Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 21

1 hour ago, brookfox said:

Take all this with a pinch of salt as I’m useless. But; have some attacking and defensive custom tactics set up, don’t quit as you lose the rivals points, if you’re on a losing streak take a break, avoid distractions if you can while playing, Sunday’s are supposed to be easier, if you play anyone in a Forest kit make sure you win!

Oh and if people start juggling it towards your goal towards from kick off put team press on and just foul them ASAP!

thanks for that, my defnsive tactic is also 4-3-3 but with the ST as a CF and the wingers running beyond for counter attacking, ultra defensive is a flat 451 possession game, attacking pushes the CDM up in a 433 and ultra attack is 3412 with mendy on the left wing, fati up front and mukiele as CB, though i will probably bring on calvert lewin or williams if thats needed. tested it and people dont handle the drastic formation change well.  i dont use the in game tactic switch much, and have never spotted the team press option, though i hate playing against it

8 hours ago, brookfox said:

Take all this with a pinch of salt as I’m useless. But; have some attacking and defensive custom tactics set up, don’t quit as you lose the rivals points, if you’re on a losing streak take a break, avoid distractions if you can while playing, Sunday’s are supposed to be easier, if you play anyone in a Forest kit make sure you win!

Oh and if people start juggling it towards your goal towards from kick off put team press on and just foul them ASAP!

People doing that juggling is so annoying isn’t it. Seems to be everyone I have played against the last few weeks has tried this. 

20 minutes ago, Md9 said:

People doing that juggling is so annoying isn’t it. Seems to be everyone I have played against the last few weeks has tried this. 

I know, drives me mad and randomly hard to stop. Kerlon the Brazilian who used to dribble it on his head scored 19 goals in his career not a goal every other kick off!

Got this through gamepass last week on the 10 hour trial, annoyingly found it quite enjoyable this year so caved and bought the full game yesterday for £34.

I see this year we are back to pace abusers online, with my team being rather pathetic, it was a blood bath! Slapped 7-1 in my third game which was when I decided to call it a night and try and invest in some proper players and a tactic to frustrate

Edited by snoopy87

13 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

Got this through gamepass last week on the 10 hour trial, annoyingly found it quite enjoyable this year so caved and bought the full game yesterday for £34.

I see this year we are back to pace abusers online, with my team being rather pathetic, it was a blood bath! Slapped 7-1 in my third game which was when I decided to call it a night and try and invest in some proper players and a tactic to frustrate

I did the same yesterday, but I’ve moved from Xbox to PlayStation, I forgot how much of a slog this is when you don’t play from the start and get any packs for returning, I’ve not even got the coins or players to start the advanced SBCs yet. 

55 minutes ago, brookfox said:

I know, drives me mad and randomly hard to stop. Kerlon the Brazilian who used to dribble it on his head scored 19 goals in his career not a goal every other kick off!

😂😂. If I can stop them getting past the first man then it’s not to bad but once they get past them it’s more than likely going to end up as a goal 🙈

14 hours ago, brookfox said:

@Beliall

I'd add to that, be willing to change tactics mid game, depending of the other teams style of style of play. 

*General

-Use subs, fresh legs make a difference, you can change the game if you have good subs in the less 20 mins. Have 3 subs that can help you chase a game and 3 that can help you close a game out. 

- Be varied in your play, decent players pick up on patterns of play, basically be unpredictable.

- Look for pattern in play of the other team, will help you work out how to defend against them.

*Defending 

-If you notice they attack mainly down the wings, increase your defensive width, visa versa if they play down the middle with a narrow formation decrease it to clog the middle.

-If they are a tick-a-tac type of player don't be scare to increase your depth or use tactic that increase pressure on the ball.

-Pace abusers, be willing to foul to break up play, stops the game and gets men behind the ball. 

-If you aren't good a scoring from corners reduce the number of men you have in the box, that way it reduce the chance of being counter attacked.

-Have good DCM they should do most of you defending, try and keep your CB, LB and RB in position. 

*Attacking 

-If the are hard to break down try changing your attacking width to get down the sides and get behind or try adjust number of man in the boxes or both. 

-Learn 2-3 skills you can do without thinking, no need to know every skill in the book but if you know a few really well it can help. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

@Beliall

I'd add to that, be willing to change tactics mid game, depending of the other teams style of style of play. 

*General

-Use subs, fresh legs make a difference, you can change the game if you have good subs in the less 20 mins. Have 3 subs that can help you chase a game and 3 that can help you close a game out. 

- Be varied in your play, decent players pick up on patterns of play, basically be unpredictable.

- Look for pattern in play of the other team, will help you work out how to defend against them.

*Defending 

-If you notice they attack mainly down the wings, increase your defensive width, visa versa if they play down the middle with a narrow formation decrease it to clog the middle.

-If they are a tick-a-tac type of player don't be scare to increase your depth or use tactic that increase pressure on the ball.

-Pace abusers, be willing to foul to break up play, stops the game and gets men behind the ball. 

-If you aren't good a scoring from corners reduce the number of men you have in the box, that way it reduce the chance of being counter attacked.

-Have good DCM they should do most of you defending, try and keep your CB, LB and RB in position. 

*Attacking 

-If the are hard to break down try changing your attacking width to get down the sides and get behind or try adjust number of man in the boxes or both. 

