Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

26 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

Just as a vaccine shouldn't be 'forced' on to us by threatening to remove our freedoms with vaccine passports. 

They're not removing your freedoms, they're just not going to allow you to go where people who have been vaccinated can go.

6 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

So there's a campaign to increase the take up of the vaccine in younger people. Young people that have no way of accessing said vaccine if they're healthy. 

Honestly how many people were involved in that process and not one of them thought "actually shall we wait until younger people have actually started getting the vaccine and see what the take up is like, before treating them all like twats?". 

I don't know anyone in their 20s who will flat out refuse the jab when we eventually get offered it. 

I think the campaign was saying ‘when it is your turn’ not telling them to do it now.

Get people on board now, and they can accept the jab when it is available.

So we're now 2 weeks on from non-essential retail being able to open, as well as outdoor visits with family and friends. That's just the 'official' goings on too, we all know people who've started mixing indoors again. No impact yet on the figures, not even on cases, yet. Very very promising!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

So there's a campaign to increase the take up of the vaccine in younger people. Young people that have no way of accessing said vaccine if they're healthy. 

Honestly how many people were involved in that process and not one of them thought "actually shall we wait until younger people have actually started getting the vaccine and see what the take up is like, before treating them all like twats?". 

I don't know anyone in their 20s who will flat out refuse the jab when we eventually get offered it. 

Don't know why they are promoting it so heavily to the young when they are largely unaffected by covid. 

Resources would be better spent elsewhere. 

19 minutes ago, Otis said:

Don't know why they are promoting it so heavily to the young when they are largely unaffected by covid. 

Resources would be better spent elsewhere. 

This is where it gets interesting ....

btw, do you know anyone in their twenties/thirties affected by long covid or a post viral syndrome from covid?  Whilst the vast majority are indeed unaffected, I think the risk they do face is very underplayed by the MSM ......

even allowing for that, taking a vaccine when you don’t consider yourself to be at any risk is quite a challenge for the authorities to get into ...

36 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

This is where it gets interesting ....

btw, do you know anyone in their twenties/thirties affected by long covid or a post viral syndrome from covid?  Whilst the vast majority are indeed unaffected, I think the risk they do face is very underplayed by the MSM ......

even allowing for that, taking a vaccine when you don’t consider yourself to be at any risk is quite a challenge for the authorities to get into ...

Only 1 or 2 people very mild symptoms, not sure if it would even be classed as long covid.

The authorities don't promote the flu vaccine to those who aren't high risk. Where the take up of this covid vaccine is what... 95%+ over all ages, even though those under 60yrs pose very little risk. So there is no short of people taking it.

Like i said resouces could be better spent in or parts of the NHS, especially now Covid is all but over in this country.

6 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

I agree, so why are people who have had the vaccine or even both vaccines still told to be careful.

Just now, Otis said:

I agree, so why are people who have had the vaccine or even both vaccines still told to be careful.

Because it doesn’t stop you 100% from either contracting it, or passing it on, just vastly reduces your chances.

1 minute ago, Big Dave said:

Because it doesn’t stop you 100% from either contracting it, or passing it on, just vastly reduces your chances.

So this is never ending then?

Because we aren't getting a vaccine any better than what we have now.

1 minute ago, Otis said:

So this is never ending then?

Because we aren't getting a vaccine any better than what we have now.

I doubt we will ever get rid of Covid - a bit like Flu.  I can see us having regular boosters for different mutations.

The more people that have the vaccine, the better. If we are all still a little careful (for the time being, anyway) it will control the numbers to low, manageable levels.

Just now, Big Dave said:

I doubt we will ever get rid of Covid - a bit like Flu.  I can see us having regular boosters for different mutations.

The more people that have the vaccine, the better. If we are all still a little careful (for the time being, anyway) it will control the numbers to low, manageable levels.

Here's hoping Dave. Although we are already at manageable levels. We just need to get on with life now.

Guest Harrydc

For anyone that believes the world economic Forum is irrelevant in this and we're not heading towards the 'Great Reset', watch this. Their slogan is 'build back better'. Yes, it's taken from Twitter. But the clips in this video are some of the worlds 'leaders' 

Edited by Harrydc

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/28-day-definition-covid-deaths-could-distort-vaccine-success-data-warn-scientists-973655

'The daily tally of coronavirus deaths within 28 days of a positive test is likely to be dropped after scientific advisers warned the Government it will become an increasingly inaccurate measure of the pandemic and vaccine success.'

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

For anyone that believes the world economic Forum is irrelevant in this and we're not heading towards the 'Great Reset', watch this. Their slogan is 'build back better'. Yes, it's taken from Twitter. But the clips in this video are some of the worlds 'leaders' 

The best part of that video, assuming that the WEF conspiracy is real, is that you have all these very powerful people.....and Layla Moran of the Liberal Democrats involved in this :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/28-day-definition-covid-deaths-could-distort-vaccine-success-data-warn-scientists-973655

'The daily tally of coronavirus deaths within 28 days of a positive test is likely to be dropped after scientific advisers warned the Government it will become an increasingly inaccurate measure of the pandemic and vaccine success.'

That's good news. Like I said a few days ago surely we can be more accurate now. 

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I fear they'll just pause it. It'll return for sure.

19 minutes ago, String fellow said:

As of 20th April, the NextStrain website has the global case rate of the 20I/501Y.V1 clade of SARS-CoV-2 standing at 53%. So the Kent variant now appears to account for more than half of the world's total number of cases, or rather it did a week ago.

https://nextstrain.org/ncov/global

Another reason to dislike Kent

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

That's good news. Like I said a few days ago surely we can be more accurate now. 

4 minutes ago, Soup said:

I fear they'll just pause it. It'll return for sure.

I think it'll go and never reappear, it'll make the vaccines look even better, whereas before it was giving more justification for lockdowns.

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think it'll go and never reappear, it'll make the vaccines look even better, whereas before it was giving more justification for lockdowns.

Well I truly hope so mate. I don't enjoy being a miserable ****er. Maybe I'm gearing myself up for the worse, I don't know.

Christ, I just had a little delve into the echo chamber attached to Harry's tweet. I can see how people can easily get sucked into it when you're reading so many people so confident in their opinion. I saw the phrase "do your research" so many times lol

• Haha 2