Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-0 Birmingham - Post-Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Yer very funny. :nigel:

Don't understand why people are incapable of giving a player credit where it is due. It is like it is against some FT rules to support certain players.

We should all be supporting the whole squad. Especially if said player has done us favour in a game where we really needed a special ball whipped in to break down their two banks of four. Albrighton played 3 of those balls, not one other player on the pitch played one. 

The right hand side looked stronger tonight than it has for weeks. It certainly looked better than the left, even after Barnes came one. 

Look back, you are lol  

Credit where credits due yeah, but Albrighton was crap tonight, whether you like it or not. 

1 hour ago, BigWesMorgan said:

What I thinks going wrong at the minute. In my own personal view. And yes I will slate some players in this post just to disclaim because some people on here act like they’re defending their child from criticism.

It’s hard to judge against a team like Birmingham because obviously they played pretty much the 90 minutes with 8 deep players and we simply didn’t have enough quality on the pitch to find that clinical edge.

Partially and equally,

-Maddison hasn’t been good with his playmaking and some of his decision making has been poor. He’s either dropping too deep and overtaking ndidi’s job at time I feel. Or going out wide and trying to play some Barcelona stuff with Chilwell who just isn’t on the same wavelength. 

-This leaves a huge hole in the ‘Number 10’ and like in that game there’s no one to drop in there.

-Chilwell although he does get into some good positions attacking wise, still can’t pick out a sensible pass or cross 9/10 times.

-As a team attacking we’re just not looking for that killer pass and move often enough and of course they could of been told to play like that.

-Collectively as a lot of people will know we’re passing back A LOT and often it’s passes into players that put them under a great deal of pressure.

-Too much responsibility left to the single striker with a real lack of service through the middle and often poor decision making out wide.

Lastly, were the  commentators playing a drinking game to tick off every cliche in the book? 

Leave my children alone you horrible man 😉

meJngl9S2YM8g.gif

Biggest concern with our current form and the formation is that Vardy or Iheanacho when up front on their own are having minimal chances created for them or by themselves. We simply have to find another answer, we looked a bit better in that regard when they both played vs Man City and I think we have to do the same vs Villa on Monday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Bert said:

You’re so confused you’re quoting yourself asking yourself questions. 

Albrighton was crap tonight. One swallow doesn’t make a summer. One assist wow. There’s a reason why he’s a squad player now and rarely features. We’ve done pretty fine with Perez for 3/4 of the season. Albrighton’s biggest asset is whipping balls in the box. A lot of the time they’re so deep they go out for a throw in. Very rare he hits the man. Doesn’t help that we don’t commit men in the box when we have the ball out wide, but still. 

:nigel:I'm assuming you are referring to my two separate posts that are clearly seperated by the forum styling? I've not used the quote button to quote myself in any of my posts. 

The second post was a reply to another poster, for which I had forgotten to quote their comment. 

Not that there is really any need for such petty mindedness just because I disagree with you about something. 

One up front marked by 3 big men, little wonder the wide men couldn't find him with their crosses.

Ricardo's goal was the one time one of our players beat his man to attack a cross.

Front man too isolated.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Biggest concern with our current form and the formation is that Vardy or Iheanacho when up front on their own are having minimal chances created for them or by themselves. We simply have to find another answer, we looked a bit better in that regard when they both played vs Man City and I think we have to do the same vs Villa on Monday.

And when they go searching for the ball their defenders literally have fvck all to do because we've had to come further away with the ball from their box.

I'd much rather in any situation they stay on the last man and occupy the defenders, even if it's down the channels. Coming deep just fills up space for the midfielders meaning they go elsewhere and when they have the ball, who do they pass to if Vardy/Iheanacho is beside them or 5 yards away?

I would love if they both played together more regularly. 

• Like 1

All’s well that ends well, but another dull, unimaginative performance - especially in the first half, which was turgid beyond belief.