-Learn 2-3 skills you can do without thinking, no need to know every skill in the book but if you know a few really well it can help. 

i jjust came on here to see if anyone had posted more and you have, thanks for that, i am ggoingg to adjust my tactic, after playing 2, losing 2 and conceding 10, scoring just twice. it seems no matter my defensive depth, they always hang on the halfway line waiting to be countered by ronaldo, son, hazard and just about any other annoying **** with too much speed. ggoing into each match expecting to lose doesnt ease the pain of playing quite well but conceeding almost every chance they get on the counter. 

:nigel:

on to the next one

22 minutes ago, Beliall said:

i jjust came on here to see if anyone had posted more and you have, thanks for that, i am ggoingg to adjust my tactic, after playing 2, losing 2 and conceding 10, scoring just twice. it seems no matter my defensive depth, they always hang on the halfway line waiting to be countered by ronaldo, son, hazard and just about any other annoying **** with too much speed. ggoing into each match expecting to lose doesnt ease the pain of playing quite well but conceeding almost every chance they get on the counter. 

:nigel:

on to the next one

I generally stick to 4 or 5 depth.

Make sure you have have fullbacks set to stay back and at least one DCM on stay back. Don't chase the ball with CBs as most players are looking for a quick one-two, I've tried to draw it below, A1 get the ball and lays it off to A2, the common mistake is to chase the ball with CB1 which leave the hole in behind. 

Instead position C1 one to block the pass in where i've drawn the orange square and switch to CB 2 if the pass doesn't come.

fifa 1.PNG

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Thanks 1

Just now, coolhandfox said:

I generally stick to 4 or 5 depth.

Make sure you have have fullback set to stay back and at least one DCM on sent back. Don't chase the ball with CBs as most players are looking for a quick one-two, I've tried to draw it below, A1 get the ball and lays it off to A2, the common mistake is to chase the ball with CB1 which leave the hole in behind. 

Instead position C1 one to block the pass in where i've drawn the orange square and switch to CB 2 if the pass doesn't come.

fifa 1.PNG

would you think a formation with 2 CDM's better than my current single one in this 433? that graphic pretty much describes my play, too used to squad battles and rivals where i just pressure the ball, and as it doesnt seeem to matter how fast my CB's are, im now working on a formation to get chiellini and silva in since they both have better defensive stats than hinteregger and hernadez. huge learning curve this

Just now, Beliall said:

would you think a formation with 2 CDM's better than my current single one in this 433? that graphic pretty much describes my play, too used to squad battles and rivals where i just pressure the ball, and as it doesnt seeem to matter how fast my CB's are, im now working on a formation to get chiellini and silva in since they both have better defensive stats than hinteregger and hernadez. huge learning curve this

I'd go for a more solid formation with two CDM if you are struggling, you DCM should be doing most of the work defensively, make sure you have set the to cover centre

Use you DCM to cut of passes to the attackers, stopping the attackers getting ball into feet you need to read the play and position your DCM so they can't make the pass.

You DCM need to have good stamina, pace stats as well as good defending. 

I would avoid Chiellini type players who don't have enough pace.   

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'd go for a more solid formation with two CDM if you are struggling, you DCM should be doing most of the work defensively, make sure you have set the to cover centre

Use you DCM to cut of passes to the attackers, stopping the attackers getting ball into feet you need to read the play and position your DCM so they can't make the pass.

You DCM need to have good stamina, pace stats as well as good defending. 

I would avoid Chiellini type players who don't have enough pace.   

ok have switched to a 2 CDM formation, am keeping one back at al lltimes and both cover center, mendy is set to stay back as well and the entire team is to drop back when we lose the ball. the plan is to concede one less goal with each game i play and score one more lol 

28 minutes ago, Beliall said:

this isnt fun

If you're new to weekend league, don't play on a Friday my dude. You said this is your first time, right? 

Wait til late Saturday / Sunday to play when the guys that take it way too seriously have already ranked. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Beliall said:

this is an RTG but honestly, if i end up doing this a lot, i might bin it off and just buy a good team

WL is difficult because you come up against teams using meta players, some players just don't fit that meta unless you are a good player it hard to use them. 

Coming back to conceding goals most goals are scored due to the back 4 losing shape like CB1 or the LB being out of position and the ball being played into the orange boxes, most import part of defending in FIFA is keeping you back 4 in it shape.

FIFA 2.PNG

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If you're new to weekend league, don't play on a Friday my dude. You said this is your first time, right? 

Wait til late Saturday / Sunday to play when the guys that take it way too seriously have already ranked. 

I'd agree definitely easier time to play games.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

yeah first time. im going in with my eyes open considering i have been playingg squad battles almost exclusively unless i needed rivals for objectives. 

first game on the new tactic, guy quit as soon as i went 3-0 up. not saying i have suddenly mastered it, but i played that game differently to the first 3. happy to get one on the board at least

quit.jpg

Edited by Beliall
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Beliall said:

yeah first time

There's rank based match making in weekend league, or at least, result based. It's been a couple of years since I read an article on how it worked but I imagine it hasn't changed much? 

The general gist is you face people who have a similar win/loss record to you. 

So early doors on a Friday before anyone has really ranked, you could be facing anyone. It means you COULD get easier games but it's unlikely given that a lot of weaker players now avoid playing on Friday at all. 

• Like 1