Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 minute ago, Harrydc said:

The government decides where I can go. 

The government decides what I can and can't wear. 

The government decides if I can see my family or not. 

The government decides if I can see my friends or not. 

The 'police have powers to break up unlawful gatherings'. 

I don't need fancy words to back up my views @Line-X

It's right in front of your eyes. If that doesn't sound 'totalitarian' to you then what does it sound like? 

For our own good?

Because let me tell you now - it's not done me any good. 

Maybe it’s not all about you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

No, that would be Covid-19

A face mask in an indoor public place or on public transport.

And currently you can, if you abide by restrictions owing to highly contagious virus which are planned to be relaxed further over the coming months

The clue's in the word "unlawful"

No you don't, but some accuracy and some facts would be nice for a change. As I said, "your views" on this matter are utterly irrelevant - as are mine - the UK is not under totalitarian rule nor does it resemble anything remotely like it. 

It's right in front of your eyes. If that doesn't sound 'totalitarian' to you then what does it sound like? 

A very ignorant, closed minded, opinionated, naive and actually arrogant individual on a football forum that still doesn't understand what the term "totalitarian" actually means or wishes to learn. 

For our own good?

As has just been pointed out - it isn't just about you. 

And actually, as your posts are ample testimony to - you are it seems your own worst enemy. I assure you that you do have a future and things will change. In the meantime, try and take stock of what you currently do have and be thankful for it. 

Edited by Line-X

15 hours ago, Harrydc said:

For our own good?

If we were in a totalitarian state you wouldn't have been able to post this comment.  It sounds like you enjoy using extreme words to amplify your point and aren't too bothered about accuracy.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Harrydc said:

For our own good?

eh. Totalitarian is when a ruling body can't be voted out because there's no opposition allowed. You could vote Labour in the next election if you wanted to.

Guest Harrydc
1 minute ago, DennisNedry said:

You all realise the reason deaths are currently so low is due to the measures (i.e vaccines and lockdown) we've endured over the past 4 months or so. Both of which you disagree with @Harrydc

Boris Johnson literally said last week that it's not the vaccination programme which has caused this decrease in deaths and hospitalisations - 'it's the lockdown' . 

His words, not mine. So, I'm believing he's preparing us for 'lockdown 4'. Why are they forcing the vaccine on us if is hasn't contributed? Why the talk of vaccine passports? 

I wasn't against the lockdown at first. By that, I mean March 2020. 

But a year on, and the prospect of going into another one.. Yes I'm 100% against them. As for vaccines, I don't disagree with them but I don't feel people should have their freedoms removed for choosing not to put something experemental into their body which is still in trials until 2023. 

It would have to take something bloody catastrophic to get another lockdown. Genuinely I think it'd take deaths moving up to 100 a day to get it to happen. 

As I've noted before, the hardest part now is readjusting to everything. We've spent long enough getting used to one way of life that it's going to be weird going back. Another couple of years before we all feel "normal" again, by which point we'll probably look back and go "was it really only 18 months?"

50 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

Boris Johnson literally said last week that it's not the vaccination programme which has caused this decrease in deaths and hospitalisations - 'it's the lockdown' . 

His words, not mine. So, I'm believing he's preparing us for 'lockdown 4'. Why are they forcing the vaccine on us if is hasn't contributed? Why the talk of vaccine passports? 

But a year on, and the prospect of going into another one.. Yes I'm 100% against them. As for vaccines, I don't disagree with them but I don't feel people should have their freedoms removed for choosing not to put something experemental into their body which is still in trials until 2023. 

Yeah he did say that, but he was (partly) wrong. Lockdown had the bigger impact purely because it takes ages to roll out a vaccination programme so it only started making a noticeable impact recently. But now we're through the 'vulnerable' cohorts and will reach all adults in summer, combined with boosters for the vulnerable annually to cover off variants, vaccines will ensure Covid becomes a seasonal disease like flu that we just 'get on with'.

For me on the vaccines, I never really question medical professionals. I've had the flu jab and never questioned it. I had MMR and never questioned it. My pregnant wife just had her whooping cough vaccine and we didn't question it. You might argue the Covid vaccine was developed very quickly but if it's approved by our medical regulators, that's good enough for me. Maybe you think I'm a sheep for saying that. 

Edited by DennisNedry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Harrydc said:

Do you believe everything you hear, no less from a politician?

Guest Harrydc
1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Do you believe everything you hear, no less from a politician?

No, I don't believe anything I hear as I don't believe it's about a virus anymore as previously stated. 

22 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

No, I don't believe anything I hear as I don't believe it's about a virus anymore as previously stated. 

But you just believed what Johnson said and have presumed this now means a 4th lockdown?

2 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

It would have to take something bloody catastrophic to get another lockdown. Genuinely I think it'd take deaths moving up to 100 a day to get it to happen. 

As I've noted before, the hardest part now is readjusting to everything. We've spent long enough getting used to one way of life that it's going to be weird going back. Another couple of years before we all feel "normal" again, by which point we'll probably look back and go "was it really only 18 months?"

No chance we lockdown with 100 deaths average ....  would need to be accelerating beyond 250/300 in tandem with too many hospitalisations for them to do it.  And unless things go terribly awry, that won’t happen

Israel removed the masks outside restrictions today ....

29 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

33 deaths today, 1973 patients in hospital, 318 on ventilators, 33m first doses in total now, 10,4m second doses.

We should have all of the first four priority groups (15m or so) given a second dose by the end of next week.

Slight increase in cases today on a weekly comparison but still great news, now that a good chunk of kids are back school and being tested regularly. No huge increase with 10% more testing in today’s figures