Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Cyberpunk 2077

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

There's no point in getting the PS4 version for PS5 right now.  So either you stick with the PS4 version which will look inferior, and this game to me is all about the looks and immersion of the game world, or you wait until the PS5 version comes out next year in full.

My guess is they already have it ready to go but want to push the PS4 sales as much as possible before releasing the full PS5 version.  

No point in buying the PS4 version, get partway through the game, only then to get the full PS5 upgrade.  May as well wait.

Yeah I will just wait for PS5 version, not a big deal for me after waiting this long.

• Like 1

On 05/12/2020 at 11:29, Legend_in_blue said:

There's no point in getting the PS4 version for PS5 right now.  So either you stick with the PS4 version which will look inferior, and this game to me is all about the looks and immersion of the game world, or you wait until the PS5 version comes out next year in full.

My guess is they already have it ready to go but want to push the PS4 sales as much as possible before releasing the full PS5 version.  

No point in buying the PS4 version, get partway through the game, only then to get the full PS5 upgrade.  May as well wait.

Waiting for the full next-gen port I reckon, or at least until I get a Series X.

I've got an original 1st generation Xbox One. It'll basically look like this:

On 04/12/2020 at 09:57, RoboFox said:

Many of the previews are mentioning how surprisingly slowly paced the game is.

Much of the marketing content and clips put out are very shooter / action heavy, which will leave some disappointed.

I for one can't wait. I m m e r s i o n.

Absolutely, looking forward to cruising around Night City losing myself in side activities.

On 04/12/2020 at 11:29, z-layrex said:

I just want a beautiful synthwave atmosphere and to stare at that gorgeous ray tracing.

I really hope it's been optimised well enough for my 2060s to handle it consistently.  May have to make some sacrifices though. 

On 05/12/2020 at 11:29, Legend_in_blue said:

I think I'm right in saying that due to cross save functionality you can carry any progress over to the enhanced PS5 game. This does mean though, that you're absolutely right, prior to that you would be playing or even finish an inferior version of the game minus the faster load times, better frame rates and visuals. However, when it does eventually come out, it can be upgraded free of charge. Since open world/sandbox can be an undertaking of several years (think Skyrim/Fallout IV), and much of the attraction of such games, I think, is taking your time - exploring, discovery and savouring the experience - the eventual upgrade would enhance the journey further and may for me, still be in the early stages. Also, it's not as though the PS4 experience is going to be that vastly inferior. I'm not one to hammer out the storyline on these sorts or games - although Rage II for example was ridiculously quick leaving you feeling incredibly flat and redundant at the end of it and some piss poor DLC if you wanted it. If I started this in December, it would be just a exciting knowing that I had the upcoming prospect of a PS5 upgrade during the gameplay but I guess it depends on how quickly you like to play these things and how long/extensive the central storyline is. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Absolutely, looking forward to cruising around Night City losing myself in side activities.

I really hope it's been optimised well enough for my 2060s to handle it consistently.  May have to make some sacrifices though. 

The most recent Digital Foundry on Valhalla had the PS5/series x as being 2060 super equivalents re grunt. You'll be fine. 

Was nice to get the preload down today, no doubt there'll be a few more downloads in the days to come! 

5 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Waiting for the full next-gen port I reckon, or at least until I get a Series X.

I've got an original 1st generation Xbox One. It'll basically look like this:

I saw that video a while back, and I don't get how someone could obviously put so much effort into making something look like a PS1 game, and it look absolutely nothing like a PS1 game. They've made the textures and sprites look 8 or 16-bit era (and basic by those standards) - PS1-era games tried to look realistic but failed because textures were so muddy and polygon count was low. I'd have thought that'd be a doddle to replicate accurately, this looks more like a Minecraft mod. Also don't know why it bothers me so much lol

I'm definitely holding out and will wait a month or two. 

Even if the reviews are good, I'd take them with a pinch of salt (hype, CDPR, yadda yadda) and the technical problems are real. CDPR has a long history of releasing unpolished games and it's a bug galore at the moment. I doubt the D1 patch will solve everything and I want to enjoy it at its best. My new rig won't be here before Xmas at best anyway and I just got Control Ultimate Edition for 15 euros.

3 hours ago, Zear0 said:

The most recent Digital Foundry on Valhalla had the PS5/series x as being 2060 super equivalents re grunt. You'll be fine. 

Was nice to get the preload down today, no doubt there'll be a few more downloads in the days to come! 

I read elsewhere it was more like 2070s/2080, but I trust the Digital Foundry guys a lot so that's good to hear.

The update process was a bit longer than anticipated but I've given it a cheeky hour now and it has at least one bug in that it doesn't seem to recognise the analogue sticks on my controller.  I was going to play mouse and keyboard anyway so although it's a big bug for a game to have it's fortunately nbd for me.  Other than that it seems well optimised so far.  In 1080p I'm getting a solid 50-60 fps with the game on ultra RT and the only graphical issue so far is 2 occasions where an object in the background's textures didn't fully load during a cutscene which was flashing between scenes rapidly.  It is gorgeous to look at.  But then we already knew that.

As for the game itself:  The driving always looked a bit iffy to me in preview footage but fear not, the first car you get to throw around the roads just outside NC feels great.  And the gunplay is frantic: The game has a cover system of sorts but it's absolutely not a cover shooter, camping behind a box waiting for the AI to pop a head out will get you killed very quickly from several directions on hard.  Of course you can try to avoid the fight altogether with the hitman-lite stealth mechanics or hack into environmental objects, but once you're spotted you better get a hustle on because AI doesn't suffer fools gladly.  Good stuff so far but I've barely scratched into the game yet.

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Like 1

No sign of Malcolm MacDowell being pursued by Rutger Hauer so far... (been saving that "joke" for a while) 

After ages to get going (GOG crashed), finally in. Very impressive looking game. Similar to Carl, so early into the game I can't comment properly yet. Will report back after 10 hours or so. 

Sounds like No Mans Sky level of shitshow for release on consoles. If you can hold your nerve then better to wait. If you have an old console like Ps4 or OG Xbox then I dont think its even worth buying. It looks so bad and everyone is kicking off. This seems like a game you really want to play on a good PC and thats about it. 

1 minute ago, Samilktray said:

Really want to play this but I’ve no intention of getting a PS5 until next year. Is it really going to be that bad on PS4? Will patches solve anything? 

It'll probably look ok, loading times might be an issue though.

36 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Really want to play this but I’ve no intention of getting a PS5 until next year. Is it really going to be that bad on PS4? Will patches solve anything? 

Depends what your tolerance is for dipped frames etc. Might be worth looking at videos,online to judge. Reddit going mental about how bad it's running on xbox and ps4 with many saying it's unplayable at the moment. If u can wait then I'd wait to atleast see if they patch it again to optimise it. Sounds like it turns into a powerpooint slide once the shooting starts and things get a bit busy.

3 hours ago, Christoph said:

Sounds like No Mans Sky level of shitshow for release on consoles. If you can hold your nerve then better to wait. If you have an old console like Ps4 or OG Xbox then I dont think its even worth buying. It looks so bad and everyone is kicking off. This seems like a game you really want to play on a good PC and thats about it. 

playing on a next gen console or a good pc is going to make not much difference

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

playing on a next gen console or a good pc is going to make not much difference

Playing on PC and performance has been fine. Only issue I've had are game bugs with quests not always progressing and needing a reload as well as the occasional AI moonwalk.