Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Let's say we only have £60-70m to spend by raising £15-25m in offloading fringe players like Gray, Amartey, Slimani and Silva

I'd target the French and Dutch leagues where ending their seasons early will have lead to bigger financial strains than elsewhere

Malang Sarr - free transfer can cover LCB and LB

Adil Aouchiche - free transfer and can be Maddison's understudy. Rodgers and Congerton have links to PSG young players from at Celtic.

Ibrahima Diallo - £20m DCM in the mould of Ndidi and we tried to sign him in January and an ideal replacement for Mendy

Calvin Stengs and Myron Boadu £45m double bid from AZ - Left footed right winger and a ruthless dynamic striker who both could be world class in a few years

If we sell Chilwell then we'd need a left back and there's probably no way we'd not look to bring in a very good CB but I do think Malang Sarr on a free should be pursued, we wanted him before so he must have been scouted.

I had no idea Sarr was on a bosman. Wasn't he very highly rated? Seems like a no brainer.

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I had no idea Sarr was on a bosman. Wasn't he very highly rated? Seems like a no brainer.

Yes hugely rated, it's by no means a guarantee that he'd be a success but he's purposely ran his contract down as he has stalled at Nice under Vieira.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Let's say we only have £60-70m to spend by raising £15-25m in offloading fringe players like Gray, Amartey, Slimani and Silva

I'd target the French and Dutch leagues where ending their seasons early will have lead to bigger financial strains than elsewhere

Adil Aouchiche - free transfer and can be Maddison's understudy. Rodgers and Congerton have links to PSG young players from at Celtic.

Ibrahima Diallo - £20m DCM in the mould of Ndidi and we tried to sign him in January and an ideal replacement for Mendy

Calvin Stengs and Myron Boadu £45m double bid from AZ - Left footed right winger and a ruthless dynamic striker who both could be world class in a few years

If we sell Chilwell then we'd need a left back and there's probably no way we'd not look to bring in a very good CB but I do think Malang Sarr on a free should be pursued, we wanted him before so he must have been scouted.

Some exciting names there, I just wonder if some of the Spanish clubs might be in for Stengs and Boadu

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Some exciting names there, I just wonder if some of the Spanish clubs might be in for Stengs and Boadu

Barcelona linked with both a while back, we have scouted AZ a fair bit this season as I think their other winger Idrissi is on our radar. He's arguably had a better season than Stengs but plays on the left wing which Barnes has made his own IMO.

• Like 1

If we end up with Lallana, Fraser, Ajer and Morelos it'll be as if we've learnt absolutely nothing from the summer of 2016's failure to capitalise on our position at football's top table (providing we qualify for the Champions League).

There's a case for Lallana at a push if his wages aren't sky high and his contract isn't too long - but the rest, categorically, don't improve us whatsoever.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

FFW reckon we'll be back in for Diallo, we seem keen and Brest have been quoted as wanting between €10-15 million, but Sevilla and Everton are sniffing too. 

Think we'd be able to fight off Everton unless they offer silly money. The Ancelotti factor might play a part but if Rudders turns up with another fat dossier we should be fine. CL football should be the clincher as well.

Sevilla might be tougher to fight off though. Consistent European pedigree and currently in the hunt for a CL place as well.

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

And then Ric turned the PlayStation off :P

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes hugely rated, it's by no means a guarantee that he'd be a success but he's purposely ran his contract down as he has stalled at Nice under Vieira.

Don't know if we can give him the time he needs for his development, but he would certainly replace Fuchs well.

Need to face the fact we are not spending £60/70m this window.

Unless we sell a top player then I think our spending will only be upto £20m max.

Maybe a little more if we offload the likes of Silva/Slim/Amarty ect.

Its going to be development squad players who we be mainly looking at and maybe 2/3 additions to the first team squad max.

It could well be an opportunity for some if our younger players to make the breakthrough next season especially if we qualify for Europe. 

KDH is the only one from the development team who has played any minutes this season and dont be surprised so see one or two more introduced fairly soon.

Dennis Gyamfi is my tip to come through if we can secure him on a new contract. 

• Like 2

On 01/06/2020 at 21:21, Foxy_Bear said:

Who we will probably end up with....

Ajer

Llalana

Frazer

Morelos

Morelos aside (more for his attitude than ability) that wouldn't be a terrible window. Still missing a top-draw winger/forward, but all very decent backups or rotation options.

Soyuncu/Evans are one of the best CB pairings in the league so Ajer would only be backup (alongside Bennett?), and he'd be more than capable of that. Keeping Benkovic instead could work, but its a 50/50 for me and wont make much difference either way.

