Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
broughtonblue

Fuchs

3 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

This confirmed?

He was supposed to go to New York at the end of his initial 3 year deal in 2018 lol

Its probably a case of none of the 3 MLS teams in the area his family are in are actually interested in signing him so he's just decided to stay where he is wanted

• Like 1

Talks were ongoing and if this is confirmed its great news. Not many in his position would be content to be back up, but he knows he is valued. Just knowing that you are held in high esteem makes a huge difference in this respect and i am sure that his experience is invaluable in helping to improve the likes of Chilwell and JJ.  We need the likes of Christian at the club. What he may have lost in pace he has more than made up for in experience and his reading of the game and positional sense etc

47 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Its probably a case of none of the 3 MLS teams in the area his family are in are actually interested in signing him so he's just decided to stay where he is wanted

He wants to be an NFL kicker when he moves to New York. He won't be in the MLS, but if he was, he'd walk into just about any team.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

He wants to be an NFL kicker when he moves to New York. He won't be in the MLS, but if he was, he'd walk into just about any team.

I agree. But I don't think there's any chance of him becoming an NFL kicker. If he wants to continue his sporting career in the States it will have to be as an MLS player.

He would absolutely walk into any MLS team, but if none of them want or need him right now then he has to look at other options, and as it stands, it seems we are the option that best suits his needs

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

he's now been passed by Justin as a left back too, unless we are playing in a back 3 I don't see the point in this as I assume we're signing another left back in the summer

He'll have valuable previous CL experience. Plus, I'm not sure if we'll sign another LB, especially if Chilwell stays. Fuchs, Chilwell and Justin would be more than enough cover.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he's now been passed by Justin as a left back too, unless we are playing in a back 3 I don't see the point in this as I assume we're signing another left back in the summer

Because he's cheap cover, and probably offers a lot off the pitch in terms of leadership, experience.

• Like 3

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Because he's cheap cover, and probably offers a lot off the pitch in terms of leadership, experience.

I get that but we already have too many players for the 25 man squad, and we will be signing more

2 hours ago, broughtonblue said:

Fuchs has signed a 12 month extension, good move as still a very capable defender and good bloke to have around the dressing room 

May well happen at some point but people tell me they haven't even started conversations about a new deal yet...

16 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

May well happen at some point but people tell me they haven't even started conversations about a new deal yet...

Fits with what I was told. Press seem full of stories. But I was told Brendan had said pre Christmas, no contract talks until the end of the season, as they had achieved nothing yet.

Edited by Bayfox