Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

6 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

He would be a much better fit than Perez to play wide right for us in our 4-1-4-1 formation. The “right winger” in that formation isn’t really a winger because we want to give Pereira time and space to wreak havoc down the right. 

It is an inside forward role on that side which requires a number 10/winger hybrid but it doesn’t really suit Perez to play it. I personally think shifting Barnes from the left to the right and getting a new winger to play with Chilwell on the left hand side would be a better idea moving forwards. 

Yeah I've considered whether Barnes would have been better being deployed on the right but his involvement in 2020 from the left has been sublime and he really seems to have settled in now. I think we need a left footed right winger, whether that's an out and out winger or a versatile hard working player but either way I agree that right now Perez being there is possibly our weak link. I like Perez and it's hard to make a case for him to play anywhere but on the right in this system unless we go 3-4-1-2 and he is the 2nd player to play with Vardy but Iheanacho and Barnes are equally as deserving to do that.

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

My only concern with him is a distinct lack of goals and he's not a winger so I don't see where he fits in. He is very good to watch though and someone of Rodgers capabilities as a coach may well add goals to his game. I think Cantwell would suit us better as he is more of a versatile forward.

Yes true. I believe Cantwell would be a good acquisition. Both good prospects and have their prime ahead of them, maybe BR could help mould Buendia into that wide right player we need, he has certainly got the ability, if we could bring him in for a cut price then I reckon it would be worth a punt. 

• Like 1

For some reason it's quite an unpopular decision on here but I still reckon that Xherdan Shaqiri is still perfect for us out on the right hand side. 

Has skill, left footed, can score a goal, can keep hold of the ball, tracks back and can see a pass. I don't imagine he will cost too much (in today's market) and his career has stalled somewhat so he would have a point to prove and BR could help him do that. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

For some reason it's quite an unpopular decision on here but I still reckon that Xherdan Shaqiri is still perfect for us out on the right hand side. 

Has skill, left footed, can score a goal, can keep hold of the ball, tracks back and can see a pass. I don't imagine he will cost too much (in today's market) and his career has stalled somewhat so he would have a point to prove and BR could help him do that. 

...I suspect there is a prerequisite for a player whose temperament is aligned with our current squad!!!! 

A resounding no, from me,,,

31 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Yes yes, I was saying this when he went Liverpool and clearly Klopp only sees him as cover and he's far to good for that, I'd think he'd be perfect but I just get laughed at when I mention it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah I've considered whether Barnes would have been better being deployed on the right but his involvement in 2020 from the left has been sublime

That would be a bad move, as I remember saying before his form in 2020 ;) we've seen him at RM in a few games this season both coincidentally against Liverpool where he ended up being dragged at half time. He's played on the left 95% of his professional career, he may be right footed but that's his natural position like Mahrez's natural position is on the right despite being left footed. The only times he regularly started on the right was his first loan at MK Dons.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I wouldn't be against Shaqiri, but he's on a downward trajectory. Would be nice to have a left footed winger though.

He is but it could be argued that it's die to a lack of games...

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Another good player but another relative gamble. His work ethic and attitude has been really up and down throughout most of his career. I suspect he'd think he's too good for us now too, which is ridiculous. On his day a great shout though 

21 minutes ago, sdb said:

Another good player but another relative gamble. His work ethic and attitude has been really up and down throughout most of his career. I suspect he'd think he's too good for us now too, which is ridiculous. On his day a great shout though 

I mean..... folk on here have been crying out for a Mahrez replacement. If I didnt know better, your comment could have been about him....

I mean..... folk on here have been crying out for a Mahrez replacement. If I didnt know better, your comment could have been about him....

I'd take a gamble on Riyad Mahrez! 

2 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Good mates with Söyüncü, I'm sure he could have a word.

...we are all looking for this kind of player!!!

Right side of the attack, great feet, an absolute pain, as he is always asking questions and relentless. He bends it better than Mahrez, seems to have the same attributes as, you know what he wants to do, you know how he intends to finish but like Mahrez you can't stop him from doing it.

Him and someone who can lead in the middle of the park would be what we need for next season. We have the leaders in the wrong positions as Evans is unable to affect the middle of the park and Vardy is leading the line and his focus is where it should be. We need to alleviate the repeat of the run at Christmas and after and we need to shore up this weakness.

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Think about it though, he hasn’t ripped it up for Roma this season and I’d like to think our squad is probably better than theirs tbh. Clearly very talented but think he may be one that flatters to deceive. We should keep an eye but think there is probs a lot better out there. 

...he has never been a potent goal scorer throughout his career!!!

Surrounded by the people we have, he would greatly increase his goal per game percentage and my only worry is his lack of assists.He will be 23 next month, about the same age Mahrez came to us,seems like he has been around for some time, well worth a look.

My ideal transfer window (with players we have loosely been linked to)....

Castagne

Ben White

Coutinho (loan)

Hwang Hee Chan

Who we will probably end up with....

Ajer

Llalana

Frazer

Morelos

15 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Forgot about Hwang, hope we’re still looking at him 

I had never heard of him until someone on here mentioned him and now he would be my no1 pick in the forward role. 

My ideal transfer window (with players we have loosely been linked to)....

Castagne

Ben White

Coutinho (loan)

Hwang Hee Chan

Who we will probably end up with....

Ajer

Llalana

Frazer

Morelos

I don't think that's the worst set of reinforcements to sign, especially given the crazy situation the entire world finds itself in. Our first team is pretty strong and that would give us a lot of goof options that in some cases have the potential to become very good players. We'd have additional cover almost all over the pitch and would have some players with European experience.

I'm not sure we will get Fraser though, assuming you are talking about Ryan Fraser of Bournemouth. Because he's available on a free I think one of the London clubs will get him. He'd be a good player for sure though, not a flashy signing but someone who would probably fit in very well. TBH even without him and getting the other 3 would still be decent I think... promising defender, experienced technical midfielder and madman physical centre forward that is as likely to score as he is get sent off.

37 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I don't think that's the worst set of reinforcements to sign, especially given the crazy situation the entire world finds itself in. Our first team is pretty strong and that would give us a lot of goof options that in some cases have the potential to become very good players. We'd have additional cover almost all over the pitch and would have some players with European experience.

I'm not sure we will get Fraser though, assuming you are talking about Ryan Fraser of Bournemouth. Because he's available on a free I think one of the London clubs will get him. He'd be a good player for sure though, not a flashy signing but someone who would probably fit in very well. TBH even without him and getting the other 3 would still be decent I think... promising defender, experienced technical midfielder and madman physical centre forward that is as likely to score as he is get sent off.

Lallana and Fraser I would be happy with. Fraser seems like a good lad, I reckon he would prioritise the right move over money. 

Ajer I just don't see as an upgrade on Benkovic. Fitter? Yes but not a better defender. 

Morelos I wouldnt sign if they paid us a fee and contributed all his wages.

Just to preface this with I know this will never happen.

But with Liverpool dilly dallying about whether or not to go in for Timo Werner and Chelsea now rumoured to be considering a bid if he indicates that he's interested, wouldn't it be awesome if we just swooped in with a big bid Steven N'Zonzi style :cool:

Edited by ALC Fox
Accidentally posted halfway through writing the post

11 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Forgot about Hwang, hope we’re still looking at him 

His form really nose dived from about December onwards but that's likely to be due to them flogging Minamino and Haaland.

In fact I've just looked and bar a very good early bit of goal scoring and assisting it does suggest he's patchy in a very mediocre league playing for an absolutely devastating attacking outfit. I rate him, but the price of £30m quoted seems a bit much.