Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
deanolegend1989

The Situation.

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I'm thinking maybe some players heads have been turned which may explain the lack of cutting edge since January.

We've got Cags, Chilwell, Madison, Ricardo, N'didi all on the rumour mill.

Madison still hasn't signed a new contract and there's probably a lot players thinking about big money transfers.

It's going to play on your mind knowing that you can be tripling your wages and okay for a genuinely big club.

This has been my argument since January. It was startlingly evident from the jan window that our form, desire and commitment has been wanting since maddo was linked away. Then we have the Brendon to Arsenal, Ndidi and Riccy being linked to every team in the world and Cags being linked to Man City. I think its perhaps a mentality thing, I hope we are able to figure it out. 

5 minutes ago, casablancas said:

This has been my argument since January. It was startlingly evident from the jan window that our form, desire and commitment has been wanting since maddo was linked away. Then we have the Brendon to Arsenal, Ndidi and Riccy being linked to every team in the world and Cags being linked to Man City. I think its perhaps a mentality thing, I hope we are able to figure it out. 

...The premise that something has transpired behind the scenes could be very true!!!

Extending Rodgers contract in the midst of the season could possibly have been poor timing.

Just looking at the Solskjaer at Man. U. when it was announced that his contract had been extended. The performances went down although the influence of Pogba did not help his cause.

When sir Alex Ferguson announced his retirement in the middle of their season, the players literally went on holiday, form dropped and results went downhill. He then recanted his decision and the players were brought back into line.

The possibility of some resentment by the players in respect of Rodgers new contract, could have demotivated the squad.

We have seen this before, although I find it difficult to believe and trust Rodgers but the last thing we need is another manager cycle.

We have lost our way a little regarding performances since the new year and we still sit in 3rd.

That says a lot also about everyone else’s form bar Man City and Liverpool.

We have seen this season when our strongest starting 11 is on form and available, we can play some nice fast possession football to devastating effect.

Hopefully these sort of performances come to the fore soon to cement that top 4 place.

With the games coming thick and fast it’s going to put more emphasis on any teams ‘squad’ 

We know outside of our starting 11 we’re relatively starved of quality and our team struggles when there are 2/3 changes to our stating 11 and can easily turn in a lacklustre performance.

It shows also that if we quailify for the CL football a lot of work is needed pre season to get a big enough squad with genuine quality to perform week in week out with more than likely a squad rotation with midweek CL games.

They look a little low on ideas and confidence, maybe even some anxiety’s regarding Covid thought the squad.

Rodgers needs to show now why the owners were right to give him a new contact, and show he has it in him to turn our recent form back to where it was pre Christmas and install that confidence and belief.

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Dont get why Rodgers doesnt drop vardy, hes clearly not working in this system and has/had more clout than Puel to get away with it 

Yeah play the same way as against Brighton but take Vardy out. We created so many chances and we just need a striker to finish them 🙏🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Edited by deanolegend1989

7 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Yeah play the same way as against Brighton but take Vardy out. We created so many chances and we just need a striker to finish them 🙏🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Yeah you're so right, it makes sense to continue to play with a striker who has a touch every half hour

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Yeah you're so right, it makes sense to continue to play with a striker who has a touch every half hour

Do you think if we had someone else there we’d of done better? With Maddison on the wing and Mendy and Ndidi passing like a training match in their own half, do you think it would change? 🤦‍♂️

3 hours ago, Corky said:

We've regressed from the excellent run of form from October- December clearly, and have lots of improving to do in a short space of time. You asked whether we'd made progress under Rodgers- surely you compare it with last season or the previous manager and obviously we're in a better place than we were then.

End of last season we had the normal Leicester City new manager bump (or just deciding to play and not get a manager sacked mode). Carried that over into the new season but appear to have been found out and now BR is struggling to find the remedy. You have to admit very strange formations, substitutions and tactics somewhat like Puel. Since Christmas don't see anything different to Puelball. Even Puel got a few good results, ie. Manure City.I for one am not convinced with BR. He is highly regarded but I don't know if that is only because he is British. A lot like the English players. World class until they play world class players. Then suddenly brought down to earth. I would love to see him prove me wrong. I honestly due. Sadly at the moment I don't know what he is trying to achieve. I for one could see what Puel was trying to do. Change our entire footballing mentality and weed out the older players and introduce a more I suppose modern football. BR took that initial work and has obviously gone on and have the players do the same. Hopefully next season with a few new players he can change the system to something more attractive. But as of right now it is just Puel side to side football with nothing going forward and oh so slow. We have young inexperienced players but they should be fit enough to be busting a gut. Take care mate

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Do you think if we had someone else there we’d of done better? With Maddison on the wing and Mendy and Ndidi passing like a training match in their own half, do you think it would change? 🤦‍♂️

I'm not saying that the system is flawless, but if we are just going to play with vardy marked out of the game effectively playing with 10 men then i dont really see the point in persisting imo, I'd try kelechi as lone then bring vardy as an impact sub 

Hes scored 2 goals in 11 games

But footballers can have peak-and-trough periods.

Reckon if he gets one soon, his confidence and everything else will be at a better rate all of a sudden and he'll be back to his 'normal self'.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

Hes scored 2 goals in 11 games

He has scored 19 goals and is top scorer in the Prem despite this.

Its quite clear through his career that he goes dry when we go dry as a team.
If we played  attacking football and actually tried to win games he would do his job and win them for us.

If we want to play cautious and hope to knick a point at home vs Barcarighton I mean Brighton then what do we expect!?

I really hope BR doesn’t get stubborn and realises his mistake and go back to basics! After Chelsea look to be winning tonight, it’s kinda becoming serious!

