Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Bundesliga Matches

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Is there any sort of rivalry between Bochum and Dortmund given the geographics? I feel guilty for liking both.

Yes. Bochum are stuck bang between Dortmund and Gelsenkirchen (where Schalke play). Bochum fans hate both with a passion. You ask a Bochum fan who out of them they hate more and it's nearly always an answer of 'impossible to choose'.

It's been 9 years since they played either in a competitive game. Both Schalke and Dortmund look at Bochum I would say as an annoying little brother with Bochum fans understanding they are most likely always going to be enemy number 2 after Schalke and Dormund's hate for each other. Notts Forest could do with a bit of this and admitting it is possible to have more than one rival.

Bochum also have a historic rivalry with Bielefeld which is very tasty and did have one with City rivals Wattenschied before they effectively died.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Theres so many teams around that area i doubt it can be that fierce.

Not really how rivalries work though. Villa and Birmingham hate each other, West Brom and Wolves have no bearing on that. 

The more intense rivalries in the Ruhr are based on competitive rivalries more than locality. Duisburg, Düsseldorf and Bielefeld are Bochum’s active rivals but the hatred for Schalke and Dortmund is huge

• Like 2

Dortmund v Schalke obviously the biggest Ruhr area derby. Then Bochum v either of them. Then probably Essen v Schalke (historic but barely played now obviously, Dortmund are pally with Essen due to mutual hatred).

Went to Essen v Oberhausen a few years ago and was expecting a lot more of a derby feel (Essen's ground is actually closer to Oberhausen city centre than Essen), but wasn't that intense. Good game in the end mind.

32 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Not really how rivalries work though. Villa and Birmingham hate each other, West Brom and Wolves have no bearing on that. 

The more intense rivalries in the Ruhr are based on competitive rivalries more than locality. Duisburg, Düsseldorf and Bielefeld are Bochum’s active rivals but the hatred for Schalke and Dortmund is huge

Well yes it is, you can only have a proper rivalry with some many clubs. Like the example you’ve they all dislike each other but the main ones are with one of the other four in every case.

His question was could he get away with favouring both and I’d say yes it’s well down the regions biggest rivalries ( as you’ve even said yourself)

58 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well yes it is, you can only have a proper rivalry with some many clubs. Like the example you’ve they all dislike each other but the main ones are with one of the other four in every case.

His question was could he get away with favouring both and I’d say yes it’s well down the regions biggest rivalries ( as you’ve even said yourself)

You can’t follow both. You couldn’t like both Leicester and Derby because “it’s well down the regions biggest rivalries” 

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

You can’t follow both. You couldn’t like both Leicester and Derby because “it’s well down the regions biggest rivalries” 

I mean you could quite easily if you liked the way we played and had a fans link with Derby and weren’t even from this country in my eye but difference in opinion I guess.