Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

5 hours ago, NasPb said:

ID TAKE STONES ON 20 MILLION AND LESS WAGES IF POSSIBLE. 

GOOD PLAYER JUST NEEDS SOME SPECIFIC DEFENSIVE WORK. KOLO WOULD HELP AND RODGERS TOO

You might need buck to make a defender out of him ! 

he would be great for us in possession ..... we would just need to accept leaking more goals than we had been used to until the last few games.  And conceding the first goal against teams exacerbates our problem getting through low blocks which would likely result from that ....

I know money’s going to be tight this summer but at £16m this is potentially a real bargain.

We need another no.8 to compete/rotate with Madders & Youri. He has the talent but I wonder if he’s the kind of player Rodgers wants? Would understand if the club is looking for a ball-carrying no.8 with a tad more physicality...

Edited by Steve Earle
Typo

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

I know money’s going to be tight this summer but at £16m this is potentially a real bargain.

We need another no.8 to compete/rotate with Madders & Youri. He had the talent but I wonder if he’s the kind of player Rodgers wants? Would understand if the club is looking for a ball-carrying no.8 with a tad more physicality...

We need players who can go straight into the team and should be buying higher quality rather than potential in my book - hopefully we have set our sights slightly higher.

28 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

We need players who can go straight into the team and should be buying higher quality rather than potential in my book - hopefully we have set our sights slightly higher.

Hmm I disagree. Nobody is going to come in and take either YT / JMs place and DP is great cover as the true 8 position. But we need more forward thinking options as cover for JM and I’d say Eze would be perfect for this. 

No finished article is going to be happy to sit on the bench. Would be a great addition 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Aint we signed anyone yet?

Nope. Congers is on a two week seminar teaching people how to use fax machines.     We do not want to miss out on some of the gems already lined up. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I think Eze would go straight into first team contention for us to be fair, he stood out this season almost as much as Maddison did at Norwich.

I’m not saying that means he’ll be as good as Madders but he is a very exciting prospect nonetheless and will only get better. 

No better than Gray and we don’t need unproven risks imo - don’t think we should lose our ethos but I do believe that we can attract a higher calibre player now - should be an interesting few weeks with ins and outs 

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I don’t know about the comparison to Gray, he’s more of a 10 than a winger mate, have you seen much of him this season? Been first class for QPR, I’m not so sure it’s much of a risk as Maddison has that no.10 role locked down and Pérez is a reliable back up, Eze just helps add another young prospect in that area if he’s available at a reasonable fee. 

I’d be more excited by Eze coming in than Brooks to be honest, although that might be an unpopular opinion. A winger is more of a need, though.

I have seen a bit of him and he is talented but not dissimilar to Gray I am not sure how bright he is - consistency and playing at premier standard would be the challenge !

i agree we need to strengthen the attacking options but personally would take Brooks over a championship talent 

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

I don’t know about the comparison to Gray, he’s more of a 10 than a winger mate, have you seen much of him this season? Been first class for QPR, I’m not so sure it’s much of a risk as Maddison has that no.10 role locked down and Pérez is a reliable back up, Eze just helps add another young prospect in that area if he’s available at a reasonable fee. 

I’d be more excited by Eze coming in than Brooks to be honest, although that might be an unpopular opinion. A winger is more of a need, though.

He actually played on the left more times than he did in the #10 role last season and the stats suggest he actually played better there. 

Would be ideal as back up for Maddison AND Barnes. 

3 hours ago, Old Fox said:

..We have no one who can pick up the ball in the middle and carry it forward!!!

We need someone to pull players out of their positions, we struggle to mix it up and resort to negative passing because we do.not know what to do.