Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Jannick Vestergaard

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I saw a seasons review by a Saints fan. There was a lot of positives highlighted. But this fella was in the Cons column. His own fans think he's poor. We wouldn't would we???

Because, believe it or not, it has been known for some players to improve when given a fresh start in a different set-up.

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Because, believe it or not, it has been known for some players to improve when given a fresh start in a different set-up.

Is it really worth the risk to give players a second chance? We're not the same club that we were half a decade ago we cant take the risk on other teams' failed players.

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

£20m Jannick or £50m Tarkowski

First World Problems  :rolleyes:

Enough money to feed a country for a month spent on acquiring a person who can head an inflated sphere better than the person you currently have in that role ..... first world problems 😞😞😞😞

• Haha 1

We're now a top half PL side that occasionally can much even higher, yet some of our fans would prefer Pearson to Rodgers when fans of Championship clubs wouldn't go near him. Wouldn't be the first time someone didn't pull up trees at one club then did well at another

Would options of Soyuncu, Evans, Benkovic and Vestergaard be so bad? 

going into a season of potentially 50+ games, I’d actually be happy enough with this.

I don’t think we should be paying more than £18m however. 

rather have Vestergaard than Bennett tbf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

Is it really worth the risk to give players a second chance? We're not the same club that we were half a decade ago we cant take the risk on other teams' failed players.

All transfer acquisitions are a risk to some extent, even the players that have been successful elsewhere. If Rodgers sees something in Vestergaard that he can make work then you just have to back him I suppose.

17 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

going into a season of potentially 50+ games, I’d actually be happy enough with this.

Pointless paying 18m for him when we could get a genuinely class CB for 30-35m though? We may as well just sign a long term replacement for Evans than a stop gap for 18 months at 18m.

Plus we'll be using 3 CBs in games next season, so may as well get some class rather than someone who's average, they'll all get enough game time, especially with cups and European football.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I'd take him on loan as a last resort but we really shouldn't be wading in trying to sign him permanently given how poor he's been for them. Id play hardball with them if he is seriously our only option to sign at centre half, we seem to get had time and time again when trying to move on unwanted players so let's try the same tactic.

33 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Pointless paying 18m for him when we could get a genuinely class CB for 30-35m though? We may as well just sign a long term replacement for Evans than a stop gap for 18 months at 18m.

Plus we'll be using 3 CBs in games next season, so may as well get some class rather than someone who's average, they'll all get enough game time, especially with cups and European football.

After the end of season farce we've just had, if we end up paying £18m for this lump, I think that will just about tip me over the edge.

• Like 1