Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

9 hours ago, MPH said:

?

We’ll need a bigger squad because of the European competition next season.  Our players were on their last legs last few games as it is...

Not sure we do. You need to remember that our squad includes (and currently pays) Slimani, Silva, Amartey, Kaputska, Ghezzal, Diabate. That's about £300k p/w.

If we shifted them and got Eduoard, Benrahma, Sarr, Demirahl, we'd be salivating over our squad, and barely paying any more p/w. 

It's easy for us to forget the dead wood, but less so for the club's accountants!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sdb said:

Not sure we do. You need to remember that our squad includes (and currently pays) Slimani, Silva, Amartey, Kaputska, Ghezzal, Diabate. That's about £300k p/w.

If we shifted them and got Eduoard, Benrahma, Sarr, Demirahl, we'd be salivating over our squad, and barely paying any more p/w. 

It's easy for us to forget the dead wood, but less so for the club's accountants!

It's mad that we have that many players who we need to shift - all who could be first teamers at a decent level. Such a shame Slimani and Silva didn't work out, while Amartey has been blighted by injuries.

5 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Possible Championship loan for Iversen would be excellent. Love to see him keeping proving himself at higher levels.

Mid table Championship could be a great shout, level where he's getting tested regularly to see if he continues to develop. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MPH said:

?

We’ll need a bigger squad because of the European competition next season.  Our players were on their last legs last few games as it is...

How many players do we have on the books who could be considered senior players, 35 perhaps? 

How many players can we register, is it 25? I'm not entirely sure whether you get more with Europe. 

I get what you're saying about the squad but it's about quality of depth rather than quantity, and with that comes bigger wages per player which probably means we need to offload players like slimani, silva, Ghezzal, diabate, Amartey as with their wages gone it probably gives us better scope to go for better players

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

Possible Championship loan for Iversen would be excellent. Love to see him keeping proving himself at higher levels.

Intrigued he’s put ‘expensive loan’ have we given him a huge rise with that new contract? 

1 hour ago, happy85 said:

Southampton, Crystal Palace and Leicester are all interested in signing Grady Diangana from West Ham.

[Sunday People]

Had a good season at West Brom on loan didn’t he? Wouldn’t be surprised to see him in their first team next season 

6 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think it probably means the fee. Could be fee + wages contribution.

It’s surprising if that’s the case as loaning him out to a championship club is going to benefit us more than him running out for the u23s every week

6 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

It’s surprising if that’s the case as loaning him out to a championship club is going to benefit us more than him running out for the u23s every week

I think it might now be standard practice. I saw an interview with a Championship or lower manager, maybe a couple of years ago (can't remember who). They were saying that loaning young PL players was much more expensive than it used to be.

I assume we'll price a loan for Iversen accordingly if we want him to go to a Championship club. I think he's highly-rated, so there's probably enough interest for us to get a few quid.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sdb said:

they didn’t play a part and will all be gone this summer. we will need to add to what we have