Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

29 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Not according to any of the sources I know.

I double checked. It's actually an average of 27 so I would check again. 

They have two players at 32, everyone else is under 30. 

Squad size, 22

Average age, 27.0

Foreign players, 17 (77.3%)

National players, 11

Source, Transfermarket.

Edited by Foxy_Bear
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Similarly, saying "Atalanta are there for the taking" is like saying we are there for the taking. There are a lot of parallels between the two clubs. On the up, well run, starting little forays into the champions league, good young squads....

Very few Serie A sides are ran well, woukd be astounded if they don't suffer from the pandemic which although is the same for all clubs the revenue the PL gets is obscene.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Very few Serie A sides are ran well, woukd be astounded if they don't suffer from the pandemic which although is the same for all clubs the revenue the PL gets is obscene.

You're probably right about the fallout of the pandemic but Atalanta are a club that usually do well in the transfermarket. They made a profit of nearly 50m this year alone. 

3 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

You're probably right about the fallout of the pandemic but Atalanta are a club that usually do well in the transfermarket. They made a profit of nearly 50m this year alone. 

They have a decent model of selling for profit which makes them ideal to pursue, they have an excellent track record of developing players. A great side to watch in the last few years.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Believe that atalantas champions league money has covered their full wages this year. Have very low wages compared to the other top 8 italian teams 

low wages = easier to attract too

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They have a decent model of selling for profit which makes them ideal to pursue, they have an excellent track record of developing players. A great side to watch in the last few years.

S'pose tou are right now that I think on ot more. Like you said, they are open to sell a d like someone else said, they have a low wage bill. Could be well worth a look if we get CL football, without it I dont see the players making the jump. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Yeah definitely, I'd imagine that is why we see castagne as a perfect player for us and also why he isn't signing a new contract. 

Their left back has had an obscene season too

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Similarly, saying "Atalanta are there for the taking" is like saying we are there for the taking. There are a lot of parallels between the two clubs. On the up, well run, starting little forays into the champions league, good young squads....

Atalanta’s wage bill is about the same as a bottom half championship club’s. I admire them but they don’t really have much in the way of resources. They’ve got some tidy players and Gasperini is brilliant  but I’m not really sure they could sustain losing a few whereas we’ve showed that even with mediocre managers and occasionally losing players, at worst we drop into mid table 

Edit: didn’t see this page of discussion that basically said all of that anyway lol 

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, FoxInFrance said:

We need a goal scorer who can play with Vardy as well instead of him as no top striker will sign for us to be second choice. Memphis Depay has a year left on his contract and Lyon won't be in Europe next season. 

Good shout that is. Always liked him. Wouldn’t  command too high a transfer fee with a year left on his contract.

8 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Bailey linked with Manchester City. Apparently they will be going all out for him. 

That's bizarre, they already have 3 left footed wingers and all 3 of them are absolutely mustard in terms of always making an impact even out of the cold. Leon Bailey has hit the buffers and needs to go to a club where he can be their star man and that club is Leicester City and not Manchester City, the shit houses.

• Like 3

Mario Gotze, is he washed up and finished at 27? Seems to have never hit the heights again really even though there have been brief flurries back at Dortmund. Not sure on his recent injury record but it's always fascinating how players so good at such a young age hit a downward spiral and struggle to recover. There are very rare occasions where they rebuild their careers, could Gotze do it and could we be the sort of club that would benefit from him?

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Think Chelsea may have a buy back clause but might be wrong - if so, and any Prem side is interested, they’ll probs sign him back then look to sell at a premium. 

They do, but apparently are not interested in buying him back. Although who knows anything these days.

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Mario Gotze, is he washed up and finished at 27? Seems to have never hit the heights again really even though there have been brief flurries back at Dortmund. Not sure on his recent injury record but it's always fascinating how players so good at such a young age hit a downward spiral and struggle to recover. There are very rare occasions where they rebuild their careers, could Gotze do it and could we be the sort of club that would benefit from him?

I've certainly been curious to see if we'd be linked.  Might be a good buy low candidate.

I want to be proven wrong that our strategy changed as soon as Rodgers and Congerton arrived. Perez, Praet, Bennett and Lallana shows we are looking more towards experienced players who are either at their peak or passed it, rather than talented young players who are only going to get better especially with the new training facilities.

3 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I want to be proven wrong that our strategy changed as soon as Rodgers and Congerton arrived. Perez, Praet, Bennett and Lallana shows we are looking more towards experienced players who are either at their peak or passed it, rather than talented young players who are only going to get better especially with the new training facilities.

The squad would only benefit from increased experience. Especially with players like Wes maybe hanging his boots and the likes of James, king etc all potentially leaving. Not a bad move getting some more experienced premiership level lads in. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Rodgers said only a few weeks ago that the majority of Leicester's future targets will be players who aren't at their peak (in reference to Coutinho) and which is backed up by the pursuit of Demiral and Tapsoba in January.

• Like 1