Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
demon_dog

Kit Sales

I note that in one of today’s daily papers that nearly all Premier League clubs are selling the replica kits at massively reduced rates. Everton for instance are selling their shirt for a whopping 70% discount. Only Leicester and one other club are still charging full price . 

The question is if the club were to follow suit would you buy one?

6 minutes ago, demon_dog said:

I note that in one of today’s daily papers that nearly all Premier League clubs are selling the replica kits at massively reduced rates. Everton for instance are selling their shirt for a whopping 70% discount. Only Leicester and one other club are still charging full price . 

Always used to buy shirts religiously every year however I've not had a shirt our Champions League campaign. 

Very rarely wear them outside the house so probably not. 

7 minutes ago, demon_dog said:

Yes....They could do say a 50 percent discount(so an adult shirt would be 27.50 .......but if you get it at this price you have to contribute a tenner to the NHS via the shop.I'd pay 37 quid...but not 55!

I'm sure they're normally massively discounted by this point anyway. They're still at full price just like a lot of other online retailers hoping to take advantage of the country's collective boredom and hope we buy overpriced stuff just for something to do.

Unfortunately I'm a complete idiot and I buy them at the start of every season.

I don't get to many games so sitting in a the latest City shirt watching us on TV has become somewhat of a ritual.

Older ones I just use as loungewear.

My 96-97 home shirt my family use as a tent when camping most summers.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Effectively if we qualify for Champions League then I think they will get a good sell through on this seasons kits. I thought JD would have cleared out of their stock of Leicester shirts with the current restrictions affecting their warehouse space but they seem to be holding off as well. Wait for the football to start back up and take sales because everyone is happy its back and has some excess cash. If it gets played behind closed doors and demand waivers, then they can sell of at discount then.

12 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Anybody know where I could find the pink away shirt? Can’t see it online anywhere.

Pretty sure sold out in adult sizes in the store/online. Try jcsports else there's some going on eBay but not sure if those are real.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jace said:

It always amazed me how Vichai and Top make their fortune in retail because ever since they bought the club they've been amazing in every area except for the retail side 

It's not as if they haven't pumped money into the new club shop but I'll get on to that in a moment....

I think the warehousing is a shambles behind the scenes - I received 2 right socks in a set recently and thought how can this happen? Are there humans actually bagging the socks? surely not! 

On another occasion I had some stuff sent out to my place of work and they'd left half the address off the label. The postman tracked me down like some sort of CSI detective in the end but it all seemed a bit tinpot. 

Ask people in the shop questions and no one really knows an answer as too many systems going on under one roof (merchandise, ticketing, shirt printing, collections) with queues crossing each other, no one knows if they're pushing in front of someone or should be waiting.