Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

What so you are saying you can’t comment, complain, speak to your manager... nothing?

Come on lad pull the other one 

I haven’t got a manager, lad, and I’m more interested in getting something fixed than having to spend time complaining, lad. What I’m saying is I shouldn’t have it in the first place, but I do, 

19 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I haven’t got a manager, lad, and I’m more interested in getting something fixed than having to spend time complaining, lad. What I’m saying is I shouldn’t have it in the first place, but I do, 

Then why make the original point when a. You don’t want to do anything about it and b. Don’t seem bothered anyway?

If I was having a meeting/conference/teaching session/ any other forum on MSTeams or equivalent, I’d expect all parties to be professional. If they weren’t I’d try to do something about it

Just like a ‘normal’ meeting 

Edited by Col city fan

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Then why make the original point when a. You don’t want to do anything about it and b. Don’t seem bothered anyway?

If I was having a meeting/conference/teaching session/ any other forum on MSTeams or equivalent, I’d expect all parties to be professional. If they weren’t I’d try to do something about it

And end up wasting time on something that’s nothing to do with the meeting and once the meeting is over is inconsequential because the same thing could happen the next time.

12 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I'm not sure why people working from home is a problem, I've been doing it since March and I didn't suddenly forget how to do my job, just the way I did in the office. If people perceive it as less professional that's on them 

Love the new signature lol

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I'm not sure why people working from home is a problem, I've been doing it since March and I didn't suddenly forget how to do my job, just the way I did in the office. If people perceive it as less professional that's on them 

It’s not a problem, it’s a good thing . But why should I pay your company the same for your services when I know that your overheads have gone down, that’s not literal by the way. When you enlist the services of a company you know that part of the costs go towards the cost of running that company, that’s why a solicitor in London charges more than a solicitor in Bradford, but you take that solicitor out of London and stick him/her in Bradford and they can no longer charge the same even though they’re as professional as they were before. It’s the same reason as why you pay more for a bmw from sytner than you do online. 

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

I think most of the sensible people left this thread a long time ago, chased out by the tinfoil loon brigade who can’t accept that nature has thrown a curveball at us. 

I still enjoy poking the loony bears to see what kind of rant you can get out of them, every now and then :beer:

8 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

It’s not a problem, it’s a good thing . But why should I pay your company the same for your services when I know that your overheads have gone down, that’s not literal by the way. When you enlist the services of a company you know that part of the costs go towards the cost of running that company, that’s why a solicitor in London charges more than a solicitor in Bradford, but you take that solicitor out of London and stick him/her in Bradford and they can no longer charge the same even though they’re as professional as they were before. It’s the same reason as why you pay more for a bmw from sytner than you do online. 

Well I wouldn't buy a BMW from anywhere because I don't drive like a cvnt, but I take your point.

And maybe the point you make around pricing will change in the future. But I think companies probably have bigger concerns at the moment, and at the end of the day if you're receiving the same service that you were previously, is it really that big a deal atm? 

10 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

It’s another good point and it will eventually result in reduced wages.Can see it a mile away.

16 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Well I wouldn't buy a BMW from anywhere because I don't drive like a cvnt, but I take your point.

And maybe the point you make around pricing will change in the future. But I think companies probably have bigger concerns at the moment, and at the end of the day if you're receiving the same service that you were previously, is it really that big a deal atm? 

Well yes it is because we’re all looking to survive and cost reductions are part of that and now this virus is starting up again things are going to get tighter.

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

This I agree with, people should work

from home if they can, the government made a mistake encouraging people to return to the office.

1 hour ago, reynard said:

Let's hope the current restrictions help. We'll just have to wait and see.

Some of the ones they're coming up with hardly make any difference, such as closing pubs 2 hours earlier or banning people from entering parks. This will spread through schools and universities like wildfire (as it already is),

I do so much more work at home. I have been to the office a couple times since March and did maybe 10% of what I usually do at home, in my boxers. Our team in general have had our best 2 quarters ever despite losing a chunk of business from covid19. I hope working from home stays around.

On another note, I've been watching the UK gov's response to covid from abroad with utter amazement this whole time. Jokers.

Edited by lgfualol

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/almost-one-third-covid-deaths-155426618.html

'Coronavirus was not the main cause of death for nearly one third of recorded Covid-19 victims in July and August, research by Oxford University has found. 

