Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Jannick Vestergaard

36 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Memo to Congers: Have you even looked at the 0-9 thrashing? You should and look at individual displays.

They were taken apart, time after time, after time. Worst player on pitch, after Bertrand leg breaking tackle, Vesty-guard?

Why are we even looking at any of this shower?

Get a grip Brendan.

Seem to remember them beating us later at Leicester. Would they sign any of our players?

15 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

Memo to Congers: Have you even looked at the 0-9 thrashing? You should and look at individual displays.

They were taken apart, time after time, after time. Worst player on pitch, after Bertrand leg breaking tackle, Vesty-guard?

Why are we even looking at any of this shower?

Get a grip Brendan.

If we should look at individual performances, how about his impressive marshalling of their defence when they beat us 2-1 under Puel when they went a man down? It felt like watching a siege reenactment, not a football game, he had so much presence. Not saying he's perfect but he has undeniable qualities.

• 3 weeks later...

If we sign him, then Congers needs binning.  I honestly think I could find a better, substantially cheaper and younger back-up option in the Austrian League.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind if he wasn't going to cost about 20mil and would be made to look a twat in our high line. If he'll do it with Morgan and Bennett he'd do it with Vestergaard.

He'd be fine for a Burnley or Palace.

Probably fine as a squad filler, but as we've seen with Bennett is that enough? We really need to start looking at a long term replacement for Evans (unless Benko can do it), he's 33 in January. Will depend on our funds again though, I doubt a high priced CB will be our priority this summer, so a 3rd choice ahead of Morgan will probably be the one we get.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Probably fine as a squad filler, but as we've seen with Bennett is that enough? We really need to start looking at a long term replacement for Evans (unless Benko can do it), he's 33 in January. Will depend on our funds again though, I doubt a high priced CB will be our priority this summer, so a 3rd choice ahead of Morgan will probably be the one we get.

It’s a real head scratcher. Benko I mean. Surely if we bought Vestergaard, with him, Soyuncu, Evans and Benkovic, this is enough for all games next season?

15 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Would Ake be a better fit if Cherries are relegated? Bet he's got a championship release clause like Evans did.

Ake would be awesome as he's one of the best CB's in the league but someone bigger than us will snap him up for sure at a value price.

I'd love to see us sign someone like Ake to compete with Evans and Soyuncu and hopefully Benkovic will be in the squad this year to support those three and be aerial presence on the bench when protecting a lead under pressure in the last 10 minutes. Plenty of games next season to give 4 CB's plenty of game time. 

Edited by Gerard

This can't be serious can it? Southampton fans don't even like him and he's out their team more often than not.

It's a we've just been relegated to the Championship and want a more physical defender signing.

it's the defender equivalent of signing Dwight Gayle!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I really wouldn't mind, if he cost about > £10 million and was happy to be a professional squad player. I can't think of many better players to stick as the central centreback in a back 3. He would be a great option to replace Morgan as a steadying force to see the game out.