Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
deanolegend1989

The Situation.

1 hour ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

A lot of fans on this forum are saying that we have improved under BR. But have we?  Since Christmas we have in my opion have seriously regressed all over the park. Remember title winning season we never stopped improving under Ranieri and the coaching staff. Look how defensively solid we became. Closing out games 1-0. I have to ask the question because since Christmas I have asked the question about BR and have been slaughtered for questioning his tactics, formations and substitutions. Apart from Pearson he seems to be able to do no wrong and you cannot question his ability. I have to admit I seriously hope that I am wrong but I don't see us improving. It is like we have been found out second half of the season, other teams adjusted and we have no new answers. 

After 31 games last season we had 41 points. We have 55 now.

Of course we've improved under him.

• Like 1

Just now, deanolegend1989 said:

Do you think if Ronaldo and Messi were playing we’d of won?

Mendy is league 1 standard. When he leaves Leicester he will not get a club in the top division of any league and if he does he won’t have more than 50 appearances in his entire career.

Tielemans is are 1 hope to get the top 4. If Brendan plays him for 90 mins each game we should have enough to win 3. If he doesn’t we won’t, it’s as simple as that.

Yes, I think R'n'M would have tipped the balance and turned our 0-0 drubbing into a (nailbiting) win. 

As for Mendy, your '50 appearances in his entire career' comment needs further explanation, given he's played in 40-odd games for us in the Prem and 130+ in Ligue 1. Before you start, the latter is not reason for you to say 'I told you so'.

7 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

It’s taken just a week of (awful) football for a significant group of fans to lose all confidence in this team. That says a lot to me. 

Time for Brendan and the players to earn their contract money. 

Rodgers over and out. 

Hmm I'm not sure it's solely the last couple of weeks. It's been a bit "Puelesq" (except for a couple of results) the whole of 2020 really. 

1 minute ago, The_Rorab said:

Why would Tielemans make more of a difference than having Messi AND Ronaldo? How does that make any lick of sense?

Because football is a team game and it’s irrelevant who we had up top and wide yesterday , they would of had no chance.

Brighton would of been laughing how easy it was to defend against, no ideas, brainless sideways football.

Its like playing chess and just moving the pawn up and back every move.

Again I’ll say Tielemans is the player we need, he’s the key to us getting top 4.

We can’t rely on being sh*t and getting in due to Utd and Wolves not being good enough, Utd will get at least 63 points going into our game vs them at the KP.

We are going to need minimum 3 wins in the next 5 games and I cannot see where there coming from!

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

In the Premier League in 2020 we've

Won 3 

Lost 4

Drawn 4

2 of those wins were in January. 

So in about 3 months worth of football we've lost 4, drawn 4 and won 1.

You can see why is squeaky bum time!

My bum is hard and robust....and it never squeaks....

We are Leicester,we will do a CL Great Escape and leave it until the last minute to Equalise in our last game,to qualify...!!!

We enjoy doing it the hard way...The celebrations even sweeter....!!!

We shouldn’t be targeting Mendy for that Tuesday shambles. The whole team were culpable and especially Rodgers for his selection and delay with substitutes. I do think Schmeichel has so far contributed to the 2 points we have gained. We’d be reeling if we lost both of these games.

• Like 1

Too many players who are happy when things are going well and the team is full of confidence, but when we need to dig in or when things aren't going for us they're just too SOFT.

Throwing arms in the air when they don't get the ball, daft handshakes in the tunnel, too friendly with opposition players, we all know who they are.

Step up and show some grit or  **** off, simple...

These lot will cost us a european spot because of their lack of mental resilience.

Edited by Mapperleyfox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Yes I guess you’re right but we’re not too far from  a handful of flakes becoming an avalanche. The next two games are vital, first for a semblance of belief and confidence; the second vs Everton. absolutely critical. 

I agree - and I don't think many would disagree.

Just the 'I feel so sorry for myself' voices are so very tiresome to read, repeatedly. You're anxious, we get it. 

6 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Because football is a team game and it’s irrelevant who we had up top and wide yesterday , they would of had no chance.

Brighton would of been laughing how easy it was to defend against, no ideas, brainless sideways football.

Its like playing chess and just moving the pawn up and back every move.

Again I’ll say Tielemans is the player we need, he’s the key to us getting top 4.

We can’t rely on being sh*t and getting in due to Utd and Wolves not being good enough, Utd will get at least 63 points going into our game vs them at the KP.

We are going to need minimum 3 wins in the next 5 games and I cannot see where there coming from!

The footballing equivalent of this would be rugby

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Haha 1

Looking at Utd fixtures. Even if they get 4 wins 2 draws and have 63(they might get more).

We need at least 66 to be safe from needing to get something vs them at home Last day.

We have 6 fixtures to get 11 points I think.

Everton(A)

Palace(H)

Arsenal(A)

Bournemouth(A)

Shef Utd(H)

Spurs(A)

We need 3 wins 2 draws 1 loss out of those fixtures. That’s very tough and I can’t see it.

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

After 31 games last season we had 41 points. We have 55 now.

Of course we've improved under him.

The same argument could have been made for Claude in January 2018.

Not in the B-Rod category just yet but the dip in form is alarming.

Just now, deanolegend1989 said:

Don’t call me an idiot because I don’t agree with you

Agree with you but one small point: pawns in chess can only move forward not backwards. 

Given that Brendan should take up chess 

2 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Agree with you but one small point: pawns in chess can only move forward not backwards. 

Given that Brendan should take up chess 

I know but you missed the point. Pawns can’t go backwards I know, but that’s what we were doing in football related terms. Our performance was equivalent of moving a pawn forward and back - ie illegal and never going to win playing like that.

that performance yesterday was so bad it needs slating. People sometimes need to wake up and realise this isn’t a knee jerk reaction , it’s been coming for months and I’m just ****ing fed up of it

Edited by deanolegend1989
  • Like 1

We need a second decent striker alongside Vardy. Plus the fact Vardy doesnt have that long left really as our main striker - we need to be planning for the future. Nacho is great when he is on form and full of confidence but those periods are few and far between.

We seem to have too many inconsistent players at the minute. Maybe it is fitness. Maybe it is the style of play.  The bottom line, we are in form when Vardy is in form and scoring. The service he has been provided is crap.

2 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I know but you missed the point. Pawns can’t go backwards I know, but that’s what we were doing in football related terms. Our performance was equivalent of moving a pawn forward and back - ie illegal and never going to win playing like that.

Our performance was illegal? Will we get a points deduction?

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Our performance was illegal? Will we get a points deduction?

We probably should of been it was that bad. Brighton were the better team for a good 60-70 minutes and even the last 20 when we looked to push them deeper. Our best chance was a beg of a hand ball!

Id be fuming if we were 19th and not taking advantage of a relegation 6 pointer, but with the quality we have? From where we were in December? That is not acceptable, I can’t see how anyone can defend that performance it was that bad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

We probably should of been it was that bad. Brighton were the better team for a good 60-70 minutes and even the last 20 when we looked to push them deeper. Our best chance was a beg of a hand ball!

Id be fuming if we were 19th and not taking advantage of a relegation 6 pointer, but with the quality we have? From where we were in December? That is not acceptable, I can’t see how anyone can defend that performance it was that bad.

Are we obliged to agree with you?