Analysis shows that around 30 percent of people included in the coronavirus death toll by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) over the summer months had died primarily from other conditions.

It means someone who suffered a heart attack, or even died in a road traffic accident, may have been included in the figures if they had also tested positive for coronavirus at some point, or if doctors believed the virus may have exacerbated their condition.

Throughout the entire pandemic, around one in 13 people currently classed as Covid-19 victims did not have the disease as an underlying cause of death. 

It means 3,877 deaths (7.8 per cent) in which coronavirus was not the primary cause have been included in the figures. In July and August, that number jumped to 28.8 per cent of all registered deaths, meaning Covid-19 was not the main cause of death in 465 of 1,617 recorded victims (listen to the podcast below, which discusses whether Britain's death toll could be set to increase again).'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Spot on

My problem is the mentality and mindframe I put myself in when I walk through the door into work, likewise when I walk into a gym I flick the bodybuilding switch and I'm committed to my workout. While at home I'm relaxing and depending on the circumstances perpetuating other frames of mind to focus my efforts, either on hobbies or family stuff.

My mental attitude doesn't suit WFH because i find it difficult to focus my efforts in way that I feel productive. We are all wired differently, let's not forget.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, simFox said:

My problem is the mentality and mindframe I put myself in when I walk through the door into work, likewise when I walk into a gym I flick the bodybuilding switch and I'm committed to my workout. While at home I'm relaxing and depending on the circumstances perpetuating other frames of mind to focus my efforts, either on hobbies or family stuff.

My mental attitude doesn't suit WFH because i find it difficult to focus my efforts in way that I feel productive. We are all wired differently, let's not forget.

Same for me mate, I’ve been working from home before lockdown was even announced, personally I’d much rather be in the office as I actually quite like the commute to get me in the mindset for work looking like we won’t be back until January. Hope you’re in sooner rather than later mate.

9 hours ago, simFox said:

Aye. Personally I work much better from home as I’ve got zero distractions. At work there’s always someone to talk to, to have ‘banter’ with or to run an idea past

I get more work done on a days WFH than I ever do ‘at work’

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It would surprise me if gyms, pools, restaurants and bars are shut again in a few weeks. Over the winter period I think we will probably be going to work, and that’s it. It’s not going to go back to any kind of consistent normality until a vaccine is rolled out is it really?

If they shut down many parts of ‘normal life’ again then lots of people will have no work to go to ...... and then even some of those that do will end up losing their jobs because demand for services will fall away .....

they will do their utmost to avoid anything more than two week restrictions of bars/restaurants/gyms and I doubt they will shut down shops. 

will be a request to stay home as much as possible - they will want to restrict our domestic social lives and interactions 

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If they shut down many parts of ‘normal life’ again then lots of people will have no work to go to ...... and then even some of those that do will end up losing their jobs because demand for services will fall away .....

they will do their utmost to avoid anything more than two week restrictions of bars/restaurants/gyms and I doubt they will shut down shops. 

will be a request to stay home as much as possible - they will want to restrict our domestic social lives and interactions 

I absolutely agree with you. They will try their best, but if we see a radical increase over the next two weeks will their hands be tied? 

But I agree with your prediction, I think the social aspects of our lives will be asked to be put on hold. I just wonder what approach they will take with gyms for example? Because my gym where has great measures in place, things are slipping slightly, for example were supposed to have hour slots, and a few guys book a few hours, which defeats the objective. My point being are those who go against the grain going to spoil it? 

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I absolutely agree with you. They will try their best, but if we see a radical increase over the next two weeks will their hands be tied? 

But I agree with your prediction, I think the social aspects of our lives will be asked to be put on hold. I just wonder what approach they will take with gyms for example? Because my gym where has great measures in place, things are slipping slightly, for example were supposed to have hour slots, and a few guys book a few hours, which defeats the objective. My point being are those who go against the grain going to spoil it? 

this is what many have been trying to get across - by attempting to retain their ‘freedoms’ those that won’t engage in their  ‘civic duties’ will spoil things for the vast majority .......  can you imagine what would happen if we actually had a national emergency like a war ........some people can’t manage to wear a face covering fgs! 

• Like 1