Just now, Wymsey said:

But footballers can have peak-and-trough periods.

Reckon if he gets one soon, his confidence and everything else will be at a better rate all of a sudden.

But when hes offering nothing and scoring it's fine, I'm not blaming him completely either but I dont see why we keep persisting with him in this system when hes marked out of the game for 90 minutes, change the system or drop him, persisting with the same way week in week out is why we're losing ground

• Like 1

I'm not saying that the system is flawless, but if we are just going to play with vardy marked out of the game effectively playing with 10 men then i dont really see the point in persisting imo, I'd try kelechi as lone then bring vardy as an impact sub 

Look I respect your opinion but we have to agree to disagree. If we play the same system with 2 sitters then nothing will change.

Just now, deanolegend1989 said:

Look I respect your opinion but we have to agree to disagree. If we play the same system with 2 sitters then nothing will change.

No I agree the system is flawed, but if he persists with it why does he continue to play vardy who is marked out of the game for 90 minutes? I just want to see some form of action based on these results, how can we continue to persist with these obvious faults and hes not addressing it 

But when hes offering nothing and scoring it's fine, I'm not blaming him completely either but I dont see why we keep persisting with him in this system when hes marked out of the game for 90 minutes, change the system or drop him, persisting with the same way week in week out is why we're losing ground

There you said it ‘change the system or drop him’ the correct decision is in there somewhere but it’s clearly the former.

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

No I agree the system is flawed, but if he persists with it why does he continue to play vardy who is marked out of the game for 90 minutes? I just want to see some form of action based on these results, how can we continue to persist with these obvious faults and hes not addressing it 

I agree with everything you said but I just disagree that he should be taken out when the system is clearly the huge problem.

Get our best team back out, attack. Don’t fear losing and we will win.

Kasper

Justin Evans Soyuncu Chillwell

YT Ndidi

Maddison

Gray Vardy Barnes

Either that or stick Praet for YT and move YT for Madders and put him on bench.

Albrighton or Perez for Gray is also an option but the key is to get YT in the heartbeat of the team, get Barnes on and near Vardy and look to WIN games!!

If we played like that, went for it and lost, at least we went down fighting! I will be really angry if we sleepwalk our way off a cliff whilst the big boys take over because we were too scared to lose! Pull your finger out Brendan FFS 😡.

were running out of time!

7 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

...Nacho can't play as a lone striker!!!

If we could pair him with Perez as the two upfront then then we might just have a viable plan B.

Teams with Low Block negates Vardy, we need to be selective in the games where Vardy doesn't start.

6 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I agree with everything you said but I just disagree that he should be taken out when the system is clearly the huge problem.

Get our best team back out, attack. Don’t fear losing and we will win.

Kasper

Justin Evans Soyuncu Chillwell

YT Ndidi

Maddison

Gray Vardy Barnes

Either that or stick Praet for YT and move YT for Madders and put him on bench.

Albrighton or Perez for Gray is also an option but the key is to get YT in the heartbeat of the team, get Barnes on and near Vardy and look to WIN games!!

If we played like that, went for it and lost, at least we went down fighting! I will be really angry if we sleepwalk our way off a cliff whilst the big boys take over because we were too scared to lose! Pull your finger out Brendan FFS 😡.

were running out of time!

I agree the system is the issue, but my critique is purely on Rodgers as a manager, if he thinks this is the way we play and the best way we can win football matches then fine, hes the manager after all I may not agree but I respect it. But continuing to play vardy like hes being deployed is effectively playing with 10 men atm, the defensive lines of most teams are going to be deeper because the fitness isnt there either, 2 games have gone and if Jamie Vardys performances were by Demarai Gray or Harvey Barnes wed all be slagging them something rotten. Say what you want about Puel but he at least had the stones to drop Vardy for his vision

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Nacho can't play as a lone striker!!!

If we could pair him with Perez as the two upfront then then we might just have a viable plan B.

Teams with Low Block negates Vardy, we need to be selective in the games where Vardy doesn't start.

Nacho in more of a false nine would be more likely to get our wingers involved in this system than Vardy though, I'm not saying it's the long term solution, but I'm getting really frustrated that nothing is changing despite us being rotten week in week out

• Like 1

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Pretty sure we can stay 6 to 8th under Rodgers for the forseeable future, are we going to be happy with that now?

We can talk about being a top four regular all we like but 6th to 8th for a few years wouldn't be shameful for us

1 hour ago, steflcfc said:

We have lost our way a little regarding performances since the new year and we still sit in 3rd.

That says a lot also about everyone else’s form bar Man City and Liverpool.

This should not be forgotten.

57 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Dont get why Rodgers doesnt drop vardy, hes clearly not working in this system and has/had more clout than Puel to get away with it 

No. Doesn't need dropping whatsoever. Players need to involve him more.

15 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I agree the system is the issue, but my critique is purely on Rodgers as a manager, if he thinks this is the way we play and the best way we can win football matches then fine, hes the manager after all I may not agree but I respect it. But continuing to play vardy like hes being deployed is effectively playing with 10 men atm, the defensive lines of most teams are going to be deeper because the fitness isnt there either, 2 games have gone and if Jamie Vardys performances were by Demarai Gray or Harvey Barnes wed all be slagging them something rotten. Say what you want about Puel but he at least had the stones to drop Vardy for his vision

Yeah and where did that get us when Puel did that? Relegated probably if Brendan didn’t come in!

If it wasn’t for 2 winners by Vardy away at Chelsea and Everton we probably would of been in serious danger.

I can confidently say if we change the system to how I’ve said above and play more attacking and go out wanting to win the game and get more players higher up the field then Vardy will flourish.

Dropping him is not the answer.