Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

This is the first season Jonny Evans has been injury free. It's a good job we didn't look at his medical record as it would suggest that he's made of glass. I'm sure if Brooks does sign, he'll have to go through a rigorous medical.

Edited by MGLCFC

2 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

This is the first season Jonny Evans has been injury free. It's a good job we didn't look at his medical record as it would suggest that he's made of glass. I'm sure if Brooks does sign, he'll have to go through a rigorous medical.

Very good point that. Brookes is a bit young to describe his issues as chronic.

2 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

Knowing us....

At least 6.

Stones would be a decent buy, definitely bags of ability there, he just hasn’t hit it off consistently at City. And if I’m being brutally honest, I’m not all that impressed with Ake, thought he’s been pretty shite this season, and not worth the £40 mill they’re paying for him. Each to their own. 

I’d have Stones, ball playing centre half. Obviously got a mistake in him but if we could keep him fit and he plays every week I think he’d be a really good signing.

Being linked with literally everybody at the moment though so whether we could get him, I don’t know.

11 minutes ago, chrishlcfc said:

I’d have Stones, ball playing centre half. Obviously got a mistake in him but if we could keep him fit and he plays every week I think he’d be a really good signing.

Being linked with literally everybody at the moment though so whether we could get him, I don’t know.

Wonder if we'll have the gall to get Stones?

• Haha 4

I’d take Stones - he earnt his move to City and has plenty of England caps and you don’t achieve that if you’re not decent.

Perfect in a back 3, long term replacement for Evans and started at right back for Barnsley so could always fill in there too 

19 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

I’d take Stones - he earnt his move to City and has plenty of England caps and you don’t achieve that if you’re not decent.

Perfect in a back 3, long term replacement for Evans and started at right back for Barnsley so could always fill in there too 

Yup, for a reduced fee I think he'd be a good fit. If he got coached into clearing when needed then he'd be a much better all-round player. Just needs to know when not to dally on the ball.

With Ake going to Man City, I'd try for a loan for Stones.

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Yup, for a reduced fee I think he'd be a good fit. If he got coached into clearing when needed then he'd be a much better all-round player. Just needs to know when not to dally on the ball.

With Ake going to Man City, I'd try for a loan for Stones.

I think we’re still at the stage where we need defenders who can primarily defend.  Stones has shown many times that this isn’t his main attribute. Brendan may well be attracted to him but I’m not sure he has what we need ......

• Like 2

The thing about Stones is somehow he's behind Laporte, Garcia, Otamendi, and Fernandinho in the pecking order at centre-half.

Laporte I understand because he's excellent but, for various reasons, Stones should be partnering him, not behind the others:

Garcia is still young and learning his trade.

Otamendi is an absolute bomb scare.

Fernandinho is a midfielder.

Even though he's probably better than at least Otamendi and Fernandinho in that position, maybe Pep's frozen him out because he just doesn't feature in his plans for the future. Or, maybe Stones is actually a busted flush.

It's a tough one to call, and it's not like any buying club would have any recent form to judge him on. It'd be a big risk for anyone. If any kind of deal is possible I'd be looking at a loan with a permanent deal agreed if a certain number of appearances are made.

6 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Unless has something in his locker, that in a better team will improve himself and the team then he'd simply be squad filler.

Surely, unless he’s going to start we don’t need him - unless we are selling albrighton and gray? Squad fillers we have... would love him to come and turn into something amazing but we already have talent we are waiting for to be consistent goal scorers... If he comes he needs to play for me and be of the quality to take us forward... 

Stones is rubbish! Let’s get a cb that can defend/pass and sell on for a huge profit! That man is Demirel and everyone knows it! I’d rather spend £40m on him and know he’s got a record of being able to defend and go on to be sold for a record fee in 2/3 years and help the club progress! Stones can’t defend and guaranteed mistakes 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

The thing about Stones is somehow he's behind Laporte, Garcia, Otamendi, and Fernandinho in the pecking order at centre-half.

Laporte I understand because he's excellent but, for various reasons, Stones should be partnering him, not behind the others:

Garcia is still young and learning his trade.

Otamendi is an absolute bomb scare.

Fernandinho is a midfielder.

Even though he's probably better than at least Otamendi and Fernandinho in that position, maybe Pep's frozen him out because he just doesn't feature in his plans for the future. Or, maybe Stones is actually a busted flush.

It's a tough one to call, and it's not like any buying club would have any recent form to judge him on. It'd be a big risk for anyone. If any kind of deal is possible I'd be looking at a loan with a permanent deal agreed if a certain number of appearances are made.

It is a strange one as on the face of it he should be starting ahead of all of them.

Something could of happened behind the scenes or could be Pep being stubborn. this is a man who let Sancho leave for nothing so he does make mistakes! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

**** me you David Brooks fans are a weird bunch lol Is everything ok? Might have to start a David Brooks forum so all of you lads have a place to display your affection away from Leicester 

Maybe if there's all these people that rate him so highly there might actually be something to him? 

20 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Stones is rubbish! Let’s get a cb that can defend/pass and sell on for a huge profit! That man is Demirel and everyone knows it! I’d rather spend £40m on him and know he’s got a record of being able to defend and go on to be sold for a record fee in 2/3 years and help the club progress! Stones can’t defend and guaranteed mistakes 

100% agree. Glad I'm not the only one that thinks Stones is one of the most overrated players in the PL. We should steer well clear.

Demiral would be a very good player for us IMO. Would love him to be our no 1 signing this summer. Him and Cags together is quite a mouthwatering prospect.

39 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Maybe if there's all these people that rate him so highly there might actually be something to him? 

I’m not going to buy into it because of 3 blokes on the internet quoting my posts saying I’m wrong

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

Let's keep the Stone's link rolling.