Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Cyberpunk 2077

TBH, I'm not surprised it's a bag of shit on bog standard consoles. My console is a launch week Xbox One. It's been revived from death twice. 

I wasn't expecting it to be singing and dancing whilst coping with an end-of-generation / cross-generation behemoth game like this clearly is. 

Could they have optimised it better? Definitely. But I'm not surprised, I can wait until I finally upgrade. 

"Gamers" in 2020 are the fvcking worst.

Edited by RoboFox

It doesn't look great coming off of Demons Souls.  It's locked at 60fps 1080p on PS5 I believe.  

Roll on the proper PS5 version next year - until then, I won't touch it.

Tbf, it doesn't bode well for Horizon.  Cross platform ultimately is going to lead to underperformance on PS5.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

Played it for about 5 hours last night

Issues/bugs I came across:

- Crashed twice

- Elements staying in place when they should disappear (someone on screen using chopsticks, finished eating and walked away but the chopsticks stayed in midair)

- My car when parking for a mission, after coming back to it it would be floating about a foot off the ground (could still get in it then it would be just like normal)

- Looking in a mirror and my guy (who wears a cap) now has a bald spot on top where the hat would be, no trousers on and also no genitals

- Firing my gun and AI citizens within a few floors of the building will all be cowering

Definitely buggy, but nothing game breaking for me yet and still very enjoyable

33 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Played it for about 5 hours last night

Issues/bugs I came across:

- Crashed twice

- Elements staying in place when they should disappear (someone on screen using chopsticks, finished eating and walked away but the chopsticks stayed in midair)

- My car when parking for a mission, after coming back to it it would be floating about a foot off the ground (could still get in it then it would be just like normal)

- Looking in a mirror and my guy (who wears a cap) now has a bald spot on top where the hat would be, no trousers on and also no genitals

- Firing my gun and AI citizens within a few floors of the building will all be cowering

Definitely buggy, but nothing game breaking for me yet and still very enjoyable

Still not crashed on me but I've had a couple bugs now. 

Yet to get a floating cigarette but I did get the floating parked car after meeting the ripperdoc for the first time. 

Likewise if I'm wearing a hat and look in a mirror I'm bald but my V at least keeps his trousers on, also related some jackets don't like loading the shirts underneath them so you get a jacket on bare skin effect.

Currently not the biggest fan of the clothing system in general, I remember reading an early reviewer mention how giving yourself a better armour rating will end up with V wearing totally mismatched clothing and thinking it seemed like a really petty gripe but I get it now that my guy looks like a complete clown lol   There is a crafting and upgrade system so I imagine later in the game there's a bit more control over how giving yourself a better armour rating affects your look.

Edit to add:  One thing that definitely needs fixing is the weapon holstering, sometimes it just cycles through your equipped weapons instead.

Edited by Carl the Llama

24 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Yet to get a floating cigarette but I did get the floating parked car after meeting the ripperdoc for the first time. 

Likewise if I'm wearing a hat and look in a mirror I'm bald but my V at least keeps his trousers on, also related some jackets don't like loading the shirts underneath them so you get a jacket on bare skin effect.

Currently not the biggest fan of the clothing system in general, I remember reading an early reviewer mention how giving yourself a better armour rating will end up with V wearing totally mismatched clothing and thinking it seemed like a really petty gripe but I get it now that my guy looks like a complete clown lol   There is a crafting and upgrade system so I imagine later in the game there's a bit more control over how giving yourself a better armour rating affects your look.

don't you think it would have been better in 3rd person or everyone happy with the 1st person view

32 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Edit to add:  One thing that definitely needs fixing is the weapon holstering, sometimes it just cycles through your equipped weapons instead.

Yeah my floating car was in the exact same scenario so hopefully that is the only instance of it!

I think at one point my guy ended up with a baseball cap, pink face mask, net vest, military jacket, leather look trousers and like cowboy boots lol it is certainly interesting

Yeah took me a while to get used to the holster system as well

15 hours in so far and it's not as buggy as I thought (backhanded compliment as this isn't a positive)

• I couldn't finish the tutorial for stealth as it wouldn't let me mark the 4 characters
  • I couldn't progress the task where you first meet Victor.  I had to reload into the game and it then progressed.
  • Only experienced one AI being in T-Pose position floating around the map
  • Bumped into people and caused chaos as people fled for their lives
  • Agree on the clothing gripe.  I've got a really nice armour piece I'd prefer to wear, but it has lower rating that a vest...given the "spirit" of the game, I'd rather there was armour and it did let you dress as you please without it being impactful on how you play.  Maybe some hash on armour implants would have been a solution.

Not had any crashed which is good but sounds like I'm in the minority on that one.  I'm really enjoying the main story parts of the game but am finding the side stuff a bit beige.  One of the things I loved about the Witcher was the side Gwent tasks, monster hunting tasks in addition to the story.  Also, how do all these people have my number in this game?  The moment I step into a new territory the local don gives me a bell touting for business.

But yeah, really liking it and love the city. The "verticality" I think is the phrase which sums it up.  So nice to have a proper city with height to engage in.

1 hour ago, Zear0 said:

15 hours in so far and it's not as buggy as I thought (backhanded compliment as this isn't a positive)

• I couldn't finish the tutorial for stealth as it wouldn't let me mark the 4 characters
  • I couldn't progress the task where you first meet Victor.  I had to reload into the game and it then progressed.
  • Only experienced one AI being in T-Pose position floating around the map
  • Bumped into people and caused chaos as people fled for their lives
  • Agree on the clothing gripe.  I've got a really nice armour piece I'd prefer to wear, but it has lower rating that a vest...given the "spirit" of the game, I'd rather there was armour and it did let you dress as you please without it being impactful on how you play.  Maybe some hash on armour implants would have been a solution.

