Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Cyberpunk 2077

3 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I like the fact that we're all assuming that our pre-ordered PS5s will arrive on time here chaps.  lol

I've got a Nov 19th delivery nailed on according to Simply Games.  We shall see...

Click and collect mate 😎 unless there is a major major cock up i should be okay...hopefully!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nice comparator between next-gen (Series X) and current-gen (xbox one x so a bit beefier than vanilla One) (although with series x being out is that now current-gen?).  Also has our favourite CD Projekt representative presenting...

Edited by Zear0
Clarified current-gen console

15 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Nice comparator between next-gen (Series X) and current-gen (xbox one x so a bit beefier than vanilla One) (although with series x being out is that now current-gen?).  Also has our favourite CD Projekt representative presenting...

30fps? Puke.

Game looking seriously impressive though, what a relief.

Edited by z-layrex

Yes the 30 fps shown on the series X was a bit disappointing. I understand that the official next gen patch won't be until next year. But I was hoping they'd at least shove in a quick patch to enable a 60 fps performance mode. Hopefully the One X has a performance mode similar to the Witcher 3 and the series X can run it maximum. I realy dont want to play this game in 30 fps but finding cba on building a pc for the price of two consoles and change. 

6 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Yes the 30 fps shown on the series X was a bit disappointing. I understand that the official next gen patch won't be until next year. But I was hoping they'd at least shove in a quick patch to enable a 60 fps performance mode. Hopefully the One X has a performance mode similar to the Witcher 3 and the series X can run it maximum. I realy dont want to play this game in 30 fps but finding cba on building a pc for the price of two consoles and change. 

I would never build a PC now if I didn't already have one, component prices are absolutely ridiculous compared to the performance you'll get out of these new consoles for relatively little money. 

It's a shame but even at 30fps you'll probably adjust and hardly notice after a while. Death Stranding was 30fps right on PS4? I played that after 100+fps gaming for a couple years. It was shit for a little while then my brain just adjusted.

Edited by z-layrex

2 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

I would never build a PC now if I didn't already have one, component prices are absolutely ridiculous compared to the performance you'll get out of these new consoles for relatively little money. 

It's a shame but even at 30fps you'll probably adjust and hardly notice after a while. Death Stranding was 30fps right on PS4? I played that after 100+fps gaming for a couple years. It was shit for a little while then my brain just adjusted.

To be honest I can live with it if need be. IT will be a locked 30 fps so with no dips it will at least feel somewhat smooth enough. Just 30 fps for first person games just feel a bit sluggish. But **** waiting until next year for the patch. With the speed they work it will take until summer. 

2 hours ago, Christoph said:

Honestly these new machines perform comparably to the better mid-range PCs from what I can tell.  Ray tracing, albeit locked at 30fps, is a genuine achievement for what you're paying for these machines.

• Like 1

Getting hung up on graphics when discussing PC vs Console for an RPG as massive as Cyberpunk is missing a vital point. 

Cyberpunk will evolve, through the mod community, into something unimaginably massive over the next couple years. 

Look at Skyrim, there's still new content coming out for it all the time. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, That_Dude said:

My new rig with a 5600X and an RTX 3080 is coming just before Xmas. Hopefully I'll be able to hold out until then.

Great choice. Hoping they announce a 5600 at a more sensible price point for Ryzen 5 in the new year. Component prices are really pissing me off.

18 hours ago, That_Dude said:

My new rig with a 5600X and an RTX 3080 is coming just before Xmas. Hopefully I'll be able to hold out until then.

I've gone from a 1080ti to a 3080.  You will not regret it!  Outstanding card and one of the reasons I was chuffed this game was delayed so my upgrade was done in time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zear0 said:

I've gone from a 1080ti to a 3080.  You will not regret it!  Outstanding card and one of the reasons I was chuffed this game was delayed so my upgrade was done in time.

Upgrading from an i7 4790K and a 1080. Both no slouches, even today, but I know that the jump in performance will be massive. Went for an MSI Gaming X Trio.

The 3080's TDP is insane though. I think I'll reduce the power limit and undervolt the card. It will take down the power draw to 250W for a performance loss of ca. 10%. Can live with that.

13 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Great choice. Hoping they announce a 5600 at a more sensible price point for Ryzen 5 in the new year. Component prices are really pissing me off.

AMD raising the price was predictable since they're in a better position than Intel, but the 5600X is still a bargain for the performance it delivers while having a very low TDP. It's my first AMP CPU since the Athlon X2's glory days.

On the other side, the GPU prices are indeed completely off the charts. For the first time I seriously considered getting a PS5.

1 hour ago, That_Dude said:

Upgrading from an i7 4790K and a 1080. Both no slouches, even today, but I know that the jump in performance will be massive. Went for an MSI Gaming X Trio.

The 3080's TDP is insane though. I think I'll reduce the power limit and undervolt the card. It will take down the power draw to 250W for a performance loss of ca. 10%. Can live with that.

Yeah I've been tempted to undervolt but got around to it. I have an ax1200i PSU from when I had dual SLI 1080tis and water cooled odds and sods. Its pretty mad the recommended PSU is 750W now. Not noticed obscene heat in the system though apart from when I'd left Flight Sim going for 5 hours and the room was an oven. 

Being concious this the third post on the trot (not that I want this game...) 

It's out in the wild as people got it early so worth not being too curious on social media for CP as spoilers no doubt shortly abound. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-12-03-cd-projekt-red-warns-against-streaming-cyberpunk-2077-before-release-day-as-copies-are-spotted-in-the-wild

Many of the previews are mentioning how surprisingly slowly paced the game is.

Much of the marketing content and clips put out are very shooter / action heavy, which will leave some disappointed.

I for one can't wait. I m m e r s i o n.

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Many of the previews are mentioning how surprisingly slowly paced the game is.

Much of the marketing content and clips put out are very shooter / action heavy, which will leave some disappointed.

I for one can't wait. I m m e r s i o n.

I just want a beautiful synthwave atmosphere and to stare at that gorgeous ray tracing.

• Like 1

There's no point in getting the PS4 version for PS5 right now.  So either you stick with the PS4 version which will look inferior, and this game to me is all about the looks and immersion of the game world, or you wait until the PS5 version comes out next year in full.

My guess is they already have it ready to go but want to push the PS4 sales as much as possible before releasing the full PS5 version.  

No point in buying the PS4 version, get partway through the game, only then to get the full PS5 upgrade.  May as well wait.

• Like 1