Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Alfredo Morelos

10 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

C'mon now. Neither Rangers OR Celtic are hated by their league OR their media but they will both have you believe that they are. 

The truth is, both teams are favoured much more than any other club in Scotland, absolute fact. 

More favoured certainly but more hated too. The two aren’t mutually exclusive. They are loved despised in equal measure. X

Just now, RumbleFox said:

More favoured certainly but more hated too. The two aren’t mutually exclusive. They are loved despised in equal measure. X

By fans, yes but the FA and Media? Certainly not. Rangers and Celtic are both the FA and the Medias bread and butter. Everything leans towards both clubs up here. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

By fans, yes but the FA and Media? Certainly not. Rangers and Celtic are both the FA and the Medias bread and butter. Everything leans towards both clubs up here. 

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

It's similar to how the media loved Man United but constantly went after Rooney.

5 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I see your point but the system here is so divided and ingrained in foolish prejudice that half of “the system/FA/media” are very much against rangers. And half Celtic. They are favoured of course but much of the media and half of the fa/official will have a bias against them even if subconscious. I say this as someone who has lived in Glasgow for 6 years and hates both teams equally, they are abhorrent. I’m not trying to stick up for them but there is, objectively, a large part of both the media and FA fundamentally, personally opposed to anything rangers. Anyhoo, he’s certainly a hothead but I think he’d be less so down here. But that is just my personal opinion obviously. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, john ridley said:

Remember people  weren't happy when we signed speedie,and look what happened, we need more players with an "edge".

I agree with this. If he’s on your team, it’s fantastic when your crowd back and really  get behind a player that other teams hate.

15 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I agree with this. If he’s on your team, it’s fantastic when your crowd back and really  get behind a player that other teams hate.

I'll happily back anyone wearing a Leivester badge on that pitch, it's a completely different story to ask fans to back a player sitting in the stand serving their third or fourth suspension of the season....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'll happily back anyone wearing a Leivester badge on that pitch, it's a completely different story to ask fans to back a player sitting in the stand serving their third or fourth suspension of the season....

Do you think Brendan could get better discipline out of him than Gerard (who was no saint) and Rangers could?

i think he could 

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Do you think Brendan could get better discipline out of him than Gerard (who was no saint) and Rangers could?

i think he could 

I reckon he could IF Morelos was willing to work with him on that part of his game but there lies the problem. He has been quoted on numerous occasions as saying he will never change his attitude on or off the pitch. He either doesn't want to but that part out his game OR he is unable to. 

Worth bearing in mind too that he's currently playing at a club that win the majority of their games fairly routinely and he still gets wound up regularly. He'd be up against smarter defenders here and playing for a side that can't expect to rock up and win 9 times out of 10. I think he'd be even more of a coiled spring down here.

• Like 1

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Worth bearing in mind too that he's currently playing at a club that win the majority of their games fairly routinely and he still gets wound up regularly. He'd be up against smarter defenders here and playing for a side that can't expect to rock up and win 9 times out of 10. I think he'd be even more of a coiled spring down here.

Imagine him being marked by someone like Ben Mee. He wouldn't make it past the 10 minute mark.

• Like 1

I was dead against this until I googled 'Alfredo Morelos' and then 'Alfredo Morelos wife' came up as a search possibility and then I went on Google image search and now I'm all for this transfer.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Although we did win 10 out of 11 PL games from Sep to Dec this season. Just saying. :whistle:

• Haha 1

He has certainly improved his conduct this season compared to last season

18/19 All Competitions - 16 yellow cards, 2 subsequent yellow cards, 3 red cards

19/20 All Competitions - 8 yellow cards, 2 subsequent yellow cards, 0 red cards

The 2 occassions where he got 2nd yellows this season were:

Against Motherwell after scoring because of his celebration - a gesture to the Motherwell fans, which apparently he always makes when he scores

Against Celtic he got a 2nd yellow for diving

Not like he is getting sent off for violent conduct etc.

Also in that time with suspensions he has still managed to score 53 goals, 19 assists in 82 games across all competitions in just two seasons

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1