Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

29 minutes ago, Harry5 said:

As said within the thread it's imperative that we capitalise on this window. Who knows when we'll next have the lure of the champions league to wave in front of potential signings. 

Currently you could argue we have a better starting 11, possibly squad, the 4 of the so-called 'big 6'. We don't want to let that fall away this window. 

Signings I want are:

Ugurcan Cakir - 24yo GK and imo one of the best young keepers around. If we don't sign him this window, another top Europe club will and then we'll never be able to land him. Difficult one because of Kasper but if your looking at the long term future of the club you'd have to push the button on it. 

Merih Demiral - 22yo old fashioned centre half. Knows Cags well from the national team and could form our defensive pairing for the foreseeable future. We've been linked with him before so I hope we follow it through. Rumours of Manure sniffing around so I'd like to move quick before we again miss the boat. Would take him all day long over Ajer.  May also help to keep Cags long term.

Final signing would be Emmanuel Dennis, 22yo forward. Capable of leading the line or or playing either side. And he is lighting quick and very direct! In terms of style of play, he has the most similarities to vardy to become his successor than any other players we've been linked with. Would much rather see him in the starting 11 over Perez. 

The 3 above won't be cheap but if we offload the fridge players to help financially, long term im sure it would pay dividends.

Thats £100m+ your talking before wages! 

There's about to be a global recession!

Nobody is going to come waving cheque book at out fringe players in the climate we are about to enter.  

You are dreaming. 

Edited by themightyfin

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I do wonder if Jean Michaël Seri would be worth another chance in the Prem? Fulham will want shot of him when he returns from his loan in Turkey and if we get CL football he would be a useful squad player to replace Mendy who is almost certain to leave. Could lob them Amartey and a few quid in exchange? He was looking like a world beater before he joined Fulham.

What's the opposite of a meteoric rise because that's seemingly what's happened with him? As meteors head towards the ground perhaps a meteoric fall is also accurate!

Maybe he's worth a punt if we could fit him in. The talent is obviously there but I've no idea how he's been getting along whilst on loan. Could be a shrewd signing if BR gets the best out of him and his stock is at a low.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Harry5 said:

As said within the thread it's imperative that we capitalise on this window. Who knows when we'll next have the lure of the champions league to wave in front of potential signings. 

It's a good point and it's just as imperative that we keep our players this time, in my opinion. After winning the league we suffered one injury and sold one player which took us from having Kante and Drinky in the midfield to having King and Amartey, which just wasn't good enough for a Premier League midfield, let alone defending champions (and I love Andy King and think Amartey is a decent utility player).

We have to keep the likes of Madders, Barnes, Chilwell, Ndidi, Tielemans, Cags, and Ricky. I know a popular opinipn is that we can sell Chilwell and replace him for a lot less cash with a better player, but I think not selling this time sends a strong message that we're giving next season a proper go and I think keeping Chilwell around would be great for the dressing room (as well as him being a good player, in my opinion).

If we can convice our players that they can achieve their personal goals (CL football, cups, titles) with us, that will go a long way to us becoming a club that doesn't have to convince players to sign by saying we won't stand in their way if they want to move on to bigger and better things.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

It's a good point and it's just as imperative that we keep our players this time, in my opinion. After winning the league we suffered one injury and sold one player which took us from having Kante and Drinky in the midfield to having King and Amartey, which just wasn't good enough for a Premier League midfield, let alone defending champions (and I love Andy King and think Amartey is a decent utility player).

We have to keep the likes of Madders, Barnes, Chilwell, Ndidi, Tielemans, Cags, and Ricky. I know a popular opinipn is that we can sell Chilwell and replace him for a lot less cash with a better player, but I think not selling this time sends a strong message that we're giving next season a proper go and I think keeping Chilwell around would be great for the dressing room (as well as him being a good player, in my opinion).

If we can convice our players that they can achieve their personal goals (CL football, cups, titles) with us, that will go a long way to us becoming a club that doesn't have to convince players to sign by saying we won't stand in their way if they want to move on to bigger and better things.

Totally agree! Well said. We need to keep this team together and not sell Chilwell to a close rival 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️ We need a back up to each position and by selling Chilly we wont have that. We have JJ and Fuchs ready and able to step in if players are injured or rested, we wont have that if we sell.  We have a new training ground and exciting expansion plans for the stadium. We now need to show we are not a selling club and dont need to sell our first team. Keeping Chilwell, Maddison, Ricardo, Cags etc. makes a statement.

