Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Mario Gotze, is he washed up and finished at 27? Seems to have never hit the heights again really even though there have been brief flurries back at Dortmund. Not sure on his recent injury record but it's always fascinating how players so good at such a young age hit a downward spiral and struggle to recover. There are very rare occasions where they rebuild their careers, could Gotze do it and could we be the sort of club that would benefit from him?

Other than when he was diagnosed with myopathy (disease that causes fatigure and weight gain) in February 2017 where he missed the rest of the season he has only really had a few knocks here and there, with his longest lay off being an ankle injury where he missed 6 games

He seems to have had a relatively uneventful season so far with 20 appearances, 4 goals and 1 assist in all competitions, and just 7 starts. And last season he played 34 games, 7 goals and 7 assists in all comps with 20 starts so its not like he has just been sat on the sidelines for ages

I imagine whoever makes a move for him will be making a deep dive into his myopathy issue, he is still managing to play regular football for Dortmund so it does seem it is not having as much of an impact on him as when initially diagnosed

Edited by moore_94

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Other than when he was diagnosed with myopathy (disease that causes fatigure and weight gain) in February 2017 where he missed the rest of the season he has only really had a few knocks here and there, with his longest lay off being an ankle injury where he missed 6 games

He seems to have had a relatively uneventful season so far with 20 appearances, 4 goals and 1 assist in all competitions, and just 7 starts. And last season he played 34 games, 7 goals and 7 assists in all comps with 20 starts so its not like he has just been sat on the sidelines for ages

I imagine whoever makes a move for him will be making a deep dive into his myopathy issue, he is still managing to play regular football for Dortmund so it does seem it is not having as much of an impact on him as when initially diagnosed

Yes, 2018/19 on the face of it looked a steady season but without knowing or following Dortmund that much it's hard to know what sort of nick he is in. But at his age with not a too bad a record injuries wise it seems not out of the realms of possibility that he could rediscover his form. He needs the right club though and going to a club and being a bit part player like re-joining Klopp would likely continue a path of mediocrity given his undoubted talent. The more I think of how dynamic a player he was 5-6 years ago the more I could absolutely see him revelling in a system like ours.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

That's bizarre, they already have 3 left footed wingers and all 3 of them are absolutely mustard in terms of always making an impact even out of the cold. Leon Bailey has hit the buffers and needs to go to a club where he can be their star man and that club is Leicester City and not Manchester City, the shit houses.

Mahrez is apparently trying to force a move to a club with European football. Begins with L. They also have a rugby team.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Gotze is ****ed now, got someone like Schalke written all over him 

Is he ****ed? The stats show a decent season in 2018/19 and then tailed off a bit in 2019/20 but still chipping in with a few goals here and there.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Is he ****ed? The stats show a decent season in 2018/19 and then tailed off a bit in 2019/20 but still chipping in with a few goals here and there.

He’s not nearly as athletic as you’d hope for mate, there’s a huge risk attached to signing him with his condition. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Mahrez is apparently trying to force a move to a club with European football. Begins with L. They also have a rugby team.

I would happily take him, don't care that he ditched us before. He is literally the exact kind of player we need right now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Mahrez is the missing puzzle piece to this side. He'd be brilliant in this team.

As much as half the forum will freak out at your suggestion, he really really is. This team plus Mahrez genuinely a top, top team. X 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he can do one!!!!!

I can easily see your point in this over how reacted and tried to leave. 

It is a tough one, but if we gets Champions League football, we can not deny Mahrez in this side in place of Perez will only make us a superior side and real chance of top 4 football again, even though Man Utd will spend lots again. 

He was our only outlet really so was always doubled up post title win. In this side teams can not do that as we will have Barnes / Maddison / Tielemans. Who are all capable of assisting and scoring. More to come from Youri next season I feel.. 

If he will be on a good Leicester wage like Vardy and not Man City ridiculous ones, he will be a superb player in this side. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Mahrez is the missing puzzle piece to this side. He'd be brilliant in this team.

Said this for ages. We have never tried to replace him and that frustrates me. 

13 minutes ago, Unique FC said:

I can easily see your point in this over how reacted and tried to leave. 

It is a tough one, but if we gets Champions League football, we can not deny Mahrez in this side in place of Perez will only make us a superior side and real chance of top 4 football again, even though Man Utd will spend lots again. 

He was our only outlet really so was always doubled up post title win. In this side teams can not do that as we will have Barnes / Maddison / Tielemans. Who are all capable of assisting and scoring. More to come from Youri next season I feel.. 

If he will be on a good Leicester wage like Vardy and not Man City ridiculous ones, he will be a superb player in this side. 

..what you are saying is like all of us have called for is a top class winger to take this team forward!!!

I would take Drinky back, take Kante back and even though he wasn't particular one of my favourite I would even have Maguire back in the team. Why would you want someone whose antics on and off the pitch showed such disdain for the club.

I am not that naive to believe, that players have an undying love for the team they are playing for, it's just that I do not, in all honesty wish to see him playing for us in any capacity, even in testimonials or in a charitable setting.

He has moved on from here, it's time we do the same!!

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..what you are saying is like all of us have called for is a top class winger to take this team forward!!!

I would take Drinky back, take Kante back and even though he wasn't particular one of my favourite I would even have Maguire back in the team. Why would you want someone whose antics on and off the pitch showed such disdain for the club.

I am not that naive to believe, that players have an undying love for the team they are playing for, it's just that I do not, in all honesty wish to see him playing for us in any capacity, even in testimonials or in a charitable setting.

He has moved on from here, it's time we do the same!!

All those left the club under better circumstances for sure. 

As horrible as the way he left the club is, he has won 2 league titles since, even though barely played this season.  I think as a player he would be the perfect option to improve us. If the players would have him back after he chose to leave, and the manner of the departure, its the type of player who can keep us challenging for European football. Ayoze Perez works very hard but his goals / assists are quite a long way below Mahrez double figures on each. His attitude was poor at the end, granted, but we got a decent fee learnt how to not let players go on the cheap so off the pitch we gained valuable lessons re Maguire and any future decent player who leaves us. But if he wanted to come back I would certainly  not hold it against him.

As you said at the end, all this talk could be pretty pointless as we might not even go for him in the first place. 

Ability wise you can't question Mahrez but he's disrespected the club a number of times  and for that reason it's a big no from me. There's plenty of quality alternatives out there who would jump at the chance to play for us 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Not an easy player to replace!

I like to think that we atleast TRIED to get Ziyech. He seems like the natural Mahrez replacement and for the price we got Perez and Ghezzal for.....