Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

3rd in Premier League and a Quarter Final home tie in FA Cup

I'd rather have gone out in the first League Cup game than what actually happened to be honest.

Dress it up all you like but if we bottle the top 4 this is a disastrous season whatever else happens, bar maybe coming 5th with Man City's ban being upheld for next season and also winning the FA Cup.

• Haha 1

At the start of the season, I wanted 7th place and a decent cup run so we are certainly over achieving my ambitions back then but there is no getting away from it, from the position that we were in just before christmas, with a 10 point lead on 4th and a 14 point lead on 5th, our current form and where we find ourselves is disappointing. Not to mention going out in the semis to villa. 

Its been a good season so far and a lot would've taken it at the start of the year. However, success brings expectations. We have given ourselves such a gap from fifth (or we did give ourselves), that not making the top four due to lacklustre performances will make this a disappointing season. A lot to play for. 

Yes we have struggled recently but overall it has been a good season, we still need to keep it going, securing Champions League football and doing our best in the F.A cup. what we have achieved so far will mean nothing if we fail to get top four.

49 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I'd rather have gone out in the first League Cup game than what actually happened to be honest.

Dress it up all you like but if we bottle the top 4 this is a disastrous season whatever else happens, bar maybe coming 5th with Man City's ban being upheld for next season and also winning the FA Cup.

Absolute nonsense as usual. 'Disastrous season' lol

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

From the position we were in failing to finish in the top 4 would be a disaster, plain and simple.

So what you're saying is we had a great first half of the season and rubbish 2nd (if we drop out). 

If we finish 6/7 I wouldn't call that a decent season. 

But if you're saying we have had a disastrous 2nd half (up till now) others would agree I'm sure, but not a disastrous season. 

4 minutes ago, browniefox said:

So what you're saying is we had a great first half of the season and rubbish 2nd (if we drop out). 

If we finish 6/7 I wouldn't call that a decent season. 

But if you're saying we have had a disastrous 2nd half (up till now) others would agree I'm sure, but not a disastrous season. 

No I'm saying that we had a great first half of the season, but if we do not finish in the top 4 having been 15 points clear in January, dont qualify for the Champions League and dont win anything else, overall that has to go down as a disaster.

2 hours ago, ealingfox said:

From the position we were in failing to finish in the top 4 would be a disaster, plain and simple.

It would be a disaster. That doesn’t make finishing 5th when you expected 7th pre season a disastrous season as a whole though. It would be a successful season with a bitter end.

3 hours ago, Stadt said:

"a good cup run", there was nothing good about that run coming to an end at Villa Park

Are all your vessels half empty...!!!

I reckon,you  Drive in then straight out, Park n Drive lots,just to Show the poor pundits, you are driving Off alone..!lol

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

No I'm saying that we had a great first half of the season, but if we do not finish in the top 4 having been 15 points clear in January, dont qualify for the Champions League and dont win anything else, overall that has to go down as a disaster.

Sorry but that's rubbish, a disastrous season would have us bottom half and really struggling, spending 3/4 of a season in the top 4 and dropping out at the end, would mean we've had a disastrous end to the season, not a disastrous season. 6/7 is what at the start of season we were calling as a target, so to hit our target would mean overall we have had a decent season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Sorry but that's rubbish, a disastrous season would have us bottom half and really struggling, spending 3/4 of a season in the top 4 and dropping out at the end, would mean we've had a disastrous end to the season, not a disastrous season. 6/7 is what at the start of season we were calling as a target, so to hit our target would mean overall we have had a decent season. 

Only if the target had not changed midseason, which it undeniably has.

After,the Great escape..Then the title....

Time to go back to our DNA of old...

We grab defeat out of the jaws of victory.

Thats the panic mentality of this forum...lets all Chase ourselves down the dry well,after  circling the Oases..