Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
deanolegend1989

The Situation.

8 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Analysing recent form? We've just played our first 2 games in 3 months, both against teams that are scrapping for their Premier League lives and are very capable on their day. People are acting like we should be rocking up after a 3 month break and swatting these teams aside. Doesn't work like that. 

That's a very rose tinted view.

Wolves played a team scrapping for their lives earlier and got 3 points.

Sorry I just think you are been very selective.  If it was the other way round you would be saying we have won last 6 games, and not pretending the games didnt happen.

We are basically carrying on from where we left off before the break.

Currently wolves, manchester united have a ppg of 2 on recent form, this is a big big problem.

Our problem also isnt just results, we are actually playing badly, if we were playing well and just were getting very bad luck, I think I would be hopeful, but that isnt the case.

Form 80-90% of the time, carries on between breaks.  Our title win followed the good form in the great escape season.  Our great start to this season followed the strong end to last season.

I do think this is a difficult period

If say hypothetically madison and chilwell are aware they are already off in a few weeks to the likes of chelsea and united, is that the sort of thing that can unsettle the squad after a long inconsistent run

Ones for sure if the lads dont start winning pronto then united and wolves will reel the team in fast.

Edited by twister

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I hope those who are telling us that we won’t win any more games and that we won’t make CL will publicly apologise on here when we do .........

The question is will those who think we will do a great escape U turn of form apologise if it doesnt happen?

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

I’m still at an absolute loss as to how we’ve gone from the Pre Christmas chasers of Liverpool to a team that look devoid of anything. There seems very little organisation. Pretty much no confidence. Absolutely no ability to open up a mediocre team sitting deep. Fack ALL. 

I mean yeah, teams lose form, but this is now approaching the ridiculous. Has Brendan literally shat in everyone’s cornflakes?

These are the the games where we miss Mahrez, I feel in something like the Watford game he would have done a killer ball to Vardy or a wonder goal.  Or at least dragged defenders away who used to double up on him.  We never really replaced him.

I agree with what many people are saying, we should have got a top draw winger in January and that needs to happen in the summer.  I consider that much more priority than yet another CB. Given how passive we have been playing, Mendy not been allowed to go forward etc, I feel there is too much concern about conceding, and forgetting you cannot win games without scoring.

We need players running at the other team, the one's capable are probably Barnes, Maddison and maybe Chilwell.  If we lose the ball trying, it happens, but it will make put a more positive flow on the game.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Because he wanted the full backs to play high up and provide width whilst madison and gray came inside - so he needed 2 cdm’s to cover the full backs ....at least thats what he thought .......

You work on the training pitch? I havent found any public statement saying this.

I think it’s clear we have to go for the win more. Brendan has put the handbrake on as the nerves creep in

As proven by are 2 wins in this bad run, we’ve hammered them.

I think it shows there’s a lot of talent in the squad and given space we can be devastating. This is why I think BR is getting it wrong. We are not playing correctly at 0-0. We are being over cautious and defensive and almost waiting to either concede or for the subs to come on to change our mindset!

We have to start games with our best 11 playing how we did back in December - fearless, going for the win and if we concede take it from there.
Remember in that good run we could of conceded first vs Arsenal Lacazette missed a sitter, vs Aston Villa when the lad hit the crossbar , again a sitter. Vs Everton we did concede first but we always felt we could come back. We never really were scared to lose so we didn’t!

I feel recently we are scared every game, both BR, his tactics and the players themselves.

Even our only win in the last 7 took a hugely awful error from Reina to relieve the nerves, and after that we showed how good we can be if the handbrake is now off!

We have the ability and that’s what will be such a shame if we don’t make it, because we are good enough but tactics and confidence could kill us.

Its still in our hands(Just!) so we need very quickly to go out with nothing to lose and try and win just 3 games!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

You work on the training pitch? I havent found any public statement saying this.

it’s not rocket science is it ?  

you could see the way we tried to play but it didn’t work.  We were supposed to play with intensity and pace (listen to the pre game chat in the tunnel area on the video) but Brighton ‘out tacticed ‘ us and once we realised that their shape and intention of playing ( which was a bit unexpected as they usually look after the ball more than they did) made our shape dangerous defensively as there was too much space down the channels for a quick out ball, the full backs (especially JJ) became too worried about getting forward and that left madders and gray coming inside (as instructed) with no relatable width available higher up the pitch.

im a bit surprised that we didn’t make enough changes to the set up at the 22 min water break - it does seem that Brendan doesn’t like making tactical changes of any significance until half time ( his attention to detail maybe doesn’t allow him to make more than a few tweaks as opposed to a big change) 

the confidence that we could just step it up for the final twenty and pinch a goal is laudable but a bit over confident. We should have made the changes at half time.

Lastly, we should be aware that we don’t know the physical state of the players and how the coaching staff have things planned over the next few weeks - we play Sunday/wed/sat/tues coming up.  The weather on both of the games we played thus far was warm/hot and the sun blazed down both times ........ does that suit our usual pressing style ?  I think not.  But I was concerned to see the flat nature of the display on Tuesday.  We must wait until Sunday to see how deep the malaise really is. 