Lallana would be a good option on a free and would add some experience to the midfield. If the CL goes ahead another option with experience could be very useful

Ryan Fraser is a very capable player and I get the impression he's a good lad so he'd fit in well here. 26 so a good age too. Not quite a marquee signing, but it wouldn't make us worse. He'd be an upgrade on Gray for sure, who incidentally they can take off our hands in return...

Two of those would be on frees anyway, and by making those 3 signings we would be able to replace players like Benkovic/Gray who we could get fees for (or a loan for FB). For a net spend of sub-£10m even with signing on fees I'd say that would be pretty solid. Then we'd have a decent stack of cash leftover to pursue one of the better options like those you listed.

That being said, if we left it at just those 3/4 then we'll have really missed an opportunity to make a statement and capitalise on having CL football.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Unless we sell a top player then I think our spending will only be upto £20m max.

Its going to be development squad players who we be mainly looking at and maybe 2/3 additions to the first team squad max.

It could well be an opportunity for some if our younger players to make the breakthrough next season especially if we qualify for Europe. 

KDH is the only one from the development team who has played any minutes this season and dont be surprised so see one or two more introduced fairly soon.

You read Tanners article this morning then in the Athletic about the 4 U23’s training with the first team?

Thomas, Hirst, Gyamfi and Daley Campbell....

Edited by Swan Lesta
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, themightyfin said:

So the same as the last few summers then? Our net spend is never more than that. I think that's sensible.

Sarr and Aouchiche on bosman's from Ligue 1 would be incredibly shrewd given the financial constraints.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

And then Ric turned the PlayStation off :P

Hahaha that was quite a reserved list mate, a few pages back I put together a bigger list of targets. I know my onions (highly debatable), that's all.

I do wonder if Jean Michaël Seri would be worth another chance in the Prem? Fulham will want shot of him when he returns from his loan in Turkey and if we get CL football he would be a useful squad player to replace Mendy who is almost certain to leave. Could lob them Amartey and a few quid in exchange? He was looking like a world beater before he joined Fulham.

Kurzawa

Sarr

Llalana

Frasier

All free transfers, would bump the wages up a bit but if we get rid of all the dead wood and fringe players..... it vastly improves the squad without making a huge differance to the starting 11 and maybe leaves us a bit of scope to go out and get one, maybe two quality players that improve the starting 11. 

• Like 3

I would think its almost a given that our squad size will stay the same if not get a little smaller even if we qualify for champions league. 

We are about to enter a global recession , many people will have or will loose their jobs over the coming weeks,months,years.

Desposible incomes spent at football matches will drop and sky TV subscriptions will be cancelled forcing SKY to renegotiate deals.

Businesses will close or struggle meaning less surpluses money around for sponsorship deals and less investment opportunities within football clubs.

If we are able to offliad any of Slim, Silva,Armarty,Gray ect and actually pick up a fee we would have done very well. There will be hundreds of players  from all over the world with a year left on their contracts who are not certain starting 11 players that clubs will be more than happy to even be able to loan out to get some wages off the books never mind getting a fee. 

Very few clubs will need to pay fees for those sort of players.

Its a supply and demand market and there will be loads of surplus players flying around as clubs desperately try and cut spending and wage levels. 

The model at every football club will change as investment in academies will be scarce but could be an opportunity for clubs like us to find future aces in the pack.

But those here thinking we are goung to be spending millions just because we may qualify for the Champions league i think are going to be very disappointed.  

Football is about to change. Not just here but all over the world. 

• Like 1

As said within the thread it's imperative that we capitalise on this window. Who knows when we'll next have the lure of the champions league to wave in front of potential signings. 

Currently you could argue we have a better starting 11, possibly squad, the 4 of the so-called 'big 6'. We don't want to let that fall away this window. 

Signings I want are:

Ugurcan Cakir - 24yo GK and imo one of the best young keepers around. If we don't sign him this window, another top Europe club will and then we'll never be able to land him. Difficult one because of Kasper but if your looking at the long term future of the club you'd have to push the button on it. 

Merih Demiral - 22yo old fashioned centre half. Knows Cags well from the national team and could form our defensive pairing for the foreseeable future. We've been linked with him before so I hope we follow it through. Rumours of Manure sniffing around so I'd like to move quick before we again miss the boat. Would take him all day long over Ajer.  May also help to keep Cags long term.

Final signing would be Emmanuel Dennis, 22yo forward. Capable of leading the line or or playing either side. And he is lighting quick and very direct! In terms of style of play, he has the most similarities to vardy to become his successor than any other players we've been linked with. Would much rather see him in the starting 11 over Perez. 

The 3 above won't be cheap but if we offload the fridge players to help financially, long term im sure it would pay dividends.