Tielemans and Barnes added a much needed spark, but Wilf was worryingly bad - he’s not fully fit, is he? - and the two wingers were garbage again. I know Albrighton crossed for the goal (a great header from Ricardo) but the rest of his performance was almost as bad as Gray’s, which was hideous. At least Chilwell played better, but he could hardly play any worse than he did at Norwich.

Fortunately Birmingham were not up to much, but Villa will be better and so must we be if those crucial three points are to come our way. Let’s hope that goal and win relieves some of the pressure and lifts the team’s confidence, because sadly we are a million miles away from the exciting team of the autumn.

• Like 1

Second half decent

They had hardly a shot on goal second half

clean sheet

Win, next round beckons

I see shit Norwich did it again

Praet gets better by the game

Wilf excellent

the rotation of the defensive miss, Wilf, to Praet to Hamza during the game offers options

Birmingham no mugs, great fans

ffs stop moaning Semi final of Cc,Quarters FA, 3rd in league. We really are crap.

• Like 4

Only third game of the season for me but the atmosphere seems severely slack. 

Marc Albrighton is definitely a squad playing but boy can he deliver a cross. 

Grey needs selling 

We are turning into Wengers Arsenal, Pass pass pass with so predictability and almost trying to walk the ball into the net. 

Not sure how we are still third. 

Always forget how well the groundsman do the pitch was perfect. 

Praet was decent 

Edited by Mullet1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've had a brief moan about today's performance so I'm no exception to criticising the team, but equally, a bit of perspective is still needed. As this may have been turgid at best, we still beat what was in front of us.

We have reached the quarter-finals of the FA Cup, the semi-finals of the Carabao Cup and, despite our stinker of a run, still third in the Premier League. All things considered, it can be considered an excellent season from an outsiders perspective, and could be even better if and when we turn that corner and improve our current form.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

Praet looking like our best midfielder at the moment 

He is a good allrounder, good skills with an eye for a pass, very mobile and he is not afraid to get stuck in.  he is also very consistent, and I think he will get better. Quality player

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Think Praet is bang average, keeps things ticking over but really don't get what people see in him? Annoys me how he always has to cut back onto his right foot when out wide left too.

What a weird thing to get annoyed by. 

What's wrong with that? So he wants to play with his stronger foot. No issue. 

Like Albrighton having to cut in on his right when playing on the left... 

Sometimes Brendan/Kasper.....you don't have to play from the back.

Sometimes it's o.k. to play 4-4-2.

Sometimes (LCFC players), you CAN take shots outside of the box. You remember those ?? A few were scored from them after all........!

Sometimes it's good to pass and still keep running into a new attacking position.....remember those LCFC ?

Will be a half-way miracle if we see Champions league at this rate AND THAT'S AFTER A WIN !!!

• Like 2

Has it been said...

....we were appalling for much of the match 

Demari was given the chance and he failed the test, hopefully for the last time.

chilly right foot shot over the bar, when will he practice the game with his fight foot

Nacho had his good moments but he often got the ball with his back to the goal 

no one except Ricardo wold run at them with any real effect, several can run at the opposition to no effect.

Evans  and Praet played well

Brendan still has work to do before the Villa game or we will be found out for a change

45 minutes ago, Mullet1 said:

We are turning into Wengers Arsenal, Pass pass pass with so predictability and almost trying to walk the ball into the net. 

5 minutes ago, easilee said:

Sometimes Brendan/Kasper.....you don't have to play from the back.

Sometimes it's o.k. to play 4-4-2.

Sometimes (LCFC players), you CAN take shots outside of the box. You remember those ?? A few were scored from them after all........!

Sometimes it's good to pass and still keep running into a new attacking position.....remember those LCFC ?

Will be a half-way miracle if we see Champions league at this rate AND THAT'S AFTER A WIN !!!

:appl:

Be nice if we mixed it up a bit more rather than the Puelesque pass pass sideways pass pass pass backwards pass pass.

Admittedly if we have possession the opposition can't score but a quick ball forward sometimes, put the opposition on the back foot etc, isn't a bad option.

Feels like we're overthinking stuff at times.

• Like 2