Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Investments, stocks, shares

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/06/2021 at 18:59, Benguin said:

Nah, I sold not long after that post as I just couldn't understand the delay in assays unless it was bad news. I don't think the assays were horrendous though so might go back in if it goes below 3. 

Did you end up joining in again around 3? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hows everybody getting on? I made a fair bit of money selling off the shares I had in random companies when I first signed up to Trading212 so put these into the renewable and green sector a few months ago, now rising nicely and hopefully will continue to do so especially following COP26 - built a very Environmentally Friendly portfolio. 

If anybody wants free shares on signup by the way you can use my link, it still appears to be valid but I know some of you used it earlier in the year

www.trading212.com/invite/Fz6Wc6oo

11 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Hows everybody getting on? I made a fair bit of money selling off the shares I had in random companies when I first signed up to Trading212 so put these into the renewable and green sector a few months ago, now rising nicely and hopefully will continue to do so especially following COP26 - built a very Environmentally Friendly portfolio. 

If anybody wants free shares on signup by the way you can use my link, it still appears to be valid but I know some of you used it earlier in the year

www.trading212.com/invite/Fz6Wc6oo

Which mainstream companies, if any have you invested in which are eco friendly?

2 minutes ago, Raj said:

Which mainstream companies, if any have you invested in which are eco friendly?

I've got shares in Nordex, Powerhouse, TPI Composites, AFC Energy and a few other smaller start-ups. Not necessarilly eco-friendly in manufacturing but in producing turbines etc will hopefully make the planet a better place, energy wise at least, in the future. Want to invest in Tidal and Wave Power start-ups but barely any on the Trading212 platform sadly.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SecretPro said:

I've got shares in Nordex, Powerhouse, TPI Composites, AFC Energy and a few other smaller start-ups. Not necessarilly eco-friendly in manufacturing but in producing turbines etc will hopefully make the planet a better place, energy wise at least, in the future. Want to invest in Tidal and Wave Power start-ups but barely any on the Trading212 platform sadly.  

Arent these energy firms high risk considering  what's happening in the energy market of late?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Raj said:

Arent these energy firms high risk considering  what's happening in the energy market of late?

Potentially yes

But with an obvious need to transfer over to renewables, and fast, and with the committments being made at COP26 there is likely to be considerable growth in the green energy sector in comparrison to traditional OIL/GAS stocks. There will of course be some losers, especially the start-ups which miss big contracts, but likewise there are likely to be some massive winners - picking which ones is a different skill altogether (and one that I don't possess). I wouldn;t be buying shares in Energy Providers though in the tradition sense (like British Gas, Octopus etc) as like you say, they are in crisis - better bet to focus mainly on the manufacturing, technological development companies instead.

I'm focussing on Wind and Green Hydrogen in particular as these have the biggest room for Growth. Also Watse Managements systems/Companies looking into gassification of waste products is likely to be a good bet for a growing sector. 

• Like 1

Just moving my pension into the ESG version of the portfolio it was in already, after realising that the former has beaten it hands down performance wise over the last 3 years. Who says tree hugging doesn't pay?

Seriously though, capital is supposedly flowing now very much in the direction of more responsible firms so that's increasingly where strong returns are expected to come from.

Upped the risk level a bit while I'm at it, in the hope it goes my way and I can retire a bit earlier

Edited by Bellend Sebastian
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Hefty profit this morning on Marks and Spencer shares. I bought April 2020 and held since now - paid off big time :)

Sell sell sell. Updated profit forecast has pushed the price up but M and S also warning of supply chain issues coming so that price may drop off again

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Sell sell sell. Updated profit forecast has pushed the price up but M and S also warning of supply chain issues coming so that price may drop off again

Yep - already sold! 

Bought at risk but as retail flourished due to online sales, I held on to see how far it went. This morning, I dropped as fast as I could - that is next years holiday sorted :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BroughtonFox said:

What’s the best app to use to buy shares in companies then? I’m new to all this but want to get involved more. Looks interesting 

I've just started using the app 'Freetrade' but I'm quite new to shares etc. 

It seems really simple to add money to your account and buy shares and I've bought a few here and there for pocket money figures. Only issue I have is that when I go searching for companies to invest in, there's a lot not currently on there. It has all the big guns you'd expect but smaller ones I want to invest in early doors are hard to find. I do think its relatively new as an app though.

Not sure if anyone uses any better ones at all?

11 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

What’s the best app to use to buy shares in companies then? I’m new to all this but want to get involved more. Looks interesting 

Trading212 is an absolute doddle both on laptop and smart phone app - if you use my link to sign up we both get shares in a random company worth upto £100 (but usually worth around £12-20) and if you don;t want to keep the shares you can flog them and be in profit straight away. The link is www.trading212.com/invite/Fz6Wc6oo  dead easy layout on there and the practice tools are pretty useful. Also plenty of Markets on there and 1000's of instruments/companies to invest in, from the big boys to start-ups and they seem to add new ones fairly regularly.

Edited by SecretPro

• 2 months later...