Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I they saw him as a 50 mil player before he got interest from barca then why didnt they go for him. No praise for them on this one, it's easy to go for players that superclubs already have picked up on.

We were linked with him BEFORE Barça signed him in January.

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

We were linked with him when he went to barca too 

Again when youre paid to be head scout at a mid tier club like ours it's easy to look over the shoulders of clubs like barca and try your luck with their targets. It's readily available on the internet who clubs of this size are going for as they dont care who else goes in for them cos they will usually come out on top. Congerton was late on this one, if he was to get any praise he would have picked him out last summer.

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

Again when youre paid to be head scout at a mid tier club like ours it's easy to look over the shoulders of clubs like barca and try your luck with their targets. It's readily available on the internet who clubs of this size are going for as they dont care who else goes in for them cos they will usually come out on top. Congerton was late on this one, if he was to get any praise he would have picked him out last summer.

So at what point do the club's recruitment staff get any praise? Just because Barcelona want him doesn't mean he is a perfect fit for us, recruitment is not as simple as 'player is wanted by a good team so he must be good for all teams'. There's also the whole human side of it, can he speak the language, will he settle in England, can he play in our formation, and many other more subtle things.

If he were to sign and be a success I couldn't care less who wants to take credit for him, but recruitment is a process involving the DoF, head of recruitment and his team of scouts. It's not one man's job.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

We were linked with him BEFORE Barça signed him in January.

I can guarantee barca were looking at him long before they bought him. Of all the clubs who were looking at him i can almost guarantee we werent the first, trincao was an easy scouting target, congerton needs to get the guy that the others arent looking at.

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Why is it that people are using this section to fall out with each other? 

Some time off for bad behaviour is required, it would seem.

lol I was only joking! 

7 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Stop whining and give the bloke a chance.

Many on here gave loads of grief to Rudkin a few years back, given time he’s proved himself.

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Any ideas who that is then lad? Seem like a ****ing fountain of knowledge. 

I dont know or really care but going after a player who's already signed for a top club isnt 'good job congerton' it's 'youve shat the bed on this one congerton'. 

Just now, honeybradger said:

I dont know or really care but going after a player who's already signed for a top club isnt 'good job congerton' it's 'youve shat the bed on this one congerton'. 

The last time I shat the bed a Portuguese wonderkid didn't come out from under the covers answering our left footed right sided winger prayers lol 

Just now, honeybradger said:

FFS how old are you?

any chance we could let the club buy some players and then judge them?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

FFS how old are you?

Honestly some of the muck this fella has come out with on this forum past few weeks id take it with a pinch of salt. 

3 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

FFS how old are you?

Trincao's probably going to be a star if we get him, but signing him for double what he went for 6 months ago is a bit embarrasing and if we're being honest we're probably not going to get him either, it's a missed opportunity whichever way you look at it.

It is if you’re a miserable twat, looking for the worst in every situation.

perhaps if Barca hadn’t jumped in we may have signed him. I’m happy that we’re even in the market for a player like this.

Edited by hackneyfox
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

So at what point do the club's recruitment staff get any praise? Just because Barcelona want him doesn't mean he is a perfect fit for us, recruitment is not as simple as 'player is wanted by a good team so he must be good for all teams'. There's also the whole human side of it, can he speak the language, will he settle in England, can he play in our formation, and many other more subtle things.

If he were to sign and be a success I couldn't care less who wants to take credit for him, but recruitment is a process involving the DoF, head of recruitment and his team of scouts. It's not one man's job.

Of course its a one man job. :fishing::brendan: