Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-0 Birmingham - Post-Match Thread

6 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Cant believe im reading this!

Whilst nobody covered themselves in glory, chilwell was without doubt one of our better players. 

Gray was poor, albrighton was poor for 2/3rds of the game, Ricardo had his worst game first half etc etc.

Chilwell got forward well and it was ultimately his run that got us the goal. 

I've been the first to say he's been poor of late but to criticise last night was harsh when there was far other poor performances 

And to be fair to him, he put a good tackle in when they were bearing at goal in the second half. I still wouldn't rate his performance as good, but better than other games. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, urban fox said:

will be breaking the habit of a lifetime but..........come on the sheep.  If Derby win, then we get winner of that in semi you might just start to think that our name might just be on it this year.

That's what I thought when villa beat liverpool in the league cup... 😶

This forum is like the Daz n Persil adverts....(now,whiter than white over years)

Posters claiming,everyother game..."thats the worse game I have ever seen".....several times a season,then carries on the Next season...etc,etc...:worship:..:giggle:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Second half decent

They had hardly a shot on goal second half

clean sheet

Win, next round beckons

I see shit Norwich did it again

Praet gets better by the game

Wilf excellent

the rotation of the defensive miss, Wilf, to Praet to Hamza during the game offers options

Birmingham no mugs, great fans

ffs stop moaning Semi final of Cc,Quarters FA, 3rd in league. We really are crap.

🙄🙄🙄

More tinter rubbish.

7 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Feels like we're overthinking stuff at times.

I get that impression too. Like we only want to score if the build up includes clever little passes, interchanges and flicks on the edge of the 6 yard box. When defences are massed and deep, you're making life difficult for yourself.  There's nothing wrong with a well struck, from distance wellie. In fact, it's the sort of thing that (almost) makes me chuckle when it happens; it's a 'suck on that' for the tippy-tappy notion of 'good football'. I love it (absolutely LUV'IT) when it happens to Man City. Sod the 35 pass build up, just thump it - they both count just the same.

Have you noticed Ndidi doesn't even have a pop these days? That was once something I looked forward to as part of my match day entertainment (Hmmm, I wonder if I've answered my own question)

7 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

It may be time to try Praet and Tielemans as a pair, with Maddison on the bench.  He looks totally lost and you can't (I mean, I wouldn't think) possibly bench Praet at this point.

Last night we got better when Praet dropped into Ndidi’s role after Tielemans came on, he doesn’t offer enough in attack to play as a 10. I read that Praet is consistent and that’s mainly because apart from the odd shift out of trouble that looks good he mostly plays safe and at his own pace.

When our wingers are struggling so much to affect a game you’ve got to have more creativity in the middle else we look toothless as we have recently.

• Like 1

Not the best game to watch, the first 45 wasnt a half of football many of us are going to remember but you can tell uncle brendan got into them at half time as the 2nd half was all us, aside from that late chance they had to score at the end, was worried when evans went down first half but glad he recovered and saw the game out, game of 2 halves for albrighton, first half felt he was attrocious, 2nd half much much better, felt chilwell wasnt too bad, definetely a confidence player and after a while looked alot more like he believed he could take his man on and beat them, feel thats it for gray now, i was sure albrighton would be taken off for barnes so when i saw the board go up for dimi i had a feeling that was his last chance, nacho had a decent game, good hold up play and took his change really well for the dissallowed goal, for me praet stood out a mile last night, best player on the pitch by a mile, so calm and composed, always looking to get on the ball, hes one of the first on the team sheet for me at the minute, job done in the end in what was a frustrating watch, hopefully the result gives the lads some confidence ahead of a huge game on monday 

• Like 2

Difference for me is we seem to lose every 50/50 ball in the middle of the park at the minute. You almost get the feeling or anticipate they are going to score because of the mistakes we stack up during in one move alone. Ricardo for as good as he is, he's got a habit of over committing and completely running past the ball, did it twice in the last 5 minutes yesterday!

I missed the first ten minutes of the game ..... good job we were playing a team that was toothless ....granted they had confidence of a long unbeaten run but if they were decent up top then we could well have suffered in that first period 

second half we upped the tempo and that made the difference as they tired ......

Limped through to the quarters. We need to improve a lot. When we get it into their half we’re a damp squid. If Telemans, Ndidi and Maddison aren’t all performing it’s a dull, dull 90 minutes of my life, with the only injection of life a Ricardo or Barnes run.

3 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Limped through to the quarters. We need to improve a lot. When we get it into their half we’re a damp squid. If Telemans, Ndidi and Maddison aren’t all performing it’s a dull, dull 90 minutes of my life, with the only injection of life a Ricardo or Barnes run.

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mark said:

Last night we got better when Praet dropped into Ndidi’s role after Tielemans came on, he doesn’t offer enough in attack to play as a 10. I read that Praet is consistent and that’s mainly because apart from the odd shift out of trouble that looks good he mostly plays safe and at his own pace.

When our wingers are struggling so much to affect a game you’ve got to have more creativity in the middle else we look toothless as we have recently.

I like Praet, I think he's never going to create as much as Maddison or an on form Tielemans but I like his overall contribution and he is a contributor in starting attacks but right now with Maddison looking devoid of confidence or dare I say it motivation and Tielemans having a much harder 2nd season it's evident that Praet isn't going to be breaking the lines that much and scoring us goals. Ironically though he has either found openings or nearly got openings in recent games whilst Maddison and Youri seldome even get near the oppositions 18 yard box at the minute.

I think Praet is the least of our problems right now, but whilst he is playing and the other two continue to be off form then we really rely on our full backs and wingers to be opening teams up and we all know that bar Ricardo the rest is a lottery in what we're going to get. It's why I think (I have changed my mind as I was against this a month ago) we have to try and force a momentum shift and go 3-4-1-2 with Iheanacho and Vardy in attack and try and play a bit quicker and more direct. Teams are too used to us and know we have started to doubt ourselves.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It was one of the worst performances I've seen from him and there's been some horror shows over the years. Not once did he take the ball and either beat a man or keep hold of it to bring others in. He just ran it in to the opposition and completely lost all initiave. He has never been particularly skillful to take players on but I struggle to see what the point of him is as he cannot keep hold of the ball to build attacks for us.

You obviously missed the cross that Ricardo scored from!

We always look so exposed when teams catch us on the break. I suppose we have to commit players forward when teams are sitting back but i dont half worry when teams break on us now.

We seriously need a good winger DESPERATELY. Maddison gets marked out of the games and we dont have good players on the wings to alleviate some of the pressure off him. At times we play like Arsenal trying to dribble the ball in. Wish our players would shoot more. 

Doesn't feel me with confidence... hope we invest in the summer.