Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

15 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Eze is nothing like Gray. A more apt comparison on our roster would be Tielemans.

He is not short of EPL suitors, but he comes here he’ll likely start off on the bench but probably would be in rotation with Tielemans and Maddison by mid-season (particularly given our EL Cup campaign).

Tielemans doesn't play most of his games on the LW. 

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Tielemans doesn't play most of his games on the LW. 

Neither does Eze. He’s their No. 10, and plays primarily in the middle of the park.
The only substantive difference (if any) in their games is that Eze often plays further upfield than Tielemans would.

I am beginning to suspect that you are confusing Eze with the other black dude Osayi (or some such name).

Edited by NaijaFox

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

Neither does Eze. He’s their No. 10.
The only substantive difference (if any) in their games is that Eze often plays further upfield than Tielemans would.

He played 19 times on the LW this year, scoring 7 and setting up 2. 

He played in the #10 role 13 times, scoring 4 with 2 assists.... So yeah, he played most of his games on the LW. 

7 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

I am beginning to suspect that you are confusing Eze with the other black dude Osayi (or some such name).

No, no confusion here. He played on the LW 19 times. 

3 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

He played 19 times on the LW this year, scoring 7 and setting up 2. 

He played in the #10 role 13 times, scoring 4 with 2 assists.... So yeah, he played most of his games on the LW. 

Not sure where you dug up those stats from, but Eze most definitely does NOT play out wide.

Even if those mock lineups have him lined up on the left (a la Maddison sometimes), his role devolves to the middle of the park.

Edited by NaijaFox

2 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Not sure where you dug up those stats from, but Eze most definitely does NOT play out wide.

Even if those mock lineups have him lined up on the left (a la Maddison sometimes), his role devolves in the middle of the park.

Who scored are generally pretty accurate and in depth but you clearly watch every QPR game so I do apologise. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Yet again, respectfully disagree.
He lines up on the left side of the MIDFIELD, but he does not play as a left-winger. 

After speaking to a few QPR fans to make sure I wasn't completely wrong on this, they've confirmed that although he can do both, he mainly operates off the left. 

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

That's the problem, I listened to Sam Allardyce on the Radio and he commented the hardest thing as a PL club was moving on deadwood, as no one can match the wages of PL clubs, often leaving clubs with the player on their books.

Take Slim and Silva, no one is going to match the wages we pay them, we could make them available for free and they would still not find someone to match their wages. 

Yep.  Look at Arsenal with Ozil.   But if Slim and Silva were allowed to leave on frees, may be the a signing on fee in lieu of a fee paid to Leicester could swing it, 'if' that is, they have any interest whatsoever in playing football.   I think Silva does.

28 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

After speaking to a few QPR fans to make sure I wasn't completely wrong on this, they've confirmed that although he can do both, he mainly operates off the left. 

Yes, but not as a left winger.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Yep.  Look at Arsenal with Ozil.   But if Slim and Silva were allowed to leave on frees, may be the a signing on fee in lieu of a fee paid to Leicester could swing it, 'if' that is, they have any interest whatsoever in playing football.   I think Silva does.

I think they both want to play looking at how they have been willing to go out on Loan, we can live in hope but still could see them being here until their contract end 

Edited by coolhandfox

2 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

This should settle it.

Settle what? Jesus christ dude... 

It's fair enough to say I am wrong, it happens. To say a football stats page like whoscored is wrong? Hmmm, ok...

But to say that numerous QPR fans who watch the guy week in week out are wrong when they say he usually plays on the left is incredibly arrogant on your part. 

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

It's fair enough to say I am wrong, it happens. To say a football stats page like whoscored is wrong? Hmmm, ok...

But to say that numerous QPR fans who watch the guy week in week out are wrong when they say he usually plays on the left is incredibly arrogant on your part. 

Unless, I am missing something, I think we are both already in AGREEMENT that he lines up on the left. My only point is that he does not play as a winger.

3 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

WHERES THE YOUTUBE VIDEO DAMMIT!!!

Edit:

Incoming Knighthood for Congers.  Do-do-do - Come on and do the Conga.

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Meanwhile, I will ignore the childish ad hominem attack. SMH

5 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Meanwhile, I will ignore the childish ad hominem attack. SMH

My attack was not on you, it was on your statement which IS incredibly arrogant. If a QPR fan was to assume they are more knowledgable than you on a LCFC player, should you not consider that arrogant? That is precisely what you are doing. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

My attack was not on you, it was on your statement which IS incredibly arrogant. If a QPR fan was to assume they are more knowledgable than you on a LCFC player, should you not consider that arrogant? That is precisely what you are doing. 

Would perhaps be reasonably deemed so if there was a substantive dispute with said QPR fan, but there isn’t here. 

3 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Yet again, respectfully disagree.
He lines up on the left side of the MIDFIELD, but he does not play as a left-winger. 

The Youtube clip validates the veracity of my statement, without disputing the QPR fan’s assertion that Eze mainly operates “off” [crucially not “on”] the left.

Edited by NaijaFox

This is what's always made me laugh about the Congerton hate.

You're always going to pick out some duffers when you're trying to attract quality to play for ****ing Sunderland and attract quality on Celtics shite budget.

He's not shopping in the bargain bin anymore... chances are he's probably always had targets at the top end he's just not been able to suggest them. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

This is what's always made me laugh about the Congerton hate.

You're always going to pick out some duffers when you're trying to attract quality to play for ****ing Sunderland and attract quality on Celtics shite budget.

He's not shopping in the bargain bin anymore... chances are he's probably always had targets at the top end he's just not been able to suggest them. 

Tbf as head scout it's not like he's had to do much of a job to pick out Barca's next big talent. Ill give him props when he gets one of these players before they go to a big club.

Just now, honeybradger said:

Tbf as head scout it's not like he's had to do much of a job to pick out Barca's next big talent. Ill give him props when he gets one of these players before they go to a big club.

What's to say him and Brendan haven't wanted the lad for the last 3 years?

Just now, AjcW said:

What's to say him and Brendan haven't wanted the lad for the last 3 years?

I they saw him as a 50 mil player before he got interest from barca then why didnt they go for him. No praise for them on this one, it's easy to go for players that superclubs already have picked up on.

3 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Neither does Eze. He’s their No. 10, and plays primarily in the middle of the park.

...I think he is confusing Ovie Ejaria with Eze!!!!

Ejaria plays LW for Reading, similar kit to QPR.

Ejaria is someone I have name checked previously, two footed, very skillful can also play centrally.