Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Why have they pulled the Nightingale hospitals down then? They could have surely used them as space for normal patients and kept them seperate from the COVID ones?

Have they done that really? Pulled the wards down that they built?

Genuinely didn’t know and if so, Christ that could be a big mistake 

Just now, Col city fan said:

Have they done that really? Pulled the wards down that they built?

Genuinely didn’t know and if so, Christ that could be a big mistake 

Just now, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Didn't I read they could have that ready within 48 hours? The hospital. 

It was said on here not long ago, sure they closed them. There was a video of them pulling one down too. I don't know what to believe in the media anymore, probably end up being bullshit:dunno: Maybe they only pulled one down and left the rest closed on standby.

Watch the second video.  

Again reiterating the point that every measure put in place beyond the natural cycle of the curve was an ineffective way to manage the situation from mid May onwards.

What we're seeing now is a naturally occurring seasonal increase in coronaviruses that we're trying to suppress having never done this before in history.

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It was said on here not long ago, sure they closed them. There was a video of them pulling one down too. I don't know what to believe in the media anymore, probably end up being bullshit:dunno: Maybe they only pulled one down and left the rest closed on standby.

Pulling them down? They are conference centres and university buildings 

5 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

They will close schools as an absolute last, they are determined to keep them open.

Whilst I recognise you cannot keep kids at home for eternity, there needs to be a compromise here, you cannot just send them all back at once, it wont work, a combination of part time face to face and home schooling is needed.

Who is going to pay my mortgage whilst I’m at home schooling my children? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Completely agree about the last paragraph

When loads of us were learning how to use MS Teams and the such like and only going into base when absolutely essential, Twatty Boris tells us all to stop doing this and all pile back, en masse, into the workplace.

Out of necessity, some of the conversation this year about work has been along the lines of how to work remotely (when possible). What needs to be done, what are the limitations to VPN etc
A load of us have been discussing this new way of working, it’s strengths, it’s limitations and the such like. Workplaces, NHS settings, Educational establishments have all put the wheels into motion to manage this situation as safely as possible

And then Johnson tells us all that working from home, working remotely is no good for us all and we must all go back to the office, to the classroom, to whatever, ASAP

I couldn’t quite believe what I was hearing. 
This government have fooked a lot of stuff up this year but this one took the biscuit.

I keep getting emails from our IT support to say they have all been working from home and it’s the way forward because of the money it’s saving . They’re not offering to reduce their pricing though and what was a seemingly professional company now appears to be manned from a kitchen somewhere with a bunch of with dogs yapping in the background. A professional looking office goes a long way when you’re selling something.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stix said:

Who is going to pay my mortgage whilst I’m at home schooling my children? 

There must be some sort of government grant for home schooling, or does that fall under private education, cos if it does, I’m sure Boris would be keen to help out, handshakes between the legs and all that stuff.

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I keep getting emails from our IT support to say they have all been working from home and it’s the way forward because of the money it’s saving . They’re not offering to reduce their pricing though and what was a seemingly professional company now appears to be manned from a kitchen somewhere with a bunch of with dogs yapping in the background. A professional looking office goes a long way when you’re selling something.

So tell them to be more professional?

A professionally run company will have standard operating procedures regarding its ‘virtual etiquette’. Promptness, ensuring the IT is up to the job, a chair of a virtual meeting etc.

There shouldn’t be any difference

Tell em to keep the bloody dog in a different room for a while

Christ Almighty....

11 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

They haven’t been pulled down - and in three examples they have been used as you’ve said 

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Pulling them down? They are conference centres and university buildings 

It was definitely put on here at some point, there was a video of blokes dismantling the hospital, whether it was only parts of it I don't know, must have been the internal structures.

They removed all the stuff from the NEC Cov or Birmingham one, made it a lot smaller, they'll have to re-open it all up again then or create another space for all the extra patients.

32 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Another quandary & controversal point, what makes you believe,think or be satisfied,

with peoples point of View in blindingly trusting any vaccine,supported by any present Government... 

I said to my family, early as May ,with no other disastrous mittigating differences (I belonging to the so called vulnerable) I for One wouldnt Dive in head first,

I'd rather wait 4-8 months after First Phase of injections have taken place,  & then still ponder  the thought....!!

Wait if you want, take the risk, It's your choice aint it. As long as we can open things up and people have a choice I don't mind what you do.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Completely agree about the last paragraph

When loads of us were learning how to use MS Teams and the such like and only going into base when absolutely essential, Twatty Boris tells us all to stop doing this and all pile back, en masse, into the workplace.

Out of necessity, some of the conversation this year about work has been along the lines of how to work remotely (when possible). What needs to be done, what are the limitations to VPN etc
A load of us have been discussing this new way of working, it’s strengths, it’s limitations and the such like. Workplaces, NHS settings, Educational establishments have all put the wheels into motion to manage this situation as safely as possible

And then Johnson tells us all that working from home, working remotely is no good for us all and we must all go back to the office, to the classroom, to whatever, ASAP

I couldn’t quite believe what I was hearing. 
This government have fooked a lot of stuff up this year but this one took the biscuit.

I imagine that the drop in income from fuel duty is amongst many other reasons, you can’t rebalance the economy overnight. 

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

So tell them to be more professional?

A professionally run company will have standard operating procedures regarding its ‘virtual etiquette’. Promptness, ensuring the IT is up to the job, a chair of a virtual meeting etc.

There shouldn’t be any difference

Tell em to keep the bloody dog in a different room for a while

Christ Almighty....

You get what you get and there’s not a lot you can do about it.

10 hours ago, simFox said:

Even the tide on here is turning. I can only resort to one liner quips now as everything I want to say is already being said.

I think most of the sensible people left this thread a long time ago, chased out by the tinfoil loon brigade who can’t accept that nature has thrown a curveball at us. 

42 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

A good point which has been completely forgotten.

34 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Wait if you want, take the risk, It's your choice aint it. As long as we can open things up and people have a choice I don't mind what you do.

Where is the actual risk, if all information...is a closed bag of nuts, and at present,many of the populace, believe the Govt, is buffooning around...

Cant Think at the moment...I wonder in the last 40yrs how many vaccines for western Europe..have been hit and miss....

I have worked,in other far lands,including VSO , Volunteering to support "Medicins Sans Frontiere, etc"( Non Medical staff,but maintenance) und seen the then quick & important vaccines at that level work effecciently, while  others not quite Living up to the needs,

because of all the various  mitigating issues,nuances of what that type enviroment possible brings.....

If the modern Govts, over Covid had been efficient,competent,forthcoming & trustworthy,like many of the few on the Frontline ( over years).....

THEN..!!!  Why I would even allow you to administor the vaccine...:sweating:

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

You seem to be swimming against the tide on here fella

Not really. It doesn't really matter ultimately what people like us say or think as the Govt will do its own thing anyway. Unless the virus follows a different path this time round, which doesn't look likely unfortunately then we will be facing restrictions. It is good to have healthy debate in any case.

I understand where many are coming from on here but any government's duty is to protect the most vulnerable in society which is the hallmark of any decent civilised country anyway.

As to the rest I happen to know someone who is involved with the SAGE operation and Boris tonight was a clear indication of what may very well be a few weeks down the road. Other poeple in the medical profession were discussing this last week too. Let's hope the current restrictions help. We'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by reynard
  • Like 1