Edited by Hales
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Hales said:

Totally agree! Well said. We need to keep this team together and not sell Chilwell to a close rival 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️ We need a back up to each position and by selling Chilly we wont have that. We have JJ and Fuchs ready and able to step in if players are injured or rested, we wont have that if we sell.  We have a new training ground and exciting expansion plans for the stadium. We now need to show we are not a selling club and dont need to sell our first team. Keeping Chilwell, Maddison, Ricardo, Cags etc. makes a statement.

I totally agree - the problem comes when these players want to leave (mainly because clubs like Man U can offer them substantially more in wages). Look at Kante, Mahrez, Drinkwater and Maguire - Apart from Man City, I wouldn't say that Chelsea or Man U are in a stronger position than what we are, but they have greater pulling power and good players have their heads turned, unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

I completely agree. But I believe players move on for typically 2 reasons: 

1) Wages (obviously) and

2) To play with/complete against/show they can hold their own against the best footballing talent across the globe.

I'd say both of the above are why we've lost the players we have in the recent past (Drinky, Mahrez, Maguire and Kante). 

If we can sign the kind of players I've mentioned (Cakir, Demiral and Dennis) it will go a long way to keeping hold our key assets and youngsters.

If we don't cease this opportunity our competitors i.e. Chelsea will. That will soon close the gap we have and how long will we have to wait again before we're sitting 3rd in the league with a nice buffer on 5th place. 

I believe if we waste this opportunity this window, and it's likely we'll finish outside the top 4 this time next year. In turn that will increase the chances for 1 of/some our best players (Ndidi, Barns, Madison, Cags, Chilly) from being poached. Then the cycle begins again...

• Like 1

Wonder whether brahim diaz on loan would be the kind of player we would look at in the current climate as not going to be able to spend owt without selling in all likelihood. Obviously very talented and already played in england. He has fell out of favour at madrid but would be that left footed right winger that could excel here

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Harry5 said:

Currently you could argue we have a better starting 11, possibly squad, the 4 of the so-called 'big 6'. We don't want to let that fall away this window. 

Signings I want are:

Ugurcan Cakir - 24yo GK and imo one of the best young keepers around. If we don't sign him this window, another top Europe club will and then we'll never be able to land him. Difficult one because of Kasper but if your looking at the long term future of the club you'd have to push the button on it. 

Merih Demiral - 22yo old fashioned centre half. Knows Cags well from the national team and could form our defensive pairing for the foreseeable future. We've been linked with him before so I hope we follow it through. Rumours of Manure sniffing around so I'd like to move quick before we again miss the boat. Would take him all day long over Ajer.  May also help to keep Cags long term.

Final signing would be Emmanuel Dennis, 22yo forward. Capable of leading the line or or playing either side. And he is lighting quick and very direct! In terms of style of play, he has the most similarities to vardy to become his successor than any other players we've been linked with. Would much rather see him in the starting 11 over Perez. 

The 3 above won't be cheap but if we offload the fridge players to help financially, long term im sure it would pay dividends.

Leaving the reality aspect of all of that out of it, I'm sure I read Congerton said that Turkish keeper was one of the best keeper's he has ever seen, that right away would make me think that guy is actually garbage!

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, themightyfin said:

I would think its almost a given that our squad size will stay the same if not get a little smaller even if we qualify for champions league. 

We are about to enter a global recession , many people will have or will loose their jobs over the coming weeks,months,years.

Desposible incomes spent at football matches will drop and sky TV subscriptions will be cancelled forcing SKY to renegotiate deals.

Businesses will close or struggle meaning less surpluses money around for sponsorship deals and less investment opportunities within football clubs.

If we are able to offliad any of Slim, Silva,Armarty,Gray ect and actually pick up a fee we would have done very well. There will be hundreds of players  from all over the world with a year left on their contracts who are not certain starting 11 players that clubs will be more than happy to even be able to loan out to get some wages off the books never mind getting a fee. 

Very few clubs will need to pay fees for those sort of players.

Its a supply and demand market and there will be loads of surplus players flying around as clubs desperately try and cut spending and wage levels. 