• Like 2

Brendan has one way of playing. It got found out by Christmas. He has not adapted. He appears too much of a footballing snob to have a target man to pump it up to and hold the ball up as a plan changer. We have been crying out for that all year in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Rodger's just trying to find a winning formula and get the confidence back, but 4231 with the 2 CDM's is not a problem if you move the ball quickly. I still think we lack a central midfielder who can power past people with a burst of pace! Maddison can't do that, Tielemans has no pace, Praet is not that type of player, I still think we need a Loftus Cheek style of player who can drive past people and therefore open up the spaces. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Corky said:

We went forwards to then go backwards- there is proof that we are capable of putting a run of good form together and it is required more than ever now.

You got me confused. Are you a politician? So you admit we have gone backwards now? We all would like a good run, but does BR and the squad have the ability to turn things around? We have seen 2 games where we played really well since Christmas but I would never say that is turning things around. What I would say is why has everything turned for the worse and why did it happen so sudden after a wonderful run? First game against Watford, well that was first game back and we were not good. Don't think anyone would argue with that. Then against Brighton we were even worse. Surely we should have gotten better. But yes got worse. Considerably worse. On Saturday if we are worse again I think that entire squad, BR and coaching staff should have a rocket up their. Well you know where. Lol.  Take care mate. Hope we can turn this around

Confidence is a fragile thing. I'm not sure there is 'snobbery' by Rodgers at work here, that's just conjecture. I personally think he's trying to retain faith in the players and his methods, and right now it isn't clicking. That's not arrogance on his part, it's just belief. 

Fine line, I grant you.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 2

We need to change formation and tactic for these last few games, in my opinion. 

I think that we need to switch to a back three, the reason being our wingers are largely ineffective but our full backs are more than capable of driving the side up the pitch. Chilly is undeniably excellent at this, and I think JJ is also capable given the right support. 

This means Youri might have a bit more flexibility to move, as will Maddison. It also means we can play two strikers, and having that extra CB, it means there should not be a gap between Vardy and the supporting act. 

I would be happy to see us relinquish possession slightly, to enable us to counter teams. With Chilly, Justin and Vardy on the pitch we should be looking to utilise this pace to hurt teams, we will do nothing tentatively popping the ball around midfield. Three at the back need not be a negative tactic if you employ it well, and I certainly feel we can do this. For the remaining PL games I would play;

--------------------Kasper

--------Evans-----Bennett-----Cags 

Justin ---------------------------------Chilly

--------------Youri-------N'didi---------------

-----------------Madders

---------Kalechi------------Vardy

N'didi can easily drop in where needed, Chilly and Justin have a bit more freedom to push on when in attack mode, and we have extra cover at the back. I would rather see us do this and go for it, than tip toe around the field, hoping we get a break through. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We need to change formation and tactic for these last few games, in my opinion. 

I think that we need to switch to a back three, the reason being our wingers are largely ineffective but our full backs are more than capable of driving the side up the pitch. Chilly is undeniably excellent at this, and I think JJ is also capable given the right support. 

This means Youri might have a bit more flexibility to move, as will Maddison. It also means we can play two strikers, and having that extra CB, it means there should not be a gap between Vardy and the supporting act. 

I would be happy to see us relinquish possession slightly, to enable us to counter teams. With Chilly, Justin and Vardy on the pitch we should be looking to utilise this pace to hurt teams, we will do nothing tentatively popping the ball around midfield. Three at the back need not be a negative tactic if you employ it well, and I certainly feel we can do this. For the remaining PL games I would play;

--------------------Kasper

---------Evans-----Benno-----Cags 

Justin ---------------------------------Chilly

--------------Youri-------N'didi---------------

-----------------Madders

---------Kalechi------------Vardy

N'didi can easily drop in where needed, Chilly and Justin have a bit more freedom to push on when in attack mode, and we have extra cover at the back. I would rather see us do this and go for it, than tip toe around the field, hoping we get a break through. 

Benno? As in Benkovic Currently on loan

Bristol City? How’s that gonna work then? 

I agree that we need to see Chilly and JJ pushing forward.... But, only if they then take a positive action from that i.e. a cross or shot at goal.

Too many times they get up the pitch only to check back and then play backwards, or at best sideways.

The strength of 15/16 was that we had wingbacks not afraid to attack and a counter-attack mindest. I'd favour that for the rest of this season. JV thrives on balls to run onto. Ian can do the same. We have the talent to get the ball quickly and accurately up the field and not always having to walk it practically into the net.

Possession dominance cannot win a game alone, we need to start taking many more shots.

Edited by blabyboy

Guest An Sionnach

All season its been pretty obvious to me that Chilwell and Pereira are really wing backs and need the freedom to attack yet Rodgers has never persisted with it . You have got to keep it going every match like Wolves do. It also allows Maddison to stay central and puts another six footer in the team.

