Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-0 Birmingham - Post-Match Thread

2 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

How others see us. From Tim Nash, who reported on the game for the Times: 

The Portugese full back's header was the least Rodgers' side deserved for a powerful display of attacking football in the second half which overwhelmed Birmingham. James Maddison was an increasing influence on the game and hit the side netting, and then the bar, before he set up Kelechi Iheanacho's effort which was ruled out for a clear offside. The goal Leicester had been threatening for the entire second half finally arrived eight minutes from time......

Any objective viewer would say we deserved it because we did. It’s only really our own fans that think we were shite. We dominated them on every metric one might care to measure. We’re a strange bunch. X 

• Like 4

Moss was his usual crap self too. Two "fouls" in the first half where Hogan threw himself over after initiating contact with both centre halves then not booking Kieftenbeld for wiping out Albrighton who was advancing well into their half.

Useless.

7 hours ago, String fellow said:

One Birmingham City supporter who was interviewed by the BBC when leaving the KP Stadium said that we're not the third best team in the country. Tbh, it's difficult not to disagree with him right now. 

Yes I agree

We probably were not the "best team" in England when we won the league but it's irrelevant. It's your position in the league that counts. 

49 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Any objective viewer would say we deserved it because we did. It’s only really our own fans that think we were shite. We dominated them on every metric one might care to measure. We’re a strange bunch. X 

dunno mate, the stream I was watching was saying how poor we were for a premier League team, less so in the second half but still hammering home how uncreative we were, they were also horrified with how poorly we saw out the game. I personally thought we were the dictionary definition of meh.

8 minutes ago, shade said:

dunno mate, the stream I was watching was saying how poor we were for a premier League team, less so in the second half but still hammering home how uncreative we were, they were also horrified with how poorly we saw out the game. I personally thought we were the dictionary definition of meh.

Och watched the match and it wasn’t the most entertaining but I never felt worried and could only ever see one winner. Then I looked at match stats and we were dominant in every department then the bbc write up said we were deserved winners. As I say not exactly riveting but a professional  win over a team unbeaten in something like 13 games so a definite potential banana skin. Then I come on here and read some of the most ott posts I’ve ever read and thought maybe I’d seen a different game. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2

Guest An Sionnach
18 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Och watched the match and it wasn’t the most entertaining but I never felt worried and could only ever see one winner. Then I looked at match stats and we were dominant in every department then the bbc write up said we were deserved winners. As I say not exactly riveting but a professional  win over a team unbeaten in something like 13 games so a definite potential banana skin. Then I come on here and read some of the most ott posts I’ve ever read and thought maybe I’d seen a different game. X 

A deserved win certainly , we were better for sure, the frustration at the moment is the inability to score when we are obviously the superior team. Our reliance on our world class striker is glaringly obvious ( see also Tottenham).

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

A deserved win certainly , we were better for sure, the frustration at the moment is the inability to score when we are obviously the superior team. Our reliance on our world class striker is glaringly obvious ( see also Tottenham).

A completely valid concern and one no reasonable person could not listen to. My issue is with the “disgrace” “worse performance of the season” and so on drivel. It was a boring but efficient win and a dominant if dull performance. X

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Man city have a team full of them but they still only managed a 1-0 win. Playing teams like birmingham is always going to be hard because the aim is more to stop the other side than impose a style of play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

No.!!

.We are East-midlanders,its in our DNA to be grumpy,miserable sods,looking and finding fault with all Things that seem to be going well....

Even Babies cry more in our shire, Never Happy with the fking milk,and we are a Dairy county...

Jealous of neighbours,only abhor other potential title contenders, Love using ,shit,crap,useless,no good, and  opinions cussing  over anybody starting out in life.

Cant wait for somebody or others to fail....

Hates anything different,cock-Sure of themselves,they have no accent,only slang.

Aahh yes,all those Great things that make us ,sprinkled with contempious wry wit....Salt of the earth....

you cant encourage a fox to the cackling hens coup,he has to worry and annoy the barking hounds first,lead them merrily around the country,

Then that cunning fox ruffles those feathers in his own time...yapping with his Kind  together over,others running and sniffing in the dark corners

around in circles,Chasing their own tails....Forgetting sometimes they also get caught,

trying to be too clever,their own bushy tails Hanging high. & somewhat dry..:teehee:

Edited by fuchsntf

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

No.!!

.We are East-midlanders,its in our DNA to be grumpy,miserable sods,looking and finding fault with all Things that seem to be going well....

Even Babies cry more in our shire, Never Happy with the fking milk,and we are a Dairy county...

Jealous of neighbours,only abhor other potential title contenders, Love using ,shit,crap,useless,no good, and  opinions cussing  over anybody starting out in life.

Cant wait for somebody or others to fail....

Hates anything different,cock-Sure of themselves,they have no accent,only slang.

Aahh yes,all those Great things that make us ,sprinkled with contempious wry wit....Salt of the earth....

you cant encourage a fox to the cackling hens coup,he has to worry and annoy the barking hounds first,lead them merrily around the country,

Then that cunning fox ruffles those feathers in his own time...yapping with his Kind  together over,others running and sniffing in the dark corners

around in circles,Chasing their own tails....Forgetting sometimes they also get caught,

trying to be too clever,their own bushy tails Hanging high. & somewhat dry..:teehee:

Wowser. X 

Guest An Sionnach

Ah Leicester , this ancient city , far far older than johnny come latelys like Nottingham , Derby and Coventry in fact one of the oldest in Northern Europe. And yet we never seem to think enough of ourselves . We are the East Midland Giants these days and we should make sure others know it . Our football team is world famous and we should be proud of that . For me the mantra should be onwards and upwards for the city and the club.

9 hours ago, String fellow said:

One Birmingham City supporter who was interviewed by the BBC when leaving the KP Stadium said that we're not the third best team in the country. Tbh, it's difficult not to disagree with him right now. 

Well they're not even the third best team in Birmingham

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

yeah I don't disagree with that, polarisation seems rife in all aspects of life these days.

• Like 1

Glad we got the win. But that was a visit and a half. Came up with three friends to visit the university and our old house and haunts near Spinney Hill Park and I got us tickets for the game. 😉 Get to the KP, I give out the tickets at random and three out of four work at the turnstile.  My mate, whose ticket doesn't work for some reason, is told to go to the ticket office to sort but as we sit down, he does not turn up and does not answer out texts or calls as the first half is on. Then at half time, a text saying he is in the Blues bar! He went back to sort his ticket, they asked for ID, so he showed his driving licence which has his Birmingham address and so they refused to let him in. We left at half time to join him. So missed the win and the goal! 😂🙄 Come on my own next time. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Pirlo and Xavi were very different players , Pirlo was a master of the long ball , a superior Beckham while Xavi had the genius of Iniesta and Messi to interact with . Sadly we are not AC Milan or Barcelona of ten or fifteen years ago. I sometimes wonder what is expected of our players , Rodgers is too fond of trying to imitate somebody else's method instead of playing to our strengths

.. really can't agree with that!! 

We were excellent in the first half of the season, therefore his policy worked. So what's the difference between now and earlier in the season, my conclusion is that the goals set before the start of the season has changed and Rodgers has lost cred ability with the players. 

Now obviously I am speculating and I can not prove either way, that, that is the case but we have seen this scenario play out before and at the root of all this was the players belief in the manager. 

I believe Rodgers to be disingenuos, the big worry for me was his ability to connect with players and then only to find out it was all blarney. This was my biggest worry with him, he never knows when he has something good, he is always looking around for another shiny trinket.