Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

Somebody mentioned to me today that lab tests of the Indian variant suggest vaccines are pretty ineffective.

No idea if there’s any truth in that and she was particularly clear to n saying that lab results don’t always reflect real world stuff but wondered if anybody had anything on this?

29 minutes ago, Nick said:

Somebody mentioned to me today that lab tests of the Indian variant suggest vaccines are pretty ineffective.

No idea if there’s any truth in that and she was particularly clear to n saying that lab results don’t always reflect real world stuff but wondered if anybody had anything on this?

Pretty sure I heard the opposite ref the Indian variant ...... but the stuff about lab tests not being a conclusive test of this is correct ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Also Heathrow have an operational Covid cleaning robot- if anybody has info on this I’m keen to know more!  Have a photo of air crew next to it in a kinda glass case but I’m keen to know how it works!

I saw that on Britian's Busiest Airport on ITV a couple of months ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/technology-53525018

• Thanks 1

2nd jab yesterday morning. Felt a bit tired yesterday evening when out for a walk, but main side effects were a crazily restless night with mad, vivid dreams when I did manage to sleep. Don't feel too bad this morning.

Bonus points to the doctor who administered it, literally didn't feel it, first time I've ever had a needle like that

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nick said:

There appears to have been a snippet of information from somewhere and people/news outlets have put their own spin on it; whether positive or negative.

I'm sure we will know more in the coming days and weeks; but the pictures coming out of India are absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nick said:

Which is why everyone in the country needs vaccinating and why we need to put strict border controls in place and forget about holidays abroad for a few years. If we can halt the current virus in the uk , we can prevent  mutations in the virus, something i've been trying to argue with a couple of young lads at work who seem to think that that they don't need to take the vaccine because they won't suffer too much if they do catch covid. The reason for mutations is because people can catch covd.

4 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

This may help in answering Leicester's lack of uptake, the thing that got me was a Hindu priest telling his peeps not to take the vacs until he says so.

https://youtu.be/FVpaCyO8f5ohttps://youtu.be/FVpaCyO8f5o

From the very early days of this pandemic, an Hindu colleague of mine had sent me couple of ways to 'protect yourself' from Covid.

They were ludicrous, fanciful nonsense. Pure unadulterated quackery.

But, apparently, were doing the rounds in the Asian community.

Sadly, his brother died from Covid a couple of weeks ago and I can't help wondering if he had followed the same preventative 'advice'.

2 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

From the very early days of this pandemic, an Hindu colleague of mine had sent me couple of ways to 'protect yourself' from Covid.

Sadly, his brother died from Covid a couple of weeks ago and I can't help wondering if he had followed the same preventative 'advice'.

This is in birmingham bro,.we have loads more Hindus in Leicester.

19 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Yep. Can confirm I've had such whatsapp messages from.my sikh heritage boss

That said, I've  had other circular messages with news of tonic water and vitamin D etc from white British too

23 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

This is one of the reasons I was so glad the great people at the Leicester racecourse are using this and not the AZ!

Has the racecourse vaccination Centre closed down now? I cycled past 2 weeks ago and there was no stewards or barriers. Everything packed up.

11 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Has the racecourse vaccination Centre closed down now? I cycled past 2 weeks ago and there was no stewards or barriers. Everything packed up.

I was there yesterday.  Queues on the field before parking round the back.  Excellent operation all round.  Very slick.  Doing the Pfizer jabs and over 24 hrs later still feel fine apart from a sore arm now and again.  Another mate of mine has had a reaction to the AZ, I don't know anyone who hasn't felt rough after it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I was there yesterday.  Queues on the field before parking round the back.  Excellent operation all round.  Very slick.  Doing the Pfizer jabs and over 24 hrs later still feel fine apart from a sore arm now and again.  Another mate of mine has had a reaction to the AZ, I don't know anyone who hasn't felt rough after it.

I went have a look on the NHS site and strangely there was a couple of chemists in Leicester, 1 in Coalville and the Derby Arena...and that was it. So added to the fact the racecourse was empty 2 Saturdays ago, I'd presumed the whole thing had closed down

3 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I had the AZ vaccine, as did both my brothers and the man whose office I share, and none of us felt a thing.  My mother had the Pfizer jab, twice, and she never felt a thing either.

Edited by dsr-burnley
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the vast majority have had little or no adverse reaction to the vaccine but it’s often those who do suffer most (and of course some have died to from blood clots tragically ) that speak the loudest to get their experiences across.

I had my 2nd one on Thursday and had no ill effects at all.

Whereas a friend spent most of that night telling me someone he knew was really ill in bed with the “flu” and being sick after the vaccine.