The model at every football club will change as investment in academies will be scarce but could be an opportunity for clubs like us to find future aces in the pack.

But those here thinking we are goung to be spending millions just because we may qualify for the Champions league i think are going to be very disappointed.  

Football is about to change. Not just here but all over the world. 

And yet we'll persist with Beaglehole and his refusal to bring through U18 players until they are too old to play at that level any longer, then refuse to loan them out until they hit 20/21 and its often too late. Peake's replacement, along with the U23's and a new training ground is a real opportunity to ramp up an area that will be essential if this financial crisis is as bad as whats being talked about.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Harry5 said:

Whilst I like the optimism, we barely have a better squad than Arsenal. Don't get too carried away.

22 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Not even seen the article. Nothing surprising there with those players training with first team. Thomas is ready for the step up. Hirst well this is his make or break season coming up you would think he's the perfect age he can't be playing u23s anymore.

Gyamfi and Daley-Campbell are both right footed full backs. With Ricky still out cover could well be needed before the seasons out. 

My opionion was of all those ive seem Gyamfi looks the one with that extra bit of class. But he's out of contract at the end of the season. There are a few clubs hovering and we will do well to get him to sign. Hopefully he's settled enough here because I really this he has something. 

If Chilwell leaves maybe we won't need to sign a replacement if we keep Justin at LB & Gyamfi makes the step up??

RB: Ricardo, Gyamfi

LB: Justin, Fuchs, Thomas

Edited by Shane

9 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Whilst I like the optimism, we barely have a better squad than Arsenal. Don't get too carried away.

How the squad work together is always more important and effective than whether the squad is " better " from a skill and ability sense. We have shown this time and time again in recent years and something some of the bigger sides struggle to work out. On paper our squad will still look inferior to several and yet we will still perform better than them as we have the right foundations and blueprint from a shit hot coaching staff.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

How the squad work together is always more important and effective than whether the squad is " better " from a skill and ability sense. We have shown this time and time again in recent years and something some of the bigger sides struggle to work out. On paper our squad will still look inferior to several and yet we will still perform better than them as we have the right foundations and blueprint from a shit hot coaching staff.

Yeah, I agree, but I still think saying we have a squad better than 4 of the big 6 is a reach. Liverpool and Man City are obviously no question better. If you look at Spurs at peak fitness (which they haven't been for like a year), they blow us out of the water too. Man Utd also have a great side when fit, we are fortunate they have suffered many injury issues this season as well. Chelsea is arguable either way, although I feel like after this summer it won't be. Arsenal is the only truly crap squad in there, and even then they have a slew of fantastic youth players.

1 hour ago, Shane said:

If Chilwell leaves maybe we won't need to sign a replacement if we keep Justin at LB & Gyamfi makes the step up??

RB: Ricardo, Gyamfi

LB: Justin, Fuchs, Thomas

Gyamfi is an absolute random that just entered this forum's awareness, literally a couple weeks ago. I doubt he's ready for anything more than a loan to League 1.

17 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Gyamfi is an absolute random that just entered this forum's awareness, literally a couple weeks ago. I doubt he's ready for anything more than a loan to League 1.

Dennis has been a hot shot for a while. The rumours as to why he’s not signed a new contract is he wants a clearer shot at first team football. IMO the contract situation is part of the reason he’s not featured for the U23’s yet. He’s a very good footballer. He may end up being a Joe Dodoo but for his age, he is quality. 

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

Dennis has been a hot shot for a while. The rumours as to why he’s not signed a new contract is he wants a clearer shot at first team football. IMO the contract situation is part of the reason he’s not featured for the U23’s yet. He’s a very good footballer. He may end up being a Joe Dodoo but for his age, he is quality. 

There's plenty of evidence to suggest it's because he's not yet too old for the U18's before moving up to U23 level. Only Luke Thomas has consistently been given a chance in the U23's whilst still eligible for the U18's. No wonder a player who is supposedly as talented as Gyamfi might be disillusioned. Even if that is the reason we haven't played him in the U23's, get him out on loan then and give him the first team football he craves and progress his career. He'll end up leaving us for a pittance and if he's as good as many in the club believe then that's a disgrace.

