Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

On 24/04/2021 at 19:34, Shane said:

Lots of people protesting in London

Have they got any idea of the reality of it all? 

Do they know what's happening in India.

Ignorant, stupid, selfish. If we get a 3rd wave, these idiots have a lot of culpability

4 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

So the 'save football' protests were okay?

Because I don't recall seeing too many complaints on here. 

Even COVID knows the score when it comes to protesting against the Super League

(from a non-Covid fan) 

5 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

So the 'save football' protests were okay?

Because I don't recall seeing too many complaints on here. 

Firstly, look at the comparisons in size. A few hundred/ thousand compared to 500k - 1 million. Potentially around 10 to 100x more in the anti lockdown protests. 

The footballing ones weren't good by any means, but the anti lockdown ones are in a completely different magnitude. All when lockdown is ending?

So there's a campaign to increase the take up of the vaccine in younger people. Young people that have no way of accessing said vaccine if they're healthy. 

Honestly how many people were involved in that process and not one of them thought "actually shall we wait until younger people have actually started getting the vaccine and see what the take up is like, before treating them all like twats?". 

I don't know anyone in their 20s who will flat out refuse the jab when we eventually get offered it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

So there's a campaign to increase the take up of the vaccine in younger people. Young people that have no way of accessing said vaccine if they're healthy. 

Honestly how many people were involved in that process and not one of them thought "actually shall we wait until younger people have actually started getting the vaccine and see what the take up is like, before treating them all like twats?". 

I don't know anyone in their 20s who will flat out refuse the jab when we eventually get offered it. 

I think they are running the campaign because recent polls showed a significant portion of young people didn't want it. With that said I agree, there were a couple of people at work chatting large about not getting it, muh immune system is massiv etc etc yet when they were offered it they took it. Better to wait to see what the take up is before burning cash of something that might not be necessary. 

On 24/04/2021 at 07:09, reynard said:

Personally I don't know why we don't do like Australia and New Zealand have done and effectively close down the borders for the next 6 months until the almost certain autumn vaccine top ups can be given out.

Are we still on this?  Australia and NZ are not completely reliant on thousand of trucks and drivers coming in and out of the country every single day of the year for everything from food to medicines.  It is completely impossible for us to do what they did.  Even if we could have done it, Covid was already here by the time we could have done, and this would not have eradicated it from the population.

43 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'm not sure waiting for the vaccine centres to be sitting empty is the right plan when the polls show a much lower takeup.  To be fair, the people not now vaccinated mostly don't need it themselves, so we will rely on them wanting to help the country reach herd immunity.  If that means an education campaign then clearly this is the time.

17 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I'm not sure waiting for the vaccine centres to be sitting empty is the right plan when the polls show a much lower takeup.  To be fair, the people not now vaccinated mostly don't need it themselves, so we will rely on them wanting to help the country reach herd immunity.  If that means an education campaign then clearly this is the time.

Easy to say you won't get it now, harder to stick to it when all your mates are off to Ibiza and you need a jab to get on the plane for example. There are other demographics where the take up has been equal or less than what the polls are suggesting for younger people. 

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

....all the highly amusing mayhem got 86ed then? Shame, I didn't get to see the denouement.

Full force category 5 Dunning Kruger effect. Some conspiratorially addled scientifically illiterate clown afflicted by gross illusory superiority telling people how they should learn whist ironically parroting the obligatory YT bollocks about Kary Mullis, WEF/Agenda 2030, vaccinations and something to do with SARS-CoV-19 not actually existing in the first place. 

Imagine half a million of these people gathered in one place. 

41 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Full force category 5 Dunning Kruger effect. Some conspiratorially addled scientifically illiterate clown afflicted by gross illusory superiority telling people how they should learn whist ironically parroting the obligatory YT bollocks about Kary Mullis, WEF/Agenda 2030, vaccinations and something to do with SARS-CoV-19 not actually existing in the first place. 

Imagine half a million of these people gathered in one place. 

I saw the start, just wish I'd seen the end.

27 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, no matter how ridiculous it is.

There's that word again. They are indeed - doesn't make it valid and it doesn't mean that they should force it on others and attempt to pass it off as 'fact'. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, no matter how ridiculous it is.

By the same token, the more ridiculous it is, the more anyone should expect that person, even themselves, to be questioned on it.

Guest Harrydc
52 minutes ago, Line-X said:

There's that word again. They are indeed - doesn't make it valid and it doesn't mean that they should force it on others and attempt to pass it off as 'fact'. 

Just as a vaccine shouldn't be 'forced' on to us by threatening to remove our freedoms with vaccine passports. 

17 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

Just as a vaccine shouldn't be 'forced' on to us by threatening to remove our freedoms with vaccine passports. 

Not sure of the parallels here regarding "opinion" asserted over fact.

But anyway, you have already stated your intention not to partake in the programme. Therefore the responsibility lies with you not to force your decision on others by avoiding indoor gatherings and travel abroad regardless - irrespective of the possibility of vaccine passports. The latter are intended to make it easier to relax social distancing and open up international travel.

To remind you, it was a highly contagious viral pandemic that "removed our freedoms" - I'm confident that most, if not all will be restored through vaccination. In some parts of the world, less so. 

• Like 2