Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Investments, stocks, shares

Completely new to the whole crypto currency thing. I am using an app called binance...so before i invest a small amount of money has anyone got any good advice as to what i should invest in?

I thought rather than wasting money on skybet each week the money i would've gambled i will now invest in this for a period of time and see how things go.

Would anyone else recommend a different app to the one i am using? 

Edited by lee7

10 hours ago, lee7 said:

Completely new to the whole crypto currency thing. I am using an app called binance...so before i invest a small amount of money has anyone got any good advice as to what i should invest in?

I thought rather than wasting money on skybet each week the money i would've gambled i will now invest in this for a period of time and see how things go.

Binance is probably the best exchange, but if you are looking at holding long term, you should use a cold storage wallet such as ledger nano for maximum security.

Honestly the best time would have literally been last Sunday as everything crashed but it’s still a good time to invest as it’s taking a while to build back up.

In terms of what to invest in, have a read up and find a project you believe in. BTC ETH and ADA are good relatively safe long term investments imo. I personally am holding mostly Dogecoin which many will be sceptical about but it’s resilience is undeniable and I believe big things are coming for it soon (keep an eye on the coinbase listing in a few weeks.)

None of this is financial advice.

• Like 3

Bought shares in AMC who own cinemas in US at 13p a couple of months ago, it's now 28p due to a similar thing by reddit users what happened to Gamestop.

Should be interesting  where this ends!!!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

Binance is probably the best exchange, but if you are looking at holding long term, you should use a cold storage wallet such as ledger nano for maximum security.

Honestly the best time would have literally been last Sunday as everything crashed but it’s still a good time to invest as it’s taking a while to build back up.

In terms of what to invest in, have a read up and find a project you believe in. BTC ETH and ADA are good relatively safe long term investments imo. I personally am holding mostly Dogecoin which many will be sceptical about but it’s resilience is undeniable and I believe big things are coming for it soon (keep an eye on the coinbase listing in a few weeks.)

None of this is financial advice.

Thankyou for your reply! 

ADA is another one that a lot of people that i know seem to be putting their money into but as you say it's more of a long term investment than a get rich quick type of thing.

A few friends have also done well with Dogecoin in the past. I think as someone new to all this i find it hard to know at what price to buy 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

AMC's doing well...

Glad I flogged mine for $7.31 back in Feb!  Joking aside, genuinely not sure my heart can take another GME experience.  Wallet sad, mental wellbeing happy!

On 27/05/2021 at 20:43, Raj said:

Bought shares in AMC who own cinemas in US at 13p a couple of months ago, it's now 28p due to a similar thing by reddit users what happened to Gamestop.

Decent punt...now its 60p...will ride this b1tch for a while, see what happens!!!

On 27/05/2021 at 20:43, Raj said:

2 hours ago, Raj said:

Decent punt...now its 60p...will ride this b1tch for a while, see what happens!!!

I bought 20 AMC shares for $16 each at the end of January. Today they have jumped up to $64 each, so currently quadruple the value I paid.

Are you talking about the same shares? 13p, 28p, 60p?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I bought 20 AMC shares for $16 each at the end of January. Today they have jumped up to $64 each, so currently quadruple the value I paid.

Are you talking about the same shares? 13p, 28p, 60p?

Yes mate same shares AMC hokdings(Sorry I've used pence instead of $$$), owners of cinemas in USA. Apparently  its like the GME/Reddit stuff..whatever that means!!!

Anyway it's back down to  $40.

I've sold some at $53 to get my initial allocation near enough back, the rest can ride the storm!!!!

3 hours ago, Raj said:

Yes mate same shares AMC hokdings(Sorry I've used pence instead of $$$), owners of cinemas in USA. Apparently  its like the GME/Reddit stuff..whatever that means!!!

Anyway it's back down to  $40.

I've sold some at $53 to get my initial allocation near enough back, the rest can ride the storm!!!!

I'm on AMC, Gamestop, Blackberry and Virgin Galactic. 

Made about 2 months salary this week lol

• Like 2

BUT @tom27111 remember its only paper money UNTIL you decide to sell and the money's in your pocket!

I know people with literally thousands at stake on AMC praying it'll get to $200+, one lad thinks itll get to $1000!!!.

Thing is most of these guys bought at $20 or way less and are already on a good profit.

I just hope for their sakes, and I e told them this, they dont get TOO greedy!

ABIT of profit in your account is better than saying you nearly had $$$$$$

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/05/2021 at 07:42, Benguin said:

CB recently purchased 1 million shares and he would be breaking the law to do so if they had the results. I suspect that either there has been a delay or they are waiting to collate and release them all together following the IP survey in the hope that the market reacts differently to the last assay result.

What they really need to do is tell us what’s going on though. A few months ago CB would update the market almost daily so that’s frustrating. I have nearly sold a few times because of this silence but managed to resist because I believe in the project and copper has risen a lot. We needed between 0.25 and 0.3% for mining to be economical but it’s more like 0.15-0.2% with the price of copper. 

Apparently there was a board meeting yesterday so hopefully we will start getting a lot of news over the next week or so. If not he needs to get on that podcast he sometimes goes on and explain IMO.

Are you still in? I’m glad that it’s not money I need any time soon. Still have confidence this is a good investment. Just a bit more longer term than the optimists suggested

1 hour ago, ThurmastonFox said:

Are you still in? I’m glad that it’s not money I need any time soon. Still have confidence this is a good investment. Just a bit more longer term than the optimists suggested

Nah, I sold not long after that post as I just couldn't understand the delay in assays unless it was bad news. I don't think the assays were horrendous though so might go back in if it goes below 3. 