Edited by An Sionnach

Put cover for Chilly at the back and let him run! We all know he has immense stamina and his fitness hasn't dipped over lockdown. Push him forward and Brendan needs to get him to cross and have a go! He clearly can score a screamer. We have lost Ricky doing it on the right so he needs to take the reins. I would also be inclined to let him have a go at corners on his side as Madders is not on it at the moment. We need to go all out against Chelsea! I would rather they tried and played with passion and lost than played how they have been. They need to just go all out.  Hopefully Man City will exhaust Chelsea tonight 😉😁 Strongest team from now on please Brendan and back to basics, no messing around with formation!

Edited by Hales

13 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Looking at Utd fixtures. Even if they get 4 wins 2 draws and have 63(they might get more).

We need at least 66 to be safe from needing to get something vs them at home Last day.

We have 6 fixtures to get 11 points I think.

Everton(A)

Palace(H)

Arsenal(A)

Bournemouth(A)

Shef Utd(H)

Spurs(A)

We need 3 wins 2 draws 1 loss out of those fixtures. That’s very tough and I can’t see it.

I reckon we'll beat Everton, Draw with Palace, Beat Arsenal, beat Bournemouth, draw with Sheff, beat Spurs and beat Manure. 17pts - looks like we'll finish 3rd.

Deano, can I ask you just one thing, could you please write could have and would have rather than could of and would of. I know it seems petty and stupid but it really drives some of us Craaaazy. Thanks

21 minutes ago, Hales said:

Put cover for Chilly at the back and let him run! We all know he has immense stamina and his fitness hasn't dipped over lockdown. Push him forward and Brendan needs to get him to cross and have a go! He clearly can score a screamer. We have lost Ricky doing it on the right so he needs to take the reins. I would also be inclined to let him have a go at corners on his side as Madders is not on it at the moment. We need to go all out against Chelsea! I would rather they tried and played with passion and lost than played how they have been. They need to just go all out.  Hopefully Man City will exhaust Chelsea tonight 😉😁 Strongest team from now on please Brendan and back to basics, no messing around with formation!

Worse case scenario is Man U win all their remaining fixtures before they play us. That puts them on 67 points.

That means if we can get 12 points before then, they we dont need to worry what happens ;) easy.

Guest ttfn
1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

So much moaning yet it’s the run in we are 3rd ahead of us are clubs that have spent £1.5 billion in last 10 years, we are 6pts clear of 5th and that club and the club in 4th have also spent over a billion between them ! 

come on wake up ! We have had two draws and are lacking a spark but we aren’t the only club to look like this post lock down, 

postives

1) our fitness is excellent 

2) we will improve 

3) we haven’t lost 

4) we have a fantastic manager 

5) we are 6pts clear of 5th with games running out 

6) Man City will be banned for at least one season and we are all but guaranteed top 5 now

7) corporate/Exec boxes will be open for next season so some of us will get to see games early doors 

8) we have a very good owner 

9) we have a talented squad 

10) we can win the FA cup 

Lots of good points here but I would definitely question the assertion that the fitness is excellent.

I certainly thought Watford and Brighton looked fitter than us since the CV resumption, playing at a much higher intensity.

But generally the sheer number of (decisive) late goals we concede should be enough to conclude we’re not an especially fit side. The whole squad looked fatigued for the 2 months before the CV break and it showed with repeatedly conceding after 75 mins since the turn of the year.

Edited by ttfn

7 minutes ago, Ollie93 said:

Worse case scenario is Man U win all their remaining fixtures before they play us. That puts them on 67 points.

That means if we can get 12 points before then, they we dont need to worry what happens ;) easy.

😁🤞

43 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Ryan Bennett

Aaah that Benno. I get u now. Yeh not a bad call tho not quite sure if after getting him in after working with him before, BR has been that impressed. He’s not even given the lad a sniff of a chance.  

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

it’s not rocket science is it ?  

you could see the way we tried to play but it didn’t work.  We were supposed to play with intensity and pace (listen to the pre game chat in the tunnel area on the video) but Brighton ‘out tacticed ‘ us and once we realised that their shape and intention of playing ( which was a bit unexpected as they usually look after the ball more than they did) made our shape dangerous defensively as there was too much space down the channels for a quick out ball, the full backs (especially JJ) became too worried about getting forward and that left madders and gray coming inside (as instructed) with no relatable width available higher up the pitch.

im a bit surprised that we didn’t make enough changes to the set up at the 22 min water break - it does seem that Brendan doesn’t like making tactical changes of any significance until half time ( his attention to detail maybe doesn’t allow him to make more than a few tweaks as opposed to a big change) 

the confidence that we could just step it up for the final twenty and pinch a goal is laudable but a bit over confident. We should have made the changes at half time.

Lastly, we should be aware that we don’t know the physical state of the players and how the coaching staff have things planned over the next few weeks - we play Sunday/wed/sat/tues coming up.  The weather on both of the games we played thus far was warm/hot and the sun blazed down both times ........ does that suit our usual pressing style ?  I think not.  But I was concerned to see the flat nature of the display on Tuesday.  We must wait until Sunday to see how deep the malaise really is. 

I agree what you said makes sense but sometimes football management dont do the obvious things, thats why I asked you.

• Like 1