few good chances all match, so on the whole you have to say it was a good performance, given the circumstances.

I agree with this entirely. Man City were limited to 1 clear chance (plus a penalty) and maybe 2 half chances, and a bunch of much worse efforts. Compared to our 1 clear chance (consider we should have had 1, maybe 2 penalties). Normally you'd see them creating 4 or 5 good chances before they score. It was pretty even considering loads of people were expecting us to take a beating. These guys are one of the best teams in the world and their squad cost damn near a billion Pounds to assemble.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

That was a very decent performance from us. Certainly our best one against a Top 6 side since Liverpool in November.

I didnt have great expectations going into it but considering we had no defensive midfielder available a point would have been well deserved.

Man City had their moments and given their resources it's a given but apart from the goal we contained them well enough.

Praet was excellent but Tielemans stands out like a sore thumb with his lack of fitness. 60 minutes against Man City and their high energy game won't cut it. Granted no one wants to go back to Men-Didi like before he joined but he needs to up the ante on the physical side. 

I didn't believe Vardy was that bad. Worth mentioning the excellence of Man City's defence. 

Frustrating result but would rather take a point off Wolves than Man City. 1 point from the last 2 games is about right.

Now just have to take the game to Norwich. Could be a disaster of our own making wrt Europe. Our slump started against Norwich. Now its time to end it against them.

I thought we played ok in the first half,  but we went into our shell in the second and rodgers 'negative approach against the big boys' came out again. The few times we got forward in the second half there was literally no support for the ball player except one. 

i thought kasper, praett, and evans, were outstanding and chilwell was much  better than in the reverse fixture..

Maddison and tielemans were largely awol so there went most of our creative attacking threat. nacho was lightweight and Vardy still lacking confidence, his chance was tough hitting it with the right foot to the far post.

For their goal it was 4 of them against 7 of us, and they still managed to find plenty of space to  pass and score.

I'm not going to  comment on VAR it's already  been said, justice was done when kasper saved the pen.

I thought 0-1 was a fair reflection of the game, but yet again, i'm  disappointed that rodgers wasn't more positive against a top club, because they were below par, and we could have got at them more.

Edited by Swiss_tony

13 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Spot on mucker. 

I thought we were quite good first half, as usual Man City blind with stats without often doing that much.

Second half less so, whether the incidents impacted the players we will never know. :dunno:

Vardy :wub: is becoming a concern, and he may be better as an impact sub next time?

1 hour ago, holyfox said:

Surprised nobody had noted how Man City beating Real Madrid and out played them, at least in terms of shots etc, puts our close faigjt defeat into perspective. The reality is that we are a classy, talented young side who are a short of a couple of quality players in the gI a third. We could easily have beaten Man City and Chelsea if we weren’t so reliant on Vardy. Our wingers are full of tricks but as a team we haven’t got the consistency to turn the screw when the pressure is on. I think we are a bit like Liverpool in 2015/16. I think we need to stand back and accept that the players have over achieved compares to most preseason expectations and the pressure has got to them.

injuries haven’t helped either, so I for one and going to back them and cheer them on through the home run because not only do they deserve it but I think it is the best way to help them get back to the early season form.

#foxesneverquit #fearless #theresonlyoneCity

:scarf::chant::scarf:

Man City knew we would be tougher hence why Fernandinho, Aguero and Sterling started against us. :ph34r:

• Haha 1