Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Alfredo Morelos

A report in Colombia (h/t Daily Record), suggests that Leicester City are preparing a bid for Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos ahead of the summer transfer window.

Morelos, 23, came through the ranks of Independiente Medellin’s youth system and joined Finnish side Helsinki initially on loan. In two seasons in Finland, he racked up a staggering 46 goals and 13 assists in 62 games and was picked by Rangers in the summer of 2017

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Can’t see him fitting in the dressing room

Bit of a loose cannon 

No problem we can permanently self-isolate him. 

Guest Cujek

Just the type of player that does well at Leicester, a misfit.

i would take him, Vardy aint getting younger and as much as i like Kelechi, i dont think he is the long term answer.

wont hurt to at least give the guy a chance.

the disciplinary record is grim reading, but some of the reds have been vastly unfair, and the knuckle draggers playing against him do their utmost to wind him up, so its a bit unfair to call him a walking red card.

As someone who lives in Glasgow, he definitely gets a hard time from refs/opposition fans. Not saying he is blameless but I think away from the madness of the old firm and the sectarian bollcks up here he won’t have anywhere near as poor a disciplinary record. He certainly has potential. X

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

As someone who lives in Glasgow, he definitely gets a hard time from refs/opposition fans. Not saying he is blameless but I think away from the madness of the old firm and the sectarian bollcks up here he won’t have anywhere near as poor a disciplinary record. He certainly has potential. 

A wee word in his ear, stand on his heel a couple of times and he IS going to lash out and get sent off though....

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

A wee word in his ear, stand on his heel a couple of times and he IS going to lash out and get sent off though....

Possibly. Hopefully a year older, change of scene you never know. I’m not saying we should sign him just that he’s in quite a toxic atmosphere up here and a self fulfilling cycle. He has potential as a player and has that “edge”. Whether or not he has too much edge I’m not sure. As an opposition manager for their biggest rivals for a number of years, if Brendan is genuinely interested I think that says a lot. 

I like him, as someone said he gets a hard time. Let’s not forget Rangers are hated by the SPL and media so any opportunity to portray as the bad man they love. 

over lockdown I believe his been in Colombia giving food to families less fortunate than him. He’s also just become a dad for the first time which could help him. 

on a lighter note if I was playing against Scott brown I’d get sent off every time too!!

• Like 1

His record is impressive, you can only beat what is in front of you, I am sure his mentality is used by opposition to their advantage, etc, etc.

As mentioned by @RumbleFox - if he is out of the cauldron of Glasgow, perhaps he is ideal for us :dunno:

Or perhaps the East Midlands warzone might be a case of out of the frying pan into the fire....

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

I like him, as someone said he gets a hard time. Let’s not forget Rangers are hated by the SPL and media so any opportunity to portray as the bad man they love. 

over lockdown I believe his been in Colombia giving food to families less fortunate than him. He’s also just become a dad for the first time which could help him. 

on a lighter note if I was playing against Scott brown I’d get sent off every time too!!

C'mon now. Neither Rangers OR Celtic are hated by their league OR their media but they will both have you believe that they are. 

The truth is, both teams are favoured much more than any other club in Scotland, absolute fact.