19 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

It’s not a problem, it’s a good thing . But why should I pay your company the same for your services when I know that your overheads have gone down, that’s not literal by the way. When you enlist the services of a company you know that part of the costs go towards the cost of running that company, that’s why a solicitor in London charges more than a solicitor in Bradford, but you take that solicitor out of London and stick him/her in Bradford and they can no longer charge the same even though they’re as professional as they were before. It’s the same reason as why you pay more for a bmw from sytner than you do online. 

But for that solicitor in London,he will still be playing his "London" costs, buro/secretary/ other staff, direct or indirect......!!!

Edited by fuchsntf
1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

Its the way forward for office type work, having people all travel to a place of work just seems so dated, also WFH would allow more people to work, as for some people the barrier to working is having to travel and work to set hours.

I’m not disputing the advantages.Just pointing out that it will result in yet another contributing factor in our never ending downward spiral.

7 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Why no mention of a third wave? Genuine question, because if we lockdown and suppress the R number again we will be back to where we were and will repeat the whole process again and again.

I think it has been mentioned as historically this is what usually happens.A new virus/disease will keep returning until it either burns itself out or there is a vaccine/cure found.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Why no mention of a third wave? Genuine question, because if we lockdown and suppress the R number again we will be back to where we were and will repeat the whole process again and again.

but we are the civilised, we are the Human race,we can reason,use Common sense, so intelligent & clever the highest member in the chain of life..!!!

We couldnt ever be so consistently foolish, ever again...!!!   I mean we would Never put People like Putin, Trump, or Johnson in power...errm whoooops..! :blush:

But we the populace,the public,the Electorate, wouldnt lose our discipline und cry about holidays in a pandemic that hasnt yet finished its course...

We dont believe,just because the Virus has gone quiet,and slipped around the backdoor,that its Evolved relation hasnt shipped back down the alley,and is again, Knocking on the Front door....

We arent that stupid,to believe it only affects the vulnerable, and if your fit and a Good guy, the covid-bogey man wont come knocking....

I mean all these pub-corner,Barack-lawyers cant be so wrong...

Not forgetting we have so many super-intelligent Covid-conspiracy demonstrators to protect our

rights....

That Covid is Running scared, from those determiniert to Show that those Silly face-masks,are totally unnecessary.

Now coming to Autumn, Flu & pneumonia will bound away with the high death statistics, and a few 10,000 covid  infections with unknown Collateral deaths, is just a Mirror to Keep weak, incompetent governments in control,of a vagabond virile electorate.....

The strong virile 20-55year olds  are ok and will all outlive ,

this crazy Covid controversy politically Made virus, and after-effects...........errm whoops,just the age group,

Doctors confirming, After release,they are returning with....well..errm  those very  intrusive  "what- me" after-effects....!!!

But then again it is Really only a few....

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2
19 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Bit we are the civilised, we are the Human race,we can reason,use Common sense, so intelligent & clever the highest member in the chain of life..!!!

We couldnt ever be so consistently foolish, ever again...!!!   I mean we would Never put People like Putin, Trump, or Johnson in power...errm whoooops..! :blush:

But we the populace,the public,the Electorate, wouldnt lose our discipline und cry about holidays in a pandemic that hasnt yet finished its course...

We dont believe,just because the Virus has gone quiet,and slipped around the backdoor,that its Evolved relation hasnt shipped back down the alley,and is again

Knocking on the Front door....We arent that stupid,to believe it only affects the vulnerable, und if your fit und a Good guy, the covid-bogey man wont come knocking....I mean all these pub-corner,Barack-lawyers cant be so wrong...We have so many super-intelligent Covid-conspiracy demonstrators to protect our

rights....

That Covid is Running scared, from those determiniert to Show that those Silly face-masks,are totally unnecessary.

Now coming to Autumn, Flu & pneumonia will bound away with the high death statistics, and a few 10,000 covid  infections with unknown Collateral deaths,

is just a Mirror to Keep weak, incompetent governments in control,of a vagabond virile electorate.....

The strong virile 20-55year olds  are ok and will all outlive ,this crazy Covid controversy politically Made virus, and after-effects....errm whoops,just the age group,

Doctors confirming, After release,they are returning with....well..der  those very  intrusive  "what- me" after-effects....!!!

Bit then again it is Really only a few....

:appl:Super post 

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Bit we are the civilised, we are the Human race,we can reason,use Common sense, so intelligent & clever the highest member in the chain of life..!!!

We dont believe,just because the Virus has gone quiet,and slipped around the backdoor,that its Evolved relation hasnt shipped back down the alley,and is again, Knocking on the Front door....

We arent that stupid,to believe it only affects the vulnerable, and if your fit and a Good guy, the covid-bogey man wont come knocking....

I mean all these pub-corner,Barack-lawyers cant be so wrong...

Not forgetting we have so many super-intelligent Covid-conspiracy demonstrators to protect our

rights....

Now coming to Autumn, Flu & pneumonia will bound away with the high death statistics, and a few 10,000 covid  infections with unknown Collateral deaths, is just a Mirror to Keep weak, incompetent governments in control,of a vagabond virile electorate.....

The strong virile 20-55year olds  are ok and will all outlive ,

this crazy Covid controversy politically Made virus, and after-effects...........errm whoops,just the age group,

Doctors confirming, After release,they are returning with....well..errm  those very  intrusive  "what- me" after-effects....!!!

But then again it is Really only a few....