3 hours ago, Benguin said:

Nah, I sold not long after that post as I just couldn't understand the delay in assays unless it was bad news. I don't think the assays were horrendous though so might go back in if it goes below 3. 

My average is 4.8 so I’m certainly sticking for a while. I am having a poor run, was significantly up on ICON and then it went into administration. Only the second time I’ve invested in shares that went into administration. The first time I lost my money but the company went in to win the premier league, then the fa cup 🤣

On 27/05/2021 at 04:44, lee7 said:

If you still have deposits in Binance, you might want to think about moving them to somewhere else.

They’re coming under increasing pressure from regulatory bodies in the US and UK - and there’s a suggestion the company has a liquidity issue in terms of the underlying assets it’s holding for clients. 

15 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

If you still have deposits in Binance, you might want to think about moving them to somewhere else.

They’re coming under increasing pressure from regulatory bodies in the US and UK - and there’s a suggestion the company has a liquidity issue in terms of the underlying assets it’s holding for clients. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57632831

9 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Ok so completely mew to a this. What would people say is the best platform to use for investing? Thanks. X 

Coinbase which I use is reasonably decent. 

If you complete its ‘learning’ series on their standard platform you can receive about £30 in free crypto of various sorts.

To trade you want to use Coinbase Pro rather than normal Coinbase - the fees on the later are considerably more.

Why that is is beyond me really and it’s a bit of a faff transferring from one to the other, but whatever! 

Finally, after you’ve done your trading you may want to think about transferring your new currency into a wallet of some kind - especially if it’s a ‘proof of stake’ coin that you can earn ‘rewards’ on. 

Coinbase does allow you to do that with them on their platform with some Crypto - but my suspicion was they may be taking a small cut 🤷🏻‍♂️ - so I moved my ADA (Cardano) and ALGO (Algorand) into their own dedicated wallets and earn a pittance on my meagre holdings there instead.

That at least also means I definitely own the crypto, I have the keys - something that’s constantly mentioned on the Reddit boards.

Now true, I haven’t used any other platform, so can’t comment fully on them, but whilst Coinbase does seem a little amateurish on some fronts (no profit/loss count for example) I figured given the company behind it has gone public, that should at least offer some form of reassurance that they’re not cowboys.

So there’s my verdict, but as always do your own research! 

Oh and finally - if you fancy Coinbase, using this referral code we both get a small crypto bonus - but no pressure: http://coinbase.com/join/cook_wjj?src=ios-link

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Ok so completely mew to a this. What would people say is the best platform to use for investing? Thanks. X 

I use crypto.com for dabbling in Crypto.

I'm more into the shares on Trading212 to be honest.

Had no problems though, you even get a Visa debit card so you can sell any currency and have instant access to your cash.

• Like 1

What's everyone holding then?

I started in January and had no idea.

I've settled on 4 stocks, GME, BB, AMC and SPCE.

I know they're very volatile, but I'm not being sidetracked by anything else that the Reddit crowd might be looking at.

Got my fingers burnt early in by doing that.

I put £200 a week in to my account and I've made a 48% gain so far.

Spread it evenly across the 4 companies.

It could all be wiped out in one session, but I like the excitement!

It's disposable income, but in my opinion, worth the risk. You don't get those sort of interest rates by stashing it in a NatWest savings account.

9 hours ago, tom27111 said:

What's everyone holding then?

I started in January and had no idea.

I've settled on 4 stocks, GME, BB, AMC and SPCE.

I know they're very volatile, but I'm not being sidetracked by anything else that the Reddit crowd might be looking at.

Got my fingers burnt early in by doing that.

I put £200 a week in to my account and I've made a 48% gain so far.

Spread it evenly across the 4 companies.

It could all be wiped out in one session, but I like the excitement!

It's disposable income, but in my opinion, worth the risk. You don't get those sort of interest rates by stashing it in a NatWest savings account.

Had shares in Tesla for about a year and made a nice profit so far. Will be leaving they money in and letting it grow over the years. The prediction for growth on Tesla is predicted to be very high. 

Also dabbled in AMC recently, not a lot but fancied joining the ape crew. 

Couple of months ago I got into into Crypto and brought some ADA and XRP. Will no doubt keep buying while the values are low and taking risks. 

Very tempted to buy a Bitcoin if it drops below £22k again. 

I'm holding out a bit longer on Crypto. Feel there is going to be another big crash as hedgefunds begin to sell up to deal with their GME/AMC shorts. Would love to see Bitcoin get below £22k feels hard though. 

Currently holding

AMC 

GME

CLNE 

VSL 

RKT

VISL

Did some decent trades a month or so back. Got in on CLOV at 11 and sold at 24. Got in on Blackberry around 8/9 and sold at 15. GME sold 3 shares at 240 from a 160 avg. Although I bought one GME the other day (only holding 1.6 shares of it now) as I do think this bastard has a chance to pop. When though...who knows. It's hard to wrap your head around the amount of money the hedgefunds have to keep kicking the can. Also got in and out of wish in 2 days made about 60 quid lol. 

My biggest play at the moment is CLNE. Got in at 9ish and it's found a nice floor around 10ish at the moment. Feel like this is going to pop before the end of the year. Renewable natural gas for vehicles. Quite confident this can get to at least 30ish range. 

Current watchlist

ASTS

XERS

CRSR

SPRT

CLOV

I think if you're a bit of a gambler then Clov is a decent shout. Still heavily shorted etc and it has a Clinton on it's board so you know they're going to get nice deals from the government. Monitoring that the most and may jump back in again if it drops any further. It has all ingredients to pop above 30 in my opinion.