Not had any crashed which is good but sounds like I'm in the minority on that one.  I'm really enjoying the main story parts of the game but am finding the side stuff a bit beige.  One of the things I loved about the Witcher was the side Gwent tasks, monster hunting tasks in addition to the story.  Also, how do all these people have my number in this game?  The moment I step into a new territory the local don gives me a bell touting for business.

But yeah, really liking it and love the city. The "verticality" I think is the phrase which sums it up.  So nice to have a proper city with height to engage in.

I think the 2 crashes I had were when I arrived at a mission and tried to park my car in a parking spot (because I am cool like that) but its goes all weird and only drives at 1mph and then crashes

Happened when I tried to park near Dexs car when you first meet him and then also when you first go to Lizzies bar

What platform are you playing on?

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think the 2 crashes I had were when I arrived at a mission and tried to park my car in a parking spot (because I am cool like that) but its goes all weird and only drives at 1mph and then crashes

Happened when I tried to park near Dexs car when you first meet him and then also when you first go to Lizzies bar

What platform are you playing on?

PC which is usually the wobbliest of platforms.  Do what I do and ditch your car in traffic.

1 minute ago, Zear0 said:

PC which is usually the wobbliest of platforms.  Do what I do and ditch your car in traffic.

Haha I would do but even with Red Dead 2 I would tie up my horse to a post before entering a mission or on GTA5 I would also park my car lol

Seems like PS4/Xbox One are the wonky platforms for this game (which doesn’t really surprise me), glad I managed to pick up a PS5 to play it on

Dropped a new hotfix update already, 17.6GB on Playstation, also live on PC

Quests

Fixed an issue with completing the final objective in Gig: Freedom of the Press.

Fixed an issue with starting conversation with Johnny at the end in Life During Wartime.

Corrected a rare issue with NPCs no longer calling V if A Like Supreme quest was abandoned mid-way.

Fixed an issue with Nix not going into his default state in Spellbound and KOLD MIRAGE.

Fixed issues blocking progress in I Fought The Law if the quest area is left.

Fixed inability to find Delamain in Epistrophy.

Fixed issues related to remaining in the second phase of the quest after finishing Pacifica fight with Ozob if played after Finals.

Fixed an issue with Nomads no longer present if V leaves the quest area mid-combat in With a Little Help from My Friends/Queen of the Highway.

Adjusted mappings and re-enabled quest tracker in M'ap Tann Pèlen/I Walk the Line/Transmission.

Fixed constraints on freedom to get up and sit down if neither blueline condition is met in Violence.

Fixed issues with time and space resulting from leaving the quest area or abandoning the quest in Following the River.

Fixed an issue with conversation with Johnny not starting after leaving the hotel in Tapeworm.

Fixed an issue with quest being blocked upon leaving the quest area before climbing the hill in Following the River.

Fixed the objective “Go into booth 9” not completing if the room’s entered too fast in Automatic Love.

Fixed Jackie’s issues with sitting still in The Ripperdoc.

Other quest fixes

Gameplay

Fixed the preview in weapon crafting.

Visual

Reduced vehicle appearance pop-in.

Speeded up switching first person perspective to third person perspective in a vehicle.

Fixed issues with animations missing from important quest NPCs during cinematics.

Performance & Stability

Improved stability, including various crash fixes.

Miscellaneous

Modified the flashing effect on braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect has been smoothed out and the flashes reduced in frequency and magnitude.

Removed copyrighted songs incorrectly present in the game with "Disable Copyrighted Music" feature toggled on.

PC-specific

Switching language to default in the in-game settings now correctly sets it to the language of your Steam client.

Console-specific

Improved reflections quality on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to eliminate the smudge effect.

Fixed “The Wasteland” achievement being stuck on 97% after completing all relevant missions in The Badlands on Xbox.

Fixed an issue with missing PT-BR VO for Xbox players in Americas.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

In other words, will this game finally drag him off of DemonSouls :thumbup:

I've now done 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 3-1 and 4-1.  Shrine of Storms was tough, the duel wielding guy just before the boss caused me a major problem.  The adjudicator himself was a breeze compared to that guy.  So now onto 5-1.  I've put about 16 hours into it so far.  3-1 is my favourite level to this point.

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

would this run on my PC ... NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti .. Intel Pentium 3ghz, 8GB ram, ssd 250gb, 64bit ?

No mate sorry. It might "run" and you could smash it to low on 720p and see? The GPU could play it on low at like 900p probably but its the pentium cpu and lack of ram that's the problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is it just me or is this game really freaking hard?  Tbf I'm not helping myself much with the dialogue choices, watched a couple playthroughs to see if anyone else was being creamed by Royce in his mech suit with the charged lasers at the end of the pickup quest and apparently I'm the only person who made the choices that lead to it, everyone else ends that mission with a few goons to easily pick off :ranieri:

The huge joke about it being an absolute mess on PS4 and Xbox One is that it was absolutely intended as a PS4 and Xbox One release (as well as PC). You only have to look at the original release date to realise that.

The practice of not allowing any PS4/Xbox One 'real' footage prior to release is shady and dishonest in my view. Hope they enjoy the 8million pre-orders and hope people realise the dangers of pre-order now! Learn your lessons or suck it up.