Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..We have no one who can pick up the ball in the middle and carry it forward!!!

We need someone to pull players out of their positions, we struggle to mix it up and resort to negative passing because we do.not know what to do.

I've been struck by this too. We really need a pacy tricky player who can drive forward, and dribble past and commit defenders to make space for team mates. Watching the likes of Saint Maximin and Traoré makes you see the value of such players. Barnes is the closest we have but is more about pace than trickery.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I've been struck by this too. We really need a pacy tricky player who can drive forward, and dribble past and commit defenders to make space for team mates. Watching the likes of Saint Maximin and Traoré makes you see the value of such players. Barnes is the closest we have but is more about pace than trickery.

Said Benrahma

5 hours ago, Old Fox said:

We need players who can go straight into the team and should be buying higher quality rather than potential in my book - hopefully we have set our sights slightly higher.

I agree that the starting 11 needs strengthening but it was an astute move bringing cags in when we did.. and I am glad we kept hold of Iheanacho.. Justin has come in and done a great job too...

Edited by MPH

8 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Think we need this as well as a player that can hold the ball up at the edge of the box.

We do have players who can bring it up the pitch eg Chilwell, Barnes, Ricardo, Gray, Madison, even Cags has in the past but second half of the season no one did that our took those risks anymore.

Don't know if it was confidence, specific instructions from Brendan or just that the opposition denied us the opportunity.

Article in the Athletic today on our summer targets. Doesn't say much we've not heard already.

Not much to spend. Maybe Brooks, maybe Cantwell, maybe Demirahl or Tarkowski. Basically wingers and CBs. Chilwell could go but isn't for sale.

Basically no new info. Hoping there's a couple of genius under the radar moves being made 🙏 

5 minutes ago, sdb said:

Article in the Athletic today on our summer targets. Doesn't say much we've not heard already.

Not much to spend. Maybe Brooks, maybe Cantwell, maybe Demirahl or Tarkowski. Basically wingers and CBs. Chilwell could go but isn't for sale.

Basically no new info. Hoping there's a couple of genius under the radar moves being made 🙏 

No, I can imagine not getting that UCL money changed things on a huge level. Plus our wage bill is far too high.

Edited by Fightforever

24 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Think we need this as well as a player that can hold the ball up at the edge of the box.

Batshuayi could do that. He's available as well. Technically good, physical presence, able to link play, can finish. He's probably on big wages at Chelsea though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

We do have players who can bring it up the pitch eg Chilwell, Barnes, Ricardo, Gray, Madison, even Cags has in the past but second half of the season no one did that our took those risks anymore.

Don't know if it was confidence, specific instructions from Brendan or just that the opposition denied us the opportunity.

Was about to say exactly the same thing, its no use bringing someone in to tell them to keep possession and not risk giving the ball away.

8 minutes ago, sdb said:

You’d hope that after the horror show to the end of the season and the increase of games next season there is a huge drive to add to the squad but it’s all very quiet at the minute. Like you, I hope we are doing our work under the radar while the media continue to jerk off to the Utd / Sancho drama. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wrighty22 said:

You’d hope that after the horror show to the end of the season and the increase of games next season there is a huge drive to add to the squad but it’s all very quiet at the minute. Like you, I hope we are doing our work under the radar while the media continue to jerk off to the Utd / Sancho drama. 

I personally hope the drive to chop out the deadwood is equally prioritized.   This will enable us to invest on new blood, although not much will be raised in 'sales', more a case of reducing the wage bill.

14 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I personally hope the drive to chop out the deadwood is equally prioritized.   This will enable us to invest on new blood, although not much will be raised in 'sales', more a case of reducing the wage bill.

That's the problem, I listened to Sam Allardyce on the Radio and he commented the hardest thing as a PL club was moving on deadwood, as no one can match the wages of PL clubs, often leaving clubs with the player on their books.

Take Slim and Silva, no one is going to match the wages we pay them, we could make them available for free and they would still not find someone to match their wages. 

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

What is this beauty 

If there is any truth in this, wether we get him or not is irrelevant. It shows the calibre of player we are after at RW and how much we are willing to pay to get it. 

• Like 3

Signed him in January

Stayed at Braga

Officially 'joined' a few days ago

Why are they entertaining selling him, or even adding a future fee clause to a loan?

Or is this to do with how royally screwed Barca are financially?

9 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Signed him in January

Stayed at Braga

Officially 'joined' a few days ago

Why are they entertaining selling him, or even adding a future fee clause to a loan?

Or is this to do with how royally screwed Barca are financially?

It's called making money. Or Chelsea 2.0. I have a.feeling we'll be doing the same thing soon enough with our new Academy/Development Center. You can bet there will be buy backs, loan to own, sell on fees, and who knows what else for Barsa and the player to make maximum profit. The crap it takes to build a modern football team.

16 hours ago, Old Fox said:

No better than Gray and we don’t need unproven risks imo - don’t think we should lose our ethos but I do believe that we can attract a higher calibre player now - should be an interesting few weeks with ins and outs 

16 hours ago, Old Fox said:

I have seen a bit of him and he is talented but not dissimilar to Gray I am not sure how bright he is - consistency and playing at premier standard would be the challenge !

i agree we need to strengthen the attacking options but personally would take Brooks over a championship talent 

Eze is nothing like Gray. A more apt comparison on our roster would be Tielemans.

He is not short of EPL suitors, but he comes here he’ll likely start off on the bench but probably would be in rotation with Tielemans and Maddison by mid-season (particularly given our EL Cup campaign).

Edited by NaijaFox