Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

3rd in Premier League and a Quarter Final home tie in FA Cup

22 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Are all your vessels half empty...!!!

I reckon,you  Drive in then straight out, Park n Drive lots,just to Show the poor pundits, you are driving Off alone..!lol

what lol 

3 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Only if the target had not changed midseason, which it undeniably has.

It's only been changed by you to suit your doom and gloom agenda.

If the first half was massively over achieving and the second half is under achieving then a balance should be met surely?

Obviously that won't suit your agenda nor by the sounds of it would an upturn in results securing a CL place.

30 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

It's only been changed by you to suit your doom and gloom agenda.

If the first half was massively over achieving and the second half is under achieving then a balance should be met surely?

Obviously that won't suit your agenda nor by the sounds of it would an upturn in results securing a CL place.

My agenda ffs what are you on about?

Are you saying 15 points clear of 5th in January I'm the only one who harboured a target of finishing in the top 4? Have a day off pal.

Edited by ealingfox

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

My agenda ffs what are you on about?

Are you saying 15 points clear of 5th in January I'm the only one who harboured a target of finishing in the top 4? Have a day off pal.

Incredulous, I would suggest you would benefit from taking your own advice.

FWIW I still believe we will finish top 4 not just harbouring the possibility.

I feel like a certain percentage of Leicester supporters have been conditioned to perceive the season in the context of a title run or relegation battle, and they are uncomfortable viewing any season in any other lens. 

This season is either a massive success or an unmitigated disaster. Chilwell is either Englands best left back or worse than Christian Fuchs. 

Granted the internet does not lens itself well to nuanced positions, and this is Leicester City we are taking about lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

I go back and forth on this. Yes, it would be disappointing to finish 5th, 6th, 7th after being as high as 2nd.

But will that stop us getting excited come August?

Sadly yes if there aren't major additions

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

I go back and forth on this. Yes, it would be disappointing to finish 5th, 6th, 7th after being as high as 2nd.

But will that stop us getting excited come August?

I suspect most would still be excited even if we were starting the season in Division One! lol

However, any excitement would be considerably tempered if we do not make it to the Champions League or to Europe at all because we would be more likely to lose one or two of our best players in those circumstances (and would likely be unable to attract our most desired transfers), when we should ideally be building on this solid squad of players.. 

58 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

The alarm bells are ringing because the standard of football has decreased so much, not because we arent in a good position. Theres not a fan out there upset with where we are sat, just people worried that we are on a downward slide. 

I reckon,its time to call.....

with the the whole City in panic & melt down....

ghostbusters-2016-logo.jpg

Edited by fuchsntf

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Very big IF though, you’re talking like it’s happened already. X 

Yes that is fair, we still have something of a cushion and it is not impossible that we turn this around. But considering the games we left, I fear the damage may have already been done.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I reckon,its time to call.....

with the the whole City in panic & melt down....

ghostbusters-2016-logo.jpg

Image result for Netbusters
Netbusters!

Hey there's something strange
down Filbert Way
Who you gonna call?
Netbusters!

Games have been bore
Cause we can't score
Who you gonna call?
Netbusters!

Well something like that.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Detroit Blues said:

I feel like a certain percentage of Leicester supporters have been conditioned to perceive the season in the context of a title run or relegation battle, and they are uncomfortable viewing any season in any other lens. 

This season is either a massive success or an unmitigated disaster. Chilwell is either Englands best left back or worse than Christian Fuchs. 

Granted the internet does not lens itself well to nuanced positions, and this is Leicester City we are taking about lol

There is something in the DNA of most football fans, regardless of club, who see everything as either f***ing amazing or f****ing abysmal. 

Nuanced, balanced debate, looking at things in context and with any perspective, is not something many of us seem to have these days.

Yes, we're going through one-point-per-game plodding-football gloom right now - and it *might* be the start of a longer, more horrible malaise - but IMHO it's still a bit too early for the wrist-slashing misery given league position, cup runs etc plus the other stuff which is hugely positive with the club right now (great owners, new training ground, stadium expansion, high value of squad etc)

I'm happy we're 3rd, I'm happy we got as far as we did in the League Cup - Although not happy about going out, how we went out and who went out to, I'm happy with our progress in the FA Cup.

However, I'm not happy with this passive, slow, boring, negative, one dimensional style and it's not a problem exclusive to Leicester City, it's a problem with many teams, it's a problem within the game, I don't get the obsession with it, as i've said it's boring and negative as far as i'm concerned and i'm worried i'm losing interest in the game which is the most annoying part of it all.

Earlier in the season we were playing ok, although not fantastically imo but getting results, I remember making the point several times but claiming 'it was a sign of a good team' and hoped it could improve, we havn't though, it's got worse, it's got slower, more passive, boring, sideways, backwards and negative.

Currently it's not much better, if any (The style of play) than it was under Puel.

The claims were that we'd been 'found out' playing in our old style, there were calls to progress into this passing side, we've been doing this for 2 years now? Probably more, it's never really been very pretty, exciting or easy to watch, how long before we bin this off or atleast certainly mix it up abit, play in several styles, change from game to game or even during games, we're currently so so predictable.

You can be happy with our situation but at the same time have concerns, issues, even frustrations with things.

Edited by Matt

2 hours ago, majaco said:

Of course it was a good cup run.  With your level of negativity, you should be a poster on Foxes talk.

Yeah it was but what's the point in a good cup run if you don't win it? You don't stop 75% of the way through a wank

Brendan said on RL last night that if this season had gone any other way e.g. we were inconsistent all the way through the season, then everyone would be saying look how magnificent it's been.

No side that wins 8 in a row (with obvious flaws like our team has) was going to keep that up all season. We have a group of young players that will inevitably produce streaky patches of form and rubbish results to match.

If we beat Chelsea and finish the job in the PL then we're in the best 4 sides in the country in all three competitions, had at least one trip to Wembley, two long cup runs, and crucially got Champions League football which will be massive for revenues, keeping hold of our top players, and quite crucially it's what we all crave after some of the best days and nights of our lives three years ago.

No side as technically good as ours has a run of rubbish form that lasts 20 games. We are due a big upturn in results and I am almost certain we will get one in the next couple of months.

Guest Harrydc

People expect to win too much these days and I think that pressure is rubbbing off on the team. 

Although I don't understand why that makes Chilwell constantly run backwards with the ball 

Edited by Harrydc

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

There is something in the DNA of most football fans, regardless of club, who see everything as either f***ing amazing or f****ing abysmal. 

Nuanced, balanced debate, looking at things in context and with any perspective, is not something many of us seem to have these days.

Yes, we're going through one-point-per-game plodding-football gloom right now - and it *might* be the start of a longer, more horrible malaise - but IMHO it's still a bit too early for the wrist-slashing misery given league position, cup runs etc plus the other stuff which is hugely positive with the club right now (great owners, new training ground, stadium expansion, high value of squad etc)

Its the lows that make the highs so awesome. Welcome to the world of the manic depressive. Contrast is King. 🦄🦊🐶