Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Jannick Vestergaard

2 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

He’s too short. With the counter pressing style we have, the plan is to cut off passing lanes so that the opposition only have the choice to go long. Then the aerial ability of Wilf and the 2 centre backs is crucial in winning back possession. That’s the reason all the centre backs we are currently linked with are 6ft 3+.  

That’s a fair assessment, but I’m sure there’s other more promising options out there? If we have wes as the old head, the other reserve should just be a young up and comer imo.  As many have mentioned, it’s just a shame that benkovic isn’t what we thought he was. 

In all seriousness, I think Vestergaard is a better player than what he’s shown in a sort of perpetual crisis situation where he is. With the right defense partner I think he could be good - certainly an upgrade on Bennett or Morgan.  As always it all comes down to cost.

• Like 2

The players we’re being linked with are crap tbh! We’re at a stage where we just need to add quality. If we signed Demirel and Bailey and promoted Tavares through the ranks to replace Mendy that would be an amazing window. Instead I get the feeling Lallana despite being a good player is always injured making him a rubbish signing. He belongs at West Ham. Our scout rates vestergaard who last played when being 5-0 down and taken off at half time against Leicester. Ridiculously poor if true

19 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

I really hope that the links to this fella and Hojberg are smokescreens used by the club to focus on other players. 

We do have a history of it after all.

I really hope you're right mate. Vestergaard, Hojbjerg, Max Clark....not even good enough to be smokescreens let alone actually signings. Vestergaard worries me the most, he's absolute gash.

Just now, Paddy. said:

I really hope you're right mate. Vestergaard, Hojbjerg, Max Clark....not even good enough to be smokescreens let alone actually signings. Vestergaard worries me the most, he's absolute gash.

Wishful thinking on my behalf lol

5 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Mate of mine from uni is a Saints fan, I text him about this and he reckons all the talk down there is that it's actually Ryan Bertrand we're interested in and not Vestergaard. 

I'd rather have Vestergaard. He was decent in the Bundesliga and would probably be quite good as a backup and option to have for a 3 man midfield, or to replace Morgan as a last ditch defensive substitution. He has several great qualities (suprisingly deft technically, fantastic aerially, generally good defensively), the problem is he is as slow as a tractor, similar to Wes at the moment. 

Bertrand is past it and would likely be replacing Chilwell. Not good enough at all for us. 

Edit: Do you all remember how brilliantly he played against us when Southampton beat us under Puel? That sort of performance is something that we could use, even if it's more of a "hidden ace" on the bench than anything else.

Edited by Nicolo Barella

Memo to Congers: Have you even looked at the 0-9 thrashing? You should and look at individual displays.

They were taken apart, time after time, after time. Worst player on pitch, after Bertrand leg breaking tackle, Vesty-guard?

Why are we even looking at any of this shower?

Get a grip Brendan.

Edited by FoxFossil

13 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Memo to Congers: Have you even looked at the 0-9 thrashing? You should and look at individual displays.

Bertrand was taken apart, time after time, after time. Worst player on pitch or was that Vesty-guard?

Get a grip Brendan.

Bertrand was sent off after 10 minutes with the score at 1-0. 

1 hour ago, FoxFossil said:

They were taken apart, time after time, after time. Worst player on pitch, after Bertrand leg breaking tackle, Vesty-guard?

Get a grip Brendan.

Because scouting players over one game is always the way forward....... 

Edited by coolhandfox
typo
  • Haha 1