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

:appl:Super post 

Yes, good post. but please try and use a spell checker before you submit your post. No disrespect to you, though. Just might make your posts easier to read.

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

Yes, good post. but please try and use a spell checker before you submit your post. No disrespect to you, though. Just might make your posts easier to read.

I have learned to decipher over the years, and make allowances for many factors which have become apparent :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

Sorry mate,but I am Running 3 keyboards,conversing across a few languages.....Tablets are unforgiving...

my given spelling in any language is usually faultless but when released/delivered...Sometimes I can re-edit, sometimes..heyho..!!

I sent a short essay to my nephew a while back..to see if there were incorrect spellings after sending,I had already took my own copy & compared..I did it 3 times, one clear and ok, the other Two a few spelling inaccuracies or even different words..

And that was after returning to English keyboard...But I have also seen some others have incorrect wording..

So my life ain't about flying around UK to correct my original posts on various blogs or forums..Though I am more diligent when I am Emailing officious communications..

So to many, don't believe what you may thought you sent, you will have even with spell check regurgitated errors....

Edited by fuchsntf
4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Sorry mate,but I am Running 3 keyboards,conversing across a few languages.....Tablet are unforgiving...:(

I think Google translate needs a fuchsntf function :D

3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

If we weren't close to a vaccine, I don't think we'd be entertaining the idea a second lockdown. But it seems we are close. So we get through winter, and we've seen the virus doesn't do well in summer, so we buy time until next October to get a vaccine rolled out.

3 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Just a cycle of lockdowns is not the answer. Economy will literally be ruined. 

assume the lockdowns will be less severe and only a couple, weeks at a time ...... shutting everything down for three months was horrendous for the economy.  Short fortnight shocks may just about be able to be withstood .... 

people in ICU in U.K. now approx 140.  A week or so ago it was under 70. 

I'm struggling to work out what's the alternative strategy to re-imposing tighter restrictions. Do we pretend that the virus has gone away, don't give it any publicity, and let thousands more from the older generations die? I'm starting to think that some from the younger generations would be happy for that to happen. And trying to play down the statistics all the while can't hide the fact that 64,000 excess deaths have occurred in the UK since February.   

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, String fellow said:

I'm struggling to work out what's the alternative strategy to re-imposing tighter restrictions. Do we pretend that the virus has gone away, don't give it any publicity, and let thousands more from the older generations die? I'm starting to think that some from the younger generations would be happy for that to happen. And trying to play down the statistics all the while can't hide the fact that 64,000 excess deaths have occurred in the UK since February.   

The younger generation are having their future ruined in fairness. Some would say we are spoiling the lives of 90% of people for the benefit of 10%.

Surely there is a way of isolating and keeping the vulnerable in a lockdown that allows life to go on in relative normal for the majority.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

The younger generation are having their future ruined in fairness. Some would say we are spoiling the lives of 90% of people for the benefit of 10%.

Surely there is a way of isolating and keeping the vulnerable in a lockdown that allows life to go on in relative normal for the majority.

The younger generation seems to be the flavour of the month, cases are on the rise across a lot of different age groups, they’re also the second hardest hit (factoring those poor souls who passed away). Part of the problem with the 3 month lockdown was it was inevitable that as soon as it was eased there would be a spike. Mentally and physically the effects of it have hit everyone and people do want to get back to some form of normality. For me if there is another lockdown it needs to be short and specifically focussed on giving hospitals time to prep, actually ring fencing care homes and getting a test and trace tool working. Otherwise we’ll just repeat the same thing every couple of months. 

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Spot on. As shit as it is, that's the best way forward IMO, while still doing the hand washing, the social distancing, the mask wearing and being cautious.

16 minutes ago, Shram said:

The younger generation seems to be the flavour of the month, cases are on the rise across a lot of different age groups, they’re also the second hardest hit (factoring those poor souls who passed away). Part of the problem with the 3 month lockdown was it was inevitable that as soon as it was eased there would be a spike. Mentally and physically the effects of it have hit everyone and people do want to get back to some form of normality. For me if there is another lockdown it needs to be short and specifically focussed on giving hospitals time to prep, actually ring fencing care homes and getting a test and trace tool working. Otherwise we’ll just repeat the same thing every couple of months. 

They had 6 months to specifically do all that to be fair, they'll need many more months to get it all prepared and working properly.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

The number of people purely focussing on actual deaths continues to astound me too. There is so much information coming out about the potential long term health implications for people who have been infected, even those who are not particularly ill, or even show no symptoms at all. There are studies which have found multiple organ damage, mental impairment, chronic fatigue, all life changing, but hey, they're not dead so let's all get back to normal. The long term damage is quite frightening if people could actually be bothered to read it, but sadly some seem to just want to bury their heads in the sand, or just look at the numbers of actual deaths.

Unfortunately keeping this at bay as best we can relies on the majority having some kind of moral responsibility, which seems to be lacking in so many people these day.  If we carry on like this it won't be long before the NHS is overwhelmed again, as is already coming close in France and Spain. 

It’s all beginning to make sense....

I don't buy into the idea that members of the younger generation are having their futures ruined by steps to control the virus. It's the virus itself that could ruin their futures, as a result of catching it and possibly suffering long-term health damage. Furthermore, any gaps in their education can be filled in later on, especially if, like me, they learn almost everything they need to know in life during adulthood. And that's true more than ever now, thanks to the internet.

• Like 2