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Yeah, I agree, but I still think saying we have a squad better than 4 of the big 6 is a reach. Liverpool and Man City are obviously no question better. If you look at Spurs at peak fitness (which they haven't been for like a year), they blow us out of the water too. Man Utd also have a great side when fit, we are fortunate they have suffered many injury issues this season as well. Chelsea is arguable either way, although I feel like after this summer it won't be. Arsenal is the only truly crap squad in there, and even then they have a slew of fantastic youth players.

Spurs defence and central midfield is inferior to ours, Man Utd have a dog shit coach in comparison to ours.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hales said:

...if Chilwell wants to go and they meet our price then there is no point in keeping him!!!

Its not about the clubs' ambition it is the ambition of the players which determines the way our policy plays out.Their will always be other clubs above us in the food chain, players are ambitious.....they will leave!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442

59 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if Chilwell wants to go and they meet our price then there is no point in keeping him!!!

Its not about the clubs' ambition it is the ambition of the players which determines the way our policy plays out.Their will always be other clubs above us in the food chain, players are ambitious.....they will leave!!!

I totally understand that! If a player wants to go that's different. I was merely saying we need to not be seen as a selling club if we want to progress. If Chilly wants to go thats an entirely different point.

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Spurs defence and central midfield is inferior to ours, Man Utd have a dog shit coach in comparison to ours.

They have a better goalkeeper and attack, better depth, and whilst their defence is not great right now they have some fantastic midfielders. Both Ndombele and Lo Celso are really, really good. They both had some issues this season but they were both fantastic the season before and I think it's only a matter of time for them to gel together properly. Lo Celso especially has impressed me to no end, he can seemingly do it all.

Obviously Ole is wank, just don't know if that means Man Utd have a worse squad than ours.

22 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

They have a better goalkeeper and attack, better depth, and whilst their defence is not great right now they have some fantastic midfielders. Both Ndombele and Lo Celso are really, really good. They both had some issues this season but they were both fantastic the season before and I think it's only a matter of time for them to gel together properly. Lo Celso especially has impressed me to no end, he can seemingly do it all.

Obviously Ole is wank, just don't know if that means Man Utd have a worse squad than ours.

What’re we comparing with Attack? 

Kane/Son v Vardy/Nacho? (That could change drastically over the summer, but I reckon we’ve done enough already to pip them in the league this season). 

Also, I wouldn’t swap Kasper for Lloris regardless of pure goalkeeping ability. It’s a matter of opinion but I don’t think Lloris is that much better anyway.

We have a much better blend of talent across the field, a better squad togetherness and a better mentality than Spurs. 

Ndombele looked like he couldn’t even be ar$ed in a few of their games this season. Wouldn’t swap him for Maddison, Tielemans, Praet or N’Didi regardless of his ability. 

@Nicolo Barella, I didn’t mean to come on and purely disagree. Most of what you’re saying I agree with on face value, just looking at the bigger picture I think we probably edge it overall. 

2 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

What’re we comparing with Attack? 

Kane/Son v Vardy/Nacho? (That could change drastically over the summer, but I reckon we’ve done enough already to pip them in the league this season). 

Also, I wouldn’t swap Kasper for Lloris regardless of pure goalkeeping ability. It’s a matter of opinion but I don’t think Lloris is that much better anyway.

We have a much better blend of talent across the field, a better squad togetherness and a better mentality than Spurs. 

Ndombele looked like he couldn’t even be ar$ed in a few of their games this season. Wouldn’t swap him for Maddison, Tielemans, Praet or N’Didi regardless of his ability. 

@Nicolo Barella, I didn’t mean to come on and purely disagree. Most of what you’re saying I agree with on face value, just looking at the bigger picture I think we probably edge it overall. 

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. This season has sort of been their equivalent to our 16/17 season, and I think they have all the ingredients to come together stronger next season. You're right that they're more disjointed than us but I think that it's a matter of "when" and not "if", in terms of them getting their things together. The season run in should certainly tell us a thing or two.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Lloris has been consistently dropping clangers for a few seasons now - as a keeper at a top club you can't make so many high profile mistakes regardless of the rest of your game. You're talking hypothetically with their midfielders too, on the basis that they *could* work out given time - they might, but without proof that they can cut it in this division surely it's amiss to say their squad blows us out the water? Moreso when we've been considerably better this season?

• Like 1