Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 21

What are peoples go to formations this year?

I played 4-2-3-1 in 20, but I’ve not found this as effective this game. This year, I’ve got on better with 2 striker formations, however with a 4-4-2 my wingers don’t seem to get involved as much as I’d like them to, whatever instructions I apply.

4-2-2-2 is my go to currently, but I’m still not happy with the 2 CAM’s as they aren’t getting involved as they should be and they feel a bit wasted (KDB and RB Bellarabi, with Allan and Witzel as my CDM’s).

What works for you?

I’ve somehow managed to end up in division 2 in rivals after being in division 5/6 in FIFA 20 the majority of the time. The games are so intense though, it’s really not enjoyable as playing in the lower leagues.

Edited by stu

Got Gold 3 in WL (16 wins, 1 off gold 2 annoyingly), but that's the last time I'm going to play it for a long while. Just not worth the time commitment, players seem to be even more toxic than usual, and the lag/scripting is absolutely BS. I feel like I may have actually benefitted from stupid scripting crap more than in cost me in most games, but it's absolutely horrendous. I beat some people that I definitely shouldn't have, but in others lost to people who were worse than me; in some, I could barely control my own players, and I'd hit the bar when it was an open net, while they'd score 3 times from 3 crappy shots which would get parried straight to their players.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deejdeej said:

Anyone else's pack luck been shockingly bad for the last few weeks? Struggling to get anything over an 83 rated despite getting some good packs through rewards, sbcs and objectives!

As I mentioned before my pack luck has been shocking since the start, always end up rank 1 on rivals, countless rare mega packs with trash in them lol

1 hour ago, stu said:

I played 4-2-3-1 in 20, but I’ve not found this as effective this game. This year, I’ve got on better with 2 striker formations, however with a 4-4-2 my wingers don’t seem to get involved as much as I’d like them to, whatever instructions I apply.

4-2-2-2 is my go to currently, but I’m still not happy with the 2 CAM’s as they aren’t getting involved as they should be and they feel a bit wasted (KDB and RB Bellarabi, with Allan and Witzel as my CDM’s).

What works for you?

I’ve somehow managed to end up in division 2 in rivals after being in division 5/6 in FIFA 20 the majority of the time. The games are so intense though, it’s really not enjoyable as playing in the lower leagues.

Yep same used to play 4231 religiously but its a bit useless this year, ive gone 41212 narrow and am close to div 1. Hazard and Werner upfront for me are amazing

• Like 1

jjoiningn in the formations chat, i used to like 352 previously but this time around i have been using 4132 and it worked for a while till i got bored of losinng the midfield battle. i have tried most formations nnow but i have settled on 433(2) great links for my hybrid team and its flexible enough i can switch it mid match if i need to to another variant

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stu said:

What works for you?

433(4) has been my go to so far this Fifa if that’s not working in game and I’m struggling to break my opponent down I switch to 352

• Like 1

Weren’t going to bother with the WL this weekend but as it will probably be the last time I play the game mode for a while with the ps5 dropping on Thursday I thought I’d give it 1 last go... went from 8/1 to 11/6, the games just went rapidly down hill with the usual 1 depth drop back long ball boring tactics in full swing lol I just really couldn’t be bothered and quit 4 of the games after being bored to death for 20 in game minutes before being hit on the counter! The game is just so unrewarding from the bounces to the constant ai blocks by the oppo (guess you need Van Dijk and Varane to get those though as my defenders seem to just move out of the way lol) maybe after grinding champs religiously since it started the penny has finally dropped that it’s just not worth it as unless it’s Toty the rewards just don’t reflect the grind! Will probably do icon objectives along with the friendly objectives as they’ve been the only saving grace for me so far, especially the silver mode.... anyway rant over roll on Spider-Man miles morales and AC Valhalla lol 

Edited by dbtcity
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Has anyone got to level 30 on season progress? Not sure who to pick

I took Sabitzer, because I have a hybrid Bundesliga/PL team and needed some cover in midfield.

Decent card but only has 3* skills, which is a downside for me.