Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I like to think that we atleast TRIED to get Ziyech. He seems like the natural Mahrez replacement and for the price we got Perez and Ghezzal for..... 

Ziyech was very specific about the kind of club he wanted to go to. Said Sevilla who had CL was a sideways move. Doubt he would have been keen to come here.

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Ziyech was very specific about the kind of club he wanted to go to. Said Sevilla who had CL was a sideways move. Doubt he would have been keen to come here.

...rumoured to be going to Chelsea for next season!!!

£30m seems to be a steal, 27 years old in his prime, at one stage I would have thought his price would be in the £70m region. Not sure what has transpired to reduce his value but perhaps the ability to sell on after the end of a five year contract might be an issue.

40 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

£30m seems to be a steal, 27 years old in his prime, at one stage I would have thought his price would be in the £70m region. Not sure what has transpired to reduce his value but perhaps the ability to sell on after the end of a five year contract might be an issue.

Not a rumour. Its already agreed for next season

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, slymunn said:

Not a rumour. Its already agreed for next season

..Chelsea are amassing a young and exciting team with the balance of experience!!!!

To think we were worried that we would not be able to afford him in regards to his transfer fee and wages. He was never going to come here whatever the fee and we are losing out to the historical big teams.

Not sure Rodgers is going to provide the out and out winger we are all crying out for and the template of a versatile attacking midfielder is the direction he has taken and Perez will continue to occupy the right side of our attacking three.

We need that added spark in the team and it is pretty clear to see, Barnes improvement will be something we need, to overcome the lack of potency when Vardy is not getting the chances.

I always felt our Mahrez replacement was Maddison - obviously they don't play in the same position but I mean as the creativity in this side shifted to the midfield from out wide. It's true though however we haven't gotten close to replacing Mahrez in his actual position since he went. Ghezzal was out of his depth, Diabate wasn't good enough and Perez, I don't know, he just isn't anything like him, I see Perez as more stylistically like Okazaki than Mahrez and yet we play him wide.

It's a pointless argument really. Mahrez isn't coming back.

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

It's not a rumour unfortunately. I can only hope he doesn't prove the answer that Chelsea need, because if he is that makes things harder for us.

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

Guaranteed signings will be Ajer £26m Carvalho £14m and Lallana on a free! And two more I reckon

Solid but underwhelming is my immediate gut reaction 

6 hours ago, sdb said:

Solid but underwhelming is my immediate gut reaction 

Solid but underwhelming is probably better than what most teams will get after this season unfortunately. 

• Like 1

I know they've been mentioned before but Pléa and Thuram at Mönchengladbach both look really good. Either of those two would be a hell of a signing.

They combined for a tidy little goal a few minutes ago against Union Berlin as well.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I know they've been mentioned before but Pléa and Thuram at Mönchengladbach both look really good. Either of those two would be a hell of a signing.

They combined for a tidy little goal a few minutes ago against Union Berlin as well.

Would both fit in our side I wonder? They look an excellent partnership.

Pléa would be a great foil for Vardy, and Thuram out wide would be very welcome - strong, quick, skilful and an eye for a finish. Exactly what we need.

I very much doubt they'd be sold this summer though. Seem to be building their team around them.

Edited by CloudFox

8 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Would both fit in our side I wonder? They look an excellent partnership.

Pléa would be a great foil for Vardy, and Thuram out wide would be very welcome - strong, quick, skilful and an eye for a finish. Exactly what we need.

I very much doubt they'd be sold this summer though. Seem to be building their team around them.

I think they probably would. I'm not sure we'd be shelling out that much though.

Next season I'd like to see us saving Vardy for the big games, but also experiment with Iheanacho as a number 9 or Perez as a false 9 and then have Barnes or Djenepo/Thuram/A.N. Other in the wide positions.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I could understand a fee around £15 million, but when you consider we paid £19 million for Soyuncu, we’d be silly to pay that sort of money. I agree with what you say tho, if we get top 4 teams abroad will want us to pay inflated fees even more so. 

It's always a dangerous road to go down when you start comparing transfer fees. Man City paid how much for Stones, £40m or something and we paid £3m for Evan's...... There is no rhyme or reason to it sometimes. 

• Like 2

I know he has been mentioned a few times before, but Emi Buendia from Norwich would be a really good bit of business for us I believe. 

Been at quite a lot of Norwich games over the last few seasons and he is a class above the rest (even Cantwell) when on the ball. If (when) they go down we would hopefully be able to get at a decent price. 

11 minutes ago, Jackirius said:

I know he has been mentioned a few times before, but Emi Buendia from Norwich would be a really good bit of business for us I believe. 

Been at quite a lot of Norwich games over the last few seasons and he is a class above the rest (even Cantwell) when on the ball. If (when) they go down we would hopefully be able to get at a decent price. 

My only concern with him is a distinct lack of goals and he's not a winger so I don't see where he fits in. He is very good to watch though and someone of Rodgers capabilities as a coach may well add goals to his game. I think Cantwell would suit us better as he is more of a versatile forward.

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

My only concern with him is a distinct lack of goals and he's not a winger so I don't see where he fits in. He is very good to watch though and someone of Rodgers capabilities as a coach may well add goals to his game. I think Cantwell would suit us better as he is more of a versatile forward.

He would be a much better fit than Perez to play wide right for us in our 4-1-4-1 formation. The “right winger” in that formation isn’t really a winger because we want to give Pereira time and space to wreak havoc down the right. 

It is an inside forward role on that side which requires a number 10/winger hybrid but it doesn’t really suit Perez to play it. I personally think shifting Barnes from the left to the right and getting a new winger to play with Chilwell on the left hand side would be a better